We shall call this game

Nothing is taken from you, it moves to wild format.

This is no different from Magic: The Gathering, which has been the most popular CCG in the world since the 90’s. New sets arrive, old sets rotate out of the standard/competitive game and are in a category of their own like Wild.

Your cards are still there unless YOU make the choice to dust them or never play Wild. And if you don’t want to play Wild, that means you only care about being competitive in the current standard game, and just like in M:TG, if that’s all you care about, then your old cards are just that… old and outdated. If you want to be competitive, you have to keep up.

Well, I wonder is this was made known prier to investing in this game, I can answer that. (I have looked through the DL page and EULA) nothing there. So Blizzard scams? Rips off? or just shady dealings… maybe all of the above, Thank God I never invested real money in this money pit of a game. I feel for all those suckers that did.

True story…whoever invested to be competitive in this pile of c rap fest deserves what they get.

Kinda tired of the comparison between MTG and Hearthstone. MTG uses real cards with real value. Hearthstone uses virtual cards with 0 value that Blizzard licences to players.

If HS periodically retires cards to a different format, but standard is the dominant format, then they are taking your cards from you.

1 Like

If you’re never doing anything other than quests then why are you even playing? The quests are there purely to get rewards to get cards to play against people. You’re tilling a field and never planting anything in it, what’s the point?

I’m such a person that mainly plays to complete quests to get more cards. I’m always behind the curve competively. I complete the quest in both game modes. Rarely do I go anywhere beyond rank 20. Why do I bother? Because I treat the game as mental excercise on decision making. What can I do with what I have at a disadvantage. The game have built-in flaws: purposely designed bad cards, RNG, match making system that doesn’t take deck design into account for better game play. The game is an steep uphill fight to actually play competatively against those with more access to Epics and Legendaries. Which often are game breakers, for me.

Except you get the dust for those cards/can dust your copies if you don’t play Wild and make all new cards that fit in Standard. You can’t do that in Magic. I have literally thousands of card sitting around collecting literal dust. I began playing M:TG in 1995. You don’t see me ranting and raving at WoTC because I can’t use my Alliance, Ice Age, or Homelands cards in current tournaments.

Thank you staremaster, just deleted that broken game :smiley:
I’ll keep looking in this forum, maybe they make same important changes.

Hearthstone was nice, but randomstone is anoying…

2 Likes

Yes they did and they use it for hearthstone.