Wheel of Yogg-Saron

Actually: (edited from a true Hearthstone forum conversation, with numbers to represent forum users, with some extent of exaggeration)
player 1: I’m the saddest guy online and want an insanely skill based competition, remove all RNG in one day.
player 2: How about we keep some RNG to add fun elements to Hearthstone?
player 1: SHILL! Anti-consumer idiot! You are morally insane for supporting Blizzard.
developers: The Hearthstone team has decided to very slowly reduced CARD GENERATION RNG expansion by expansion, maybe in 2 or 3 years it would disappear. Also, we are getting a Battle Pass for the gameplay rewards to be more flexible and maybe even increased!
player 3: OK, you are saying you will remove all RNG next expansion, but with a PRICE HIKE? SOULLESS MONEY MACHINE GREED!
player 2: Maybe you misunderstood a littl…
player 3: You don’t need to mind what I say. Hearthstone is not made by developers, but greedy loot box sellers. If you disagree you are insane. It is true unless I see the most accurate evidence in the world to PROVE IT!
player 4: Hey, what does one RNG minion with a heavy requirement do? It’s for fun and maybe other cards will have slightly lowered RN…
player 1 and 3: SHILL! IDIOTS ARE PROTECTING THIS PRICE HIKE!
player 5: SEE MEME ABOVE.

#DoNotImmediatlyAssumeThings

3 Likes

If the Mage has 0 Minions and the Opponent has 7 Wisps, 7 9/9’s, or 7 600/600’s it’s still 50/50.

2 Likes

Assuming both players have the same health*

2 Likes

That’s not what Iksar said! Or what players were complaining about at that time.

Your Mandela effect is really strong on this topic.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say it’s more “unreliable”, rather unpredictable. But if anything, it seems more reliable in actually being favorable for the user. If we forget the rod for a second because it’s so rare, then only the old yogg effect has the power to kinda screw you over when you play it - all other options are almost strictly beneficial to you, with variance regulating only how high can you get the highroll.

TBH in a larger scope Yogg is an interesting “thought experiment”. You play a 10 mana 7/5 with a requirement to charge it up, so you’d expect it’s going to screw over your opponent, more or less. And usually it will, because of statistics, yet every time it will be different.

Ah, yes, my mistake. I somehow thought the probabilities like: 50% to chose a side then probability to choose face over a minion while I should have thought it as equal probabilities for any target making the minions on board an equal buffer for both players.

My bad.

2 Likes

love fact no one able to defend Yogg-Saron because if they do it mean defending RNG that literally choose who wins at random

Nothing more satisfying than blasting yourself with a pyro after a 30min match…
:rofl:

1 Like

This undeniable evidence to show how much lies were told on the posts above.

That depends though. Let’s say the board is empty, and you’ve played exactly 10 spells this game. You have both yoggs in hand and it’s turn 10, both heroes are on 30 health.

If you play og yogg, chances are you will either end up with a board, nothing, or a bit of damage done to each hero, or a combination of those 3. You play new yogg and you can get anything from a vanilla 7/5, to a 50/50 win lose, almost anything in between can happen. On one hand you can simply call that unpredictable, but in a competitive sense it’s stupidly unreliable.

This is why no one likes you lol

Because I pursue factual information on a serious thread?

Do you know that people complaining about RNG since closed beta? That RNG in HS progressively increased over the years even tho people complained and asked to be toned-down, but it increased every single expansion, from card generation to random I play the card and won the game, because that what people want to see on Trolden videos, other people screwed by RNG. Card generation is just the tip of the iceberg of what happened to this game over the years. Maybe it is fun to watch, but damn sure it is not fun to play.

Oh of course, not because you are being a blatant pain in the rear and hyperbolising peoples complaints to a laughable extent, and then later replying to yourself to bump up your point that everyone ignored because of how stupid it was while still managing to add literally nothing constructive to the conversation.

You’re a clown lol.

1 Like

A Quest like minion that has 2.5% chance to win you the game might be a problem. But the decline of extreme RNG little by little is an improvement, even if it’s 1%.

I said the truth, an exaggerated truth some people agree with. I don’t like shortened scenes players make up in a subjective manner. Like if they don’t get packs the quit when what they need is cards.

No, you were being a goose and satirising a legitimate and fair complaint about the level of RNG in HS by dear Schyla, I assume because you can’t get those sweaty blizzard nuts out of your mouth.

Overall while I do disagree that Yogg will be meta dominating or be a net negative for the game, if you are denying a card built around a literal lottery spin goes against what a large portion of the player base have been wanting and what blizzard has been promising, then you are nothing but the living gag the rest of the forum all thinks you are lol.

He said Blizzard lied, when they never promised anything. That’s false. They said card generation, not win generation. If you want to complain, do it in the right way or don’t be serious. That’s a cut scene, they said card generation RNG, he said they promised it all.

Card generation?

You do know one of yogg’s effects literally fills your hand with random 0 cost cards right?

If the expansion is not filled with Discover, non-legendary insane RNG with no control (filling hand with cards you played is 100% in control), it has been reduced in card generation, even if just a little.