Uncraftable cards on reward track

Does anyone actually want this crap?

I feel like these uncraftable golden cards are a giant middle finger in the reward track. They are literally dead cards in my collection. I am sure some of you are collectors who want all the things and love golden cards.

I actually think they are dumb and shouldn’t exist in the game. First, they are a dust sink in an already poor dust economy. Second, they function exactly the same as their non-golden equivalent, meaning they could have just given us better art to start with instead of hiding it behind increased costs.

But it just sucks to get 2k experience and your reward is something of absolutely no use. Can’t dust it and it doesn’t improve your collection for the most part. Bad design. Would not recommend.

11 Likes

That’s your opinion, I always want to have as much golden cards as possible in my decks because they look much blingier than regular ones.

3 Likes

I don’t craft golden cards but I like having them. The free ones let you dust the basic ones so it’s not a complete waste.

7 Likes

Why? They’re just padding to help split level rewards from the old track that couldn’t be easily split. You’re still getting the same amount of gold as before, and an extra pack/Tavern ticket.

Also, free golden cards means you can dust all your regular copies, which is great if/when the cards get nerfed (like Mor’shan Watch Post).

6 Likes

Compared to the previous track, they’re completely additional, so it’s fine they can’t be disenchanted considering the previous reward track (after it was changed) was slightly better than the previous system in the first place.

The only problem is that they’re also uncraftable (the word you used, but going by your post’s context it sounds like your problem is they’re disenchantable). Taking away game features to put them in the reward track is a bad thing that should definitely be discontinued. Just have a reward track version that cannot be disenchanted, and a regular crafted version that can be disenchanted.

2 Likes

Yea they are annoying, and clog up the card tabs, but I’m more annoyed by the old packs instead of current ones as rewards!

2 Likes

I don’t mind that as much. It’s a chance to catch up the legendary/epic cards from standards and at worst it’s a small amount of dust.

I don’t like golden cards in general, but giving useless cards as rewards is junk.

1 Like

The scorpion is a decent card. A few of the others are at least fun cards, and some help with the XP achievements. I kinda wish you could lock in a class at the start to get some class cards instead of all neutrals, or they could let you choose at the level like with the level 100 hero portraits.

1 Like

My next reward is the second golden elemental that I will never, ever use and can’t DE. I’d rather they give me 45 dust with a chance at something I want (aka year of the phoenix card pack) than this golden crap.

Again, I HATE golden cards and diamond cards are even worse. They exist only to take resources from people and push others to spend.

It could be worse.
I have already one normal copy of it, so when I’ll get the second golden copy I would have an useless normal copy that could have been another random epic.

1 Like

They literally changed reward track to have more in it than last because people like you complained, and you are still complaining. I’m afraid you’re just going to have to get over your psychology.

2 Likes

I agree these particular reward nodes are inferior to gold/pack rewards. However Blizz did add more overall rewards to the track so this isn’t an issue for me imho.

1 Like

whats so bad about getting 2 of an epic i dont have to spend my dust on

i liked primordial protector

I actually was fine with the last reward track and said so.

Oh, wait, I thought I could just make fifty threads about it and tell everyone how teh brokenz teh gamez ez and it would magically be better… that’s what pretty much everyone else here does.

I hear you. Just allow us to DE them already.

Fair. And it’s great that you got it! It’s not great that I can’t de mine to make something that would actually be useful to me.

I have two regulars from packs, but I would prefer to DE the golden ones for obvious reasons.

2 Likes

If you didn’t get any “real” Primordial Protectors, then the golden ones are actually better, because now you can’t get them from packs.

3 Likes

I mean, still true of those who didn’t get two regular ones. The “you” in my statement is not just you you, also a general “you player.”

1 Like

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood.

Yes, if one already has one or more of those, then the golden would allow one to get other cards from packs.

1 Like

No worries. I could’ve been clearer.

1 Like

I think you just made the middle finger lose the meaning it once had.

It used to be Yellow Jacket Sting level.

Now it’s nerfed to a Ladybug Sting level.

1 Like

i wouldn’t care if i got no dust at all. i just want to get rid of them. they’re ugly and when you auto fill a deck they put them in instead of the normal cards.

i get it if you’re a teenager and you don’t have a job. the whole dust/exp/packs per hour thing is important. but i’m a grown up with my own stable income. i couldn’t care less about those things. dust from a few ugly cards isn’t even on my radar.

1 Like