Upcoming Reckless Experimenter Card Change

After the announcement of the Rise of the Mech update, we became aware of an interaction between SN1P-SN4P and Reckless Experimenter that allows for an early-game infinite damage combo in Priest. As a result of this, we’ve opted to make a change to Reckless Experimenter to go along with the 14.4 patch (scheduled to release June 3) so this combo is no longer possible. We’re also aware of some interactions that SN1P-SN4P creates in Wild when played alongside multiple copies of Mechwarper. We’ll be keeping a close eye on how that plays out over the following weeks.

Reckless Experimenter – Now reads: Deathrattle minions you play cost (3) less, but die at end of turn. (Cost can’t be reduced below 1.)

Once the change to Reckless Experimenter is live, players will be able to disenchant it for its full Arcane Dust value for two weeks.

17 Likes

Well played, guys. This was going to be obnoxious.

14 Likes

I would’ve prefered something along the lines of “(except Echo minions)” as this overdoes it, but it’s certainly way better than no change at all.

4 Likes

I guess this also puts an end to Priest’s Mecha’Thun combo in Wild. Farewell, hilarious meme deck.

EDIT: I’m dumb :smile:

2 Likes

So does that mean Rekless experimenter and mechwarper = free snip snapps?

How? The combo doesn’t need any 0 cost deathrattles no?

1 Like

Good call.

It’ll still be powerful in Wild with Mechwarpers, but getting three Mechwarpers on the board at one time is much less likely than one Experimenter.

Snip snap might still be a powerful card going forwards, but limiting the ability to go infinite is a wise precaution.

2 Likes

On one hand, I’m upset that a card that saw no play got nerfed, on the other hand… It saw no play.

14 Likes

I am glad this was address before being released.

2 Likes

sn1p sn4p is just hilariously overpowered, it doesn’t need any combos. It’s a shame that the card wasn’t made into something sensible instead of ruining an old wild deck (mechathun priest).

Honestly why does this new card even need the deathrattle? A 2-3 echo magnetic for 3 mana would be played anyway, without the deathrattle. Obscene.

2 Likes

Thank you very much, I wasn’t looking forward to any turn 4 otk business

Wasn’t the combo double Reckless, making Coffin Crasher and double Ticking Abomination both 0 costs?

Reckless 5
Coffin 3
Abom 1+1

2 Likes

The dream is dead guys :sob:

Clearly I left my math at home today… Thanks haha

1 Like

Called it. Exact change I said.

I want my cookie.

9 Likes

Hands Schyla an oatmeal cookie

Nice prediction though lol.