Wheel of Yogg-Saron

Blizzard didn’t say that.

What happens is that we forget yesterday’s complaints and Blizzard’s reassurances on yesterday’s complaints and then we get upset when they don’t do anything about today’s complaints.

The complaints of yesterday were about card generation. So they nerfed Discover to not allow them to Discover themselves and promised to tone down generation, not RNG.

Somebody get Mallenroh in here please

5 Likes

I would like to solve the puzzle! :smiley:

1 Like

Now everyone stands a chance against whatever meta comes thru.

Well this yogg card is gonna get nerfed that is evident. Wow just wow.

1 Like

That perfect blend of ludicrous power level (it pretty reliably blows up most the board of an opponent who was in a superior position) combined with looking like a complete lottery. Decks will feel compelled to run it for the power level, so lots and lots of people will get to “enjoy” games suddenly ending based on the outcome of this card.

The longer this game goes on i realize the randomness let’s the devs easily pump these new cards and expansions out without really having to develop real strategy gameplay. Just make sure the stats line up with Hearthstones mana system, slap some random effect and art, boom…new card easy. Can’t playtest random. Maybe that’s why they let the community test their games for them and charge them too!

Yogg-Saron = Mallenroh is not amused

2 Likes

RNG cards are good for the game, as long as they made for meme purposes and the bad results outweigh the good (they shouldn’t be competitive).

This yogg doesn’t seem like he meets these conditions. I hope I’ll be wrong, but Blizz doesn’t seem to understand how RNG should work in this game.

I can’t wait until the carnival of year of the phoenix is over :rofl:

"Step right up, step right up! Are YOU brave enough to ride the RNG 9000?!? Do YOU have what it takes to ride THE ride of your life???

Disclaimer: By law we are to inform all patrons that extreme anger and possible injury to punching walls is imminent.

6 Likes

Clown fiesta meta is here!

1 Like

I don’t get it, card looks fun, but it’s far to inconsistent to ever become meta relevant enough to pose a problem.

It’s just a dumb funny card.

2 Likes

People said that about the old Yogg and Puzzlebox.

Guess what ? Both turned out to be problem cards.

4 Likes

I feel someone in blizzard is going getting fired because of this really seems only people happy about Yogg is Mages and Druids

just sit back and wait for First Major player victory be stolen by 5% 50-50 game of hope you do not get hit by a pyro blast

1 Like

Yes but old yogg at the very least had the consistency of a single effect, so you could sort of plan for him. New yogg on the other hand is waaaaaaaaaaay more unreliable, and that’s saying something since old yoggs effect is literally the definition of unreliable.

2 Likes

This card is 100% going to piss off people losing to its Pyroblasts, but we should take care in evaluating it as this outcome may very well be its worst drawback.

Look at all other outcomes. Board clears, minions with rush, even the random spells, everything indicates that the best position to play that version of Yogg is to swing back the game in your favor when behind on board.
Which means the enemy has probably more minions on his side of the board than the player dropping Yogg. And the card doesn’t specify it casts Pyroblasts on the players, minions are also valid targets. Each minion the enemy has is potentially an extra 10hp buffer.

Meaning, if a player uses Yogg in the position most likely to benefit him, provided both players have a similar amount of HP, when landing on the 5% Pyroblast outcome, Yogg has higher chances of killing the player playing the card. That’s gets worse the more that player is behind on board/hp.

Basically, the card seems to be designed to be played as a Hail Mary, but the worst position you’re in when you try to use it, the higher the odds for it to backfire and straight up finish you up.

Edit: arf, I probably blundered this reflexion, see below.

3 Likes

Employees don’t get fired because customers are “passionate”. They get fired for doing their job, but the CEO wants a bonus for all his hard work.

Players:

We’re really tired of the game deciding who should win and who should lose. We want more skill.

Devs:

We hear you. We promise to do less of this at the end of this year’s expansion.

Players:

Well that sounds good.

End of year expansion arrives

Devs:

We’re releasing a card that literally will determine who wins and who loses.

Players:

Wtf? Could the RNG get any worse???

Devs:

It’ll be attached to a spinning wheel of random.

7 Likes

#ToneDeafness 20 char