Where's my dust refund for all the changed Classic Cards?

The problem is they aren’t the cards they paid for. That’s the entire point of the dust refunds. Wild cards that get changed are refunded. Cleric is a Legacy card in the same set as classic cards are now, and is currently eligible for a full dust refund. Nerfed Classic cards were not flagged for a full refund despite being changed and now being in the same set.

4 Likes

Better Call Saul
Otherwise we can offer you any free Spanish Lesson by Tuco S.

I rarely visit Hearthstone news on social media, e-mail or here on the forums.

Why haven’t we received a notice of this amazing Classic mode shutting down?

This is the only way I rank each week (and Tavern Brawl) for the 5 wins, since it was reintroduced.
I’ve gotten my Legendary cardback through this as well.

RIP Hearthstone 2014-2023

1 Like

More precisely, Classic cards were just ‘mirrors’ of their respective counterparts from the Legacy set, which is still there unchanged — so that’s a formal excuse to not offer any refund, as per usual routines.

For reference: https://hearthstone.fandom.com/wiki/Classic_format .

What’s more, the recent changes having been made, you’re supposed to spend more, not the other way around (see, for instanse, this topic), and such a refund would have been inconsistent with this course of action.

“RIP Hearthstone 2014-2023”

What a silly thing to say, classic was not even available for most of that period. Blizzard should still refund classic cards being nerfed, Force of Nature clearly deserves one.

1 Like

bit too late for the refunds that card was nerfed over 6 years ago

I demand a refund.
What does the Blue Fox say?

No, it was nerfed the day classic was removed. Those copies of the cards were purchased in their original forms, and should follow the same rules.

2 Likes

Not in the sense that the card got worse. When you owned for instance Force of Nature, you owned a 5 mana spell that summons three Treants, that you could use in Wild, Duels, and some Tavern Brawls. And because you owned that card, you were given for free a copy of the Classic version of Force of Nature, that cost 6 mana, and gave the Treants charge and a severly limited lifespan.

The Force of Nature that you owned is still there, and it is still usable in Wild, Duels, and some Tavern Brawls. And likely also in some future seasons of Twist. It is unchanged, and not nerfed.
The free extra “Classic” copy that you had may or may not still be in your collection, I don’t know. However, since it was specifically for a game mode that has been retired, that is no longer relevant. You won’t be able to play with it, because it was allowed in Classic only.

So no, the cards were not nerfed. A game mode was retired, that made a bunch of cards unplayable, but those cards were all given for free, as “copies” of cards you had in your collection. Basically, they were loaner cards.

That said, this technical explanation does not do justice to the fact that there are people who bought packs and/or crafted cards specifically because they wanted to use the Classic counterpart of that card in their Classic deck. If you crafted Force of Nature for the express purpose of using it in Classic, and no intention to ever use it in any other game mode, then you have been cheated.

Classic was never announced as a temporary mode, and players could reasonably expect that their investment in crafting cards for Classic decks would be useful forever. That expectation has been thwarted, by the unexpected retirement of Classic, and I do agree that it would be fair to think about some sort of compensation.
But what? That is the problem. You may have crafted Force of Nature for a Classic deck. I perhaps crafted the same card for a Wild deck. Should you receive dust and I not receive any? How would Blizzard decide what you and I crafted the card (or bought the packs) for?

This is objectively untrue, because the Classic FoN I crafted was a separate crafted dustable card. It was not a “bonus” card. It was nerfed.

Actually, the new versions are the loaner cards, as they aren’t dustable and rotate with Core. The old ones were not.

So many of us crafted Gold versions of our decks in expectation of it being evergreen, as that was what Blizzard sold to us.

If you crafted it for Wild or any other purpose, and the version you explicitly crafted was changed, you should be compensated. That’s how it works in every other case.

I think you are confused by the various different copies of cards. There is no such thing as a “Wild” Force of Nature or Black Knight. There is a Legacy FoN only, but there is explicitly an uncraftable Core Black Knight and a craftable Classic (now Legacy) Black Knight. ONLY the Classic/Legacy version was changed. You could not have crafted a “Wild” version of these cards. Any version of Black Knight that was craftable prior to this patch was changed, but not its free version. This is the case for all of the changed cards.

Blizzard is likely banking on this confusion to excuse themselves while they continue to cast headcrack over and over.

2 Likes

Bring back Classic!

Been playing Hearthstone since beta and Classic was the only thing that kept me around.

All my Classic decks are golden from years of playing and now the only way I can experience and play Classic is through Wild. I will not touch that gamemode nor any other mode on this game.

2 Likes

Day 7 of waiting to be refunded for Blizzard’s rugpull.

1 Like

the wild version is the legacy version .
The Classic TBKnight is a 6 mana 4-5 and it was craft linked with the Legacy TBK 4 mana 4-4 undead tag (craft linked means you craft one you get both) … than there is a Core TBK that is same stats as Legacy but use a different watermark.
Core TBK joined this year (23 march , year of the wolf ) , that means before to use it in wild/other you need a Legacy version.

edit: if you check TBK changelogs here
https://hearthstone.fandom.com/wiki/The_Black_Knight
the move from classic to legacy was back in 2021-03-30: Moved from Classic to Legacy set.
so is not “now” legacy like last patch changed it.

1 Like

I think they were refunded back then, when they were originally nerfed. Can’t be bothered to seatch the wiki, but you could do it.

And I demand a sandwich!

No, that’s more of an analogy fitting for Core.

With that said, I think I’ve provided an explanation above. If somebody wishes to persist in their contrary opinion, I leave them to it. You’ve been patient enough trying to explain the same thing yet again, though.

Well, ‘legally’, you don’t own anything in this game, as far as I understand. Anything could go ‘poof’ and disappear at any moment, and they’d be in the right.

Players in China might have assumed the same, remember what happened to all their accounts?

Repeating yourself much, eh? And here I was thinking this reminded me of something I’ve already read on this forum…

I’ll report you for spamming just in case.

The old ‘Classic’ set (no longer in the game, the wiki even specifies years when it was there to avoid confusion) existed before the Classic format was introduced, and your wording might be a bit misleading here — or it’s just a bad example. The rest in your post above is, of course, correct in its essense (I’m not gonna nitpick about language or grammar :grinning: ), though.

yeah my english is not so good , i was referring to this

Introducing the Legacy Set
Basic and Classic cards will join Wild in the form of a card set named “Legacy”.
When the Core Set is added at rotation, we’ll be retiring the Hall of Fame entirely. The Basic and Classic sets will move to Wild under a new name—the Legacy Set, which is where most cards from the Hall of Fame will go as well. There are a few exceptions: Genn Greymane, Baku the Mooneater, and other Hall of Fame cards from the Witchwood will return to the Witchwood set, and Shadowform will return to Standard as part of the Core Set!

https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23620129/introducing-the-core-set-and-classic-format

I get your point and I agree it would be nice if you got dust for them, but I can see the line of reasoning for doing nothing.

Every classic card has always been a wild/legacy card, therefore, no one ever lost anything, therefore, there’s no need for dust refunds, and no, it’s not technically the case that people lost or didn’t get ‘cards they paid for.’ You got them. They’re the way they’ve always been. They just lost a ‘bonus’ feature they used to have, being their classic versions.

I agree it would be nice if something were to be done, but honestly, devil’s advocate is not that unreasonable of a position, all things considered. Also this isn’t a bug and this is the bug forums, so this conversation shouldn’t take place here anyway.

Yeah, old ‘Classic’ cards, referred to in that part, were those you could get from Classic packs, more or less. Don’t remember about special promo cards in particular, but the wiki has the details about historic card sets.

No. You crafted the Legacy FoN and got the Classic FoN thrown in for free as a bonus.

Many Classic cards were not even in Core at all. Those that were always ALSO still had a copy in their original set (usually Legacy), that you could see if you looked at specifically that set.

I already told you that I agree that there should be some form of compensation for those who crafted cards or bought packs specifically so that they could access their Classic counterparts.
Just don’t label it as a bug, or as “my cards were changed”, or “cards I paid for were removed from my account”, because none of those is true. And when you want to have any chance of being taken seriously by Blizzard, then it helps to explain the problem as it is: that you bought packs or crafted Legacy cards because you wanted to get access to that card in Classic, and that these cards now have no value for you because Classic was retired and you don’t play Wild.

That’s how it works when an existing card is changed, and the change is considered to make it worse. You won’t get compensation for a change for the better, even if that change happens to ruin the meme deck you had intended it for,

I know all about cards and their versions.

I know that The Black Knight currently has three version: Core, Legacy, and Classic. The Core version is uncraftable and given to all players. The Legacy version is craftable. The Classic version is uncraftable, and tied to the Legacy version - you always have the same number of copies of both versions, whatever you do. (And yes, I’m talking present tense here, because the game internally still has counters for the Classic version, even though you cannot access it anymore in the user interface).

Similar for Force of Nature, except that here the three versions exist in Legacy, Classic, and in “Set 1810” - a special set for storing cards that have been in Core but have been removed from it on one of the prior Core rotations. Here, the Legacy version is craftable, the Classic version is once more tied to the Legacy version

Any news for this topic?

Classic mode has been removed. no more news