Updating to 15.6.2 and Battlegrounds Performance

Hi all,

We’re in the process of releasing a new update, which is now live on PC and rolling out over the next few hours on mobile operating systems. This update contains a variety of optimizations to improve performance when playing Battlegrounds, especially on devices with fewer than 2GB of RAM. Please note that players on devices with lower memory may still experience degraded performance.

As a note for iOS users, please ensure you have updated to the latest version of iOS to receive the greatest performance increase from these optimizations.

There were some balance changes that we identified based on our initial testing that didn’t quite make it in for release, so we’re making those live with today’s update.

Balance Changes

• Minions
    • Mama Bear
      • Changed from 5/5 giving +5/+5 to 4/4 giving +4/+4
    • Kangor’s Apprentice
      • Changed from 4/8 to 3/6
  • Hero Powers
    • Infinite Toki
      • Temporal Tavern
        • Changed from 1 cost to 2 and now reads “Refresh Bob’s Tavern. Add a minion from a higher Tavern Tier.”
    • King Mukla
      • Bananarama
        • Changed to “Passive Hero Power: Whenever you buy a beast, add a Banana to your hand.”
    • Jaraxxus
      • Bloodfury
        • Hero power changed from 3 cost to 2.

Game Fixes & Improvements

• Squelch now works as intended + no longer causes crashes under certain circumstances
  • Daily Quests can now be rerolled
  • Hallow’s End Arena Daily Quest can now be completed
  • A variety of Android crashes have been fixed
  • Memory optimization for Battlegrounds for devices with less than 2GB of RAM

We’re aiming to make updates fairly regularly – every month or so, or perhaps a little faster. We’ll have more information on future updates over the next few weeks.

While I’m here, I wanted to talk a bit about Battlegrounds and what we’re seeing and feeling since we launched in beta last week.

Overall, we’ve been thrilled by the response players have had to Battlegrounds, and we’ve been closely watching the feedback coming in. We’re continuing to work on a variety of things coming in the future, but I’d like to call out to a few of them. Please note all of this is future-looking – none of this is getting added quite yet.

New Heroes and Minions!

We’ve been cooking up some new heroes and minions, and we’ll be making them live within the game with our next update. We don’t want to say too much right now, but a couple of very familiar faces will be included.

Stats!

We know the amount of gameplay information that informs how players are performing is limited right now, and we are already hard at work on an advanced stats screen that will be available in the next update. We’ll have much more detail soon, but expect things like your top 5 heroes by wins, most played heroes, how many first place finishes you’ve completed, and more.

Leaderboard Updates

We want to give players more useful information about their opponents so they can make more informed gameplay decisions and build more complex strategies. On the left-hand leaderboard we’re going to be adding some addition information on the minion types that your opponents have. For example, you’ll be able to see that one of your opponents currently holds three murlocs and two demons.

The Selling Experience

We want to make some improvements to how minions are sold, allowing minions to be sold from your hand. We think this will make it into the game some time early next year, and we’ll have more updates on how that is progressing, especially if we think it will come later than January.

Open Beta begins tomorrow, Tuesday, Nov. 12th @ 10am PT! We hope to see you all in the Tavern!

5 Likes

this might sound harsh but this is just not good enough considering a game such as tower defense there needs to be constant balancing to create replayability content and a sort of “fresh” feeling in the game…

What about standard updates? considering that the meta right now is shamanstone because the event players will be stuck with this until DoD expansion rolls out?

Also, there needs to be new cards… new synergies… right now we have mechs and beasts only … I hope you have more information for us soon.

I’m a bit worried that a new game such as tower defense in hearthstone takes too much resources balancing while the team sometimes forget about standard when players requests for nerfs and buffs more often in a expansion cycle rather than every 1 or 2 months.

2 Likes

nice try but still a trash mode just like everything else activision touches anymore.

1 Like

Nice, selling minions from hand, that was the number one change I wanted. Pay no attention to Xombie here, he’s an attention seeking troll. Thanks for the update!

9 Likes

Still broken. Please fix.

1 Like

Getting a “failed to get update, please check your network connection.” Error on my Kindle Fire. Got the update from Amazon, but can’t get to the servers. I am pretty sure my local connection is fine, since I am writing this from the same device.

Is it me or are turns shorter playing on mobile than pc?

2 Likes

‪Wtf guys… Almost 1 month and don’t fixe the mobile problem? The hex still crashing the game in this new update, and is impossible back to game until the match end.

Does this update fix the bug with golden cards in people’s decks and people needing to “replace cards” when they don’t need to? I don’t see it in the patch notes but maybe it has been addressed

2 Likes

Looks like Mukla joins tier one. Sweet! Really happy with the changes.

And overkill??? Is fixed on this patch???

1 Like

Hey guys! WE need a murloc that can feed upon killed one or add any other murloc that could help us out. So far Toxicfin is a good support, with too low stats to assist. Murlocs can fight, but way too low damage upon the win. :frowning:

When is Battlegrounds UK release time?

how many ‘mb’ or ‘gb’ this patch?

Android still lags and crashes :confused:

Overkill was fixed already, some time round the middle of last week:

why lie about something anyone can check just by playing the game?

1 Like

Because some edgy reasons I assume? You can take him off the edge but can’t take the edge off him.

His name speaks for himself, come on.

Hello.
I started playing New mode today. As a new player i have some issues.

First of all the turn timer. Its very inconsistent. Sometimes its only 9 seconds so a triplet buying and its animation takes it. Not Just once happened. You must change it for example each round should be some longer until it reaches a peak. Always should be that. When someone says im ready he/she pushes a ‘ready’ button. If not reacting (for example due to disconnect) the whole timer runs down.

Animations should be an option only. I dont like waiting for them to happen and waste time with watching them and then watch my battle losing. (timer fixing would probably address this problem)
If you don’t want to solve this maybe add a starter mode with diffrerent timing.

It started to feel like its good but its not ready. I don’t like to get mad about a game. Im okay when i lose because a bad decision but absolutely not when its because the app doesnt work properly.
I had to rage quit the game because this timer stuff. It was so annoying i have decided not to play again until this is addressed. I will read patch notes and stuff. Im hopeful.

I think it is a latency issue or the server connection? but it definitely seems shorter on mobile