UP - BG Endless Queue + Quit + Reopen = Suddenly Mid-Game Tu

As-described.

Twice a day or more, in a Battlegrounds lobbies I queue up for, the spinning queue screen stays on-screen endlessly, minutes after the cancel button has been disabled. The “time in queue” continues to increase to 5 and even 10 minutes until I manually quit Hearthstone.

I then reopen the game and I got a free loss (8th rank with no board) or it loads straight into a Battlegrounds lobby on turn 5 or 6 in which I never got to choose my hero and my health is already at 26 or something. So in other words, I was put into a match on the server-side but on the client-side I couldn’t see it without a restart.

Don’t spend several minutes waiting. If you see the queue time go up like this, close out and restart. It is a shame that there isn’t some indication that you’ve been disconnected like this, but you should assume you’ve been disconnected if you’re in a queue longer than a minute.

Just one minute in order to see queue is blocked + one minute restarting the game is enough to miss your hero selection and your first turn. You can’t win a game at high MMR with these disadvantages

1 Like

I have a similar problem. It randomly “disconnects” ALWAYS in the middle of my turn. It ALWAYS reconnects when the next turn is beginning. If that means 20 seconds away or 80 seconds, it always reconnects right in time to see that I missed out on spending my gold for the previous turn. Is this a programming thing to counter the old pirate builds that were logging out then back in to give a longer turn? Seems unfair when it’s just a random disconnect. Makes me not want to play when the games are 20 minute investments.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.