Warlock Discard

Three games tonight where the Warlock discarded TEN of my cards by round 6. Regardless of the Warlock humpers that will try to defend this, it’s straight up cheating. That card needs to be removed or reworked ASAP. Getting rid of 1/3 of someone’s deck it the stupidest thing I have ever seen in this game, and that’s really saying something since this game is pretty all-around awful to begin with.

6 Likes

You can always play something else. Life’s too short to waste it on bad games.

By turn 6… 1/3 of your deck. That’s a new one. The auto discard warlock deck must be fantastic. Wonder why I haven’t seen not one build so far and when I do I will demand nerfs for this OP warlock deck($)… nahhh It must be a dream or something :’’’’’)

1 Like

It’s possible. Turn 4 play The Dark Portal, which reduces Tickatus to 1 mana. Turn 5 play something that corrupts Tickatus (literally anything 2 mana or more) then play Felosophy to duplicate the 1 mana Tickatus. Turn 6, drop both Tickatus to burn 10 cards, repeat at 10 with Y’Shaarj.

It’s a terrible deck that loses most games, but it’s pretty spectacular when it does manage to highroll.

3 Likes

Ahhh did not know that. The op mentioned playing the deck 3 times. Never seen this 1/3 discard at 6.

3 Likes

even if the deck manage to get the absolute high roll, against many decks it wont matter as the warlock is already behind on both board and in life points and doesnt really have any wincon other than the yolo tickatus (aka its a flashy stream deck to keep viewers entertained)

1 Like

Well it’s not cheating if they are using a mechanic that the devs put into the game .

But yes alot of warlock players have yet to figure out how to cheat out corrupted tckatus on turn 6 .

When more do the salt on the forums will be insane . Tickatus still won’t need a nerf though just the card that’s used to pull out tickatus early

And it will still only burn 5 cards , unless your running feloshpy and / or raise dead and HIGH roll like hell

1 Like

9 mana is the right price for this card! NOT 6 :man_facepalming:

and 6 mana card with 8/8 + legendary battlecry :rofl: good joke too… 1/1 it is enough

Dont play Wild and you will be safe at Turn 6.

You can play a corrupted Tickatus (or two!) in Standard on turn 6. Hell, you can even do it turn 5.

So are we supposed to believe that the OP faced this nut draw in a garbage deck nobody plays 3 times last night?

Perhaps the OP is confusing night with month?

1 Like

Yes, hence the post. Don’t really care if you believe it or not, lmao. But, as predicted, here come the Warlocks to pretend it’s okay. LOL ENJOY

I see no reason not to believe them. Pocket metas are weird and people can get unlucky. Plus, “three games,” devoid of context, doesn’t mean much. Could have been the only three games OP played, or three out of twenty.

Besides, the truth of their claim is ultimately irrelevant, because anecdotes don’t magically trump data. Control Warlock is a mediocre deck at best, and the variants running Dark Portal are nowhere near the best. Just because OP got highrolled it doesn’t mean that Tickatus is overpowered, anymore than my 20% winrate with Secret Paladin means that deck is underpowered.

2 Likes

You’d be dead by turn 6 in wild

And how do you do that on turn 6 in standard?

Like I said already in this very thread:

Yea and that happens how often, once every 300 games or so?

How often it happens is a separate issue from whether it can happen or not. All I’m saying is that avoiding Wild does not, in fact, means “you will be safe at Turn 6.”

It will if you play in standard as no one runs a deck like that.

Clearly people do, since OP ran into such a deck. And so did I: https://hsreplay.net/replay/9aj4kETTRp4qhCpCgp4N3o

1 Like