We shall call this game

RNG no skill needed… Which is what happens when the stupid game gives my opponent 3 queen Alexstranza’s… Your pathetic algorithm stinks. Please make it to were discover cards can’t discover themselves.

yet again lost a game solely on RNG that gave my opponent the exact cards they needed to win. Tired of this game picking who is going to win regardless of skill…

12 Likes

They should give dragon lackey the priest galarond treatment.

Add a random dragon to your hand instead of discover Alextranza or yesera or some other highroll dragon.

6 Likes

Remember five years ago when Discover was released and actually was just pretty good because it was essentially tracking without having any downside. When I returned for K&C I remember making a reddit post saying how the power level of the game has gotten out of control. I don’t feel like this Rollercoaster is gonna end anytime soon? I will not be playing this game come rotation. I’m giving it one last Hurrah since this meta possibly could be fun considering that certain Galakrond Awakening cards come out every week.

Just looking at hsreplay I didn’t expect Embiggen Druid to get such a boost with just winged guardian. And it also has a slight positive winrate against both Highlander and Standard Galakrond Rogue, as well as Face Hunter and above 60% winrate against Galakrond Warrior which seems to be the most played decks. (I don’t have premium so it might be skewed when the data is at all ranks.)

All I know is that I play Rogue at least 50% of my games at Rank 5 and I only need 840 more dust to craft Embiggen Druid is. So might as well as craft it and try and play it. Considering what Shaman got in this adventure, and the blasted nerfs Galakrond Shaman got–I won’t be able to play my favorite class before I quit.

I absolutely need to quit this game because it brings great negativity to my life. But I also feel (probably idiotically) that I will be missing out on the final chapter of Year of the Dragon–especially with the collection I’ve consistently built over 2 years. Also I feel as though there are better uses of my time. I already don’t have playing Overwatch and I was playing more of that game over the past couple years compared to Hearthstone. I would implore anyone to try to quit gaming as it is a giant waste of time and sucks your neurochemical potential. I fully understand how difficult it can be to try to stop without other habits built up pulling you away from gaming.

Blizzard choices definitely makes it easy to quit. From their business practices to terrible oversight and balance of their games. To just mundane additions that try to grab more of your attention. I’ve played enough of this game, I’ve played enough of Battlegrounds in its beta to not have fun with it anymore. I’ve spent more time on these forums arguing over all of these ideas and still don’t believe it’s my calling.

8 Likes

…It’s a card game.

1 Like

So it can’t bring negativity into my life because it’s a “children’s card game”? Who are you? Seto Kiba?

7 Likes

I too will miss YGOTAS.

1 Like

I stopped playing because of stupid mechanics like poison on a mech that shoots all other minions on the board. That right there proved Blizzard has no clue and that they did not care one tiny bit about balance.

I really hope this game will die, but seeing other game companies are dumber then Blizzard don’t see that happening.

8 Likes

You really have to get over your FOMO because thats exactly what blizz is praying upon now.

2 Likes

Blizzard is really good at implementing limited time promotional content that isn’t accessible at all times. Let’s say Hearthstone is ever updated to a point where people are actually happy with the game. And I am relieved to come back but missed out on free legendaries, hoards of 100g quests, and absent from the game not collecting cards being gone for a long time. I will lose out on a lot. I understand that there is a gambler’s fallacy to this. That I’m valuing playing the game for the sake of continuing to play. When I should just quit outright and do something else with my time.

But that is essentially what an addict cannot achieve. I don’t have other built up habits. When I get home from work all I want to do is just load up Hearthstone with youtube in the background to entertain me.

1 Like

Again?
How many times in the past few months have you stopped now?

Playing Blizzard games for years except SC and hearthstone is the only one that i literally hate.
The are so many games that i’ve left behind but it’s only that neither hate them or like them.

I’m doing only quests and just logout hoping that this thing will get better with time but it’s been so long that i don’t know anymore.

Hearthstone can eat poop for all i care
(First time ever i’m posting here and it’s this kind of a post, imagine that.)

Totally feel you Verditer, the sentiment is shared amongst most of the community as you can see in this forum plus reddit lol.

1 Like

Do what I do… Log in everyday and do ONLY your quests period as most can be done within 10 minutes and then log out and go play something else. This allows me to collect the daily rewards +weekly pack from Tavern and not get frustrated at a game that is stupid as all get out but still the best digital card game on the market.

Trust me after playing 3-4 games to finish up quests I am ready to stop playing for the day anyways.

2 Likes

You mean, post on a forum that you uninstalled the game and dusted your collection, then later post about games you had that day, then again claim you just uninstalled, then post more about recent games, then post about why you uninstalled many months ago already, and then round it of by saying you log i every day?

i did dust my entire collection that was not a lie. I also stopped playing except to do quests and get that free pack. Nothing I stated was a lie, but people like you just can;t get over it and I know it upsets you that I dusted my entire collection just to prove a point.

You like most fanoi’s are really kind of well pathetic but i expect nothing less from Blizzard fanboi’s.

1 Like

I never claimed it’s a lie.
I just pointed out that, based on what you posted here, you not only dusted your collection at least once; you also uninstalled the game multiple times. And then must have kept reinstalling it, because there’s no other way to uninstall the same game multiple times.

You never explained why you keep reinstalling the game, but my guess is that you keep coming back to it after uninstalling because every time you realize that you miss it and still haven’t found anything better. That would also explain why you keep hanging out here.

And let’s please agree that if you stop calling me a Blizzard fanboi, I will not start calling you a Riot shill who gets paid by them to talk trash about the biggest competitor for their new game (and, honestly, does a very bad job at it).

It doesn’t stink. It’s working as intended which is why I will remain F2P until when/if they define how they determine their version of random. There are just too many oddities about the draw and discover aspects of the game for them to all be pure chance. I don’t believe it’s pure random.

1 Like

Why would you bother to invest in a card gamming CO. that has proven to be crooks? Cards already bought and payed for are taken from you. Your time… Your money GONE. Why?

Didn’t Activision A few years ago patent a bunch of algorithms that control their matchmaking somehow to make them more money?

1 Like

That’s either a bug, or you are overlooking something.
Which cards?