Why so many bots

It is really ruining my experience with this game.

5 Likes

you mean the AI bots that Blizz runs, then pretends you’re facing a real person?

2 Likes

As well as the botters. Don’t worry, some pro blizz poster will be along shortly to tell you to “git gud” to avoid dealing with botting being against tos.

2 Likes

you mean in mercenaryes? Simple “your opponent” because low population P2W model most players not accepted

I love this theory that Streamer Mode in Hearthstone is a definitive of botting.

2 Likes

One of the downsides of this game being F2P.

wow had a ton of bots, and it was a monthly sub. And those devs and actiblizz ignored the problem for YEARS! It has everything to do with a dev team and company’s willingness to deal with the problem, and nothing to do with the accessibility of the game.

Well, I guess there are various reasons. Not only F2P. It’s I think in general about the grind and some people want to skip it. If you would have no rewards of any kind you also would probably also have no bots. F2P just exaggerates the problem.

1 Like

citation needed.
Also, a game with zero rewards. Amazing. Sounds like a real winner, game of the decade title.

There would be bots because account selling would still be a thing. Because having people play those accounts requires something like a cheap labor force unscrupulous actors abuse like the infamous example of the prisoners being forced to grind for gold selling in a prison labor camp in the country that cannot be named (but is home to the company that holds a stake in actiblizz).

2 Likes

there are so many bots that the real players are playing just like the bots its staring to get annoying

1 Like

To my knowledge, I’ve never encountered a “bot”.

How does one play like a “bot”?

how have you never encountered a bot? Do you play classic?

2 Likes

You can play against real players in standard (ranked), wild (ranked) or casual. Simply click the “Hearthstone” top button of the menu.
What you have been playing was the single player mode, either the “Practice” mode against Innkeeper or some other adventures against different characters. That one is the AI’s bot.

Why would you think i am playing single player mode? What gave you that idea? Ive played the same bot 4 times today. it is really ruining my life right now

2 Likes

Do you really think people are this stupid that they’re playing in the wrong mode? lol

There are tons of bots on Classic ladder. Stop being condescending.

4 Likes

I’ve only seen one obvious ranked bot, wild. He is a warrior with the card that makes the hero power give him 4 armor. And he was just playing hero power and waiting for the time limit to run out. i found it twice.

1 Like

i just played against a bot yesterday, i thought i go do some daily’s for gold, but the battle took so much of my time i was not able to do more after that, i kept playing because such losers doesn’t deserve a free win, even at silver 10. if i leave, i lose my winstreak and he gets a free win. he had gold portrait, those ppl need perma banned, and an account reset for wins.

there should be some monitoring feature in game that tracks playtime, win count, round timer, and much more so that they can see when someone is using a bot, i can’t imagine that a real player would be playing so slow, even not while doing some work near it. (i know ppl afk farm in mmo while at work) atleast something too check how someone is playing and or increase play time. some bots are tring to kill their own hero.

and as Drolo said, they always have the card for better hero power.

Because some players want all the rewards that you normally get that requires you to put time into the game without actually putting in the time. Essentially, they cheat at the expense of others, and they don’t care.

This is, I think, a new occurrence. Been playing this game since its inception, and there have never been bots. This year, and mainly in Ranked play, I’ve come across numerous bots. You know they are bots, because they don’t hesitate when they play. They automatically play their hands, they make irrational moves, etc. There’s no “thinking” involved and therefore a bot. It’s an easy win, but kind of takes away from the competitive nature of the game…such as it is lol. And yes, I know this post was made back in May…and it’s January 2023 now, but I started noticing the bots about a couple of months ago. I come across one about every other game now.

2 Likes

I don’t think this is very likely; I think you, & the others, are simply mistaken.

I’ve noticed that the behavior attributed to bots has changed.

I don’t spend any thought on whether my opponent is a bot or not.