Twinspell mage full board of 8 cost minions turn 4?

'cept Mountain Giant is not balanced and not because of Conjurer’s Call but because of what the game has become:

originally no class had the ability of generating so much hand presence or resources, making Mountain Giant essentially viable to cheat out early on in builds like Handlock which had almost no early game and no early game plays but solely relied on increasing their hand size. Not only that, Lifesteal was not a thing; so taking damage while avoiding the early game tempo would essentially put you in a bad spot, unless you also played it with the pre-nerf Molten Giant in Handlock builds.

Now, alot of classes can be given an insane amount of resources without losing too much tempo, thus being able to play an 8/8 for as low as 3-4 Mana with relative ease. I dare it not compare it to Azure Drake but Hearthstone has just turned into an environment way too abusable for Mountain Giant and devs should have caught on this by now.

Azure drake is an understated card for the cost. The reason azure drake fit into so many decks is because it was like Zilliax. Not Overpowered, but just very efficient. Cycle and spell power with a 4/4 body for 5 is just good value. It is incorrect of you to compare Azure Drake to giants.

Which if you read better, I didn’t.

You insinuated it though. otherwise why even mention Azure Drake at all?

For mentioning something else that got HoF’d, with given reasons;

Azure was another “classic” that was HoF’ed not because of a specific card getting released, breaking it.

If cyclone mage needs a change, change grave horrors mana cost so that the aggro matchup is even worse and it’s more vulnerable to super collider.

2 Likes

I still stand firm in the opinion that Azure Drake didn’t deserve to get HoFed. It was a good card, but problematic? Please. I am firmly against HoFing anymore cards. Period.

God forbid more than one class be able to properly leverage a neutral card, right?

If all classes have access to Mountain Giant or equally powerful plays, I’d say balance is stoll maintained, just at a higher threshold than before. It’s okay for curving out vanilla minions to not always be the top strategy.

Azura Drake was HoF’d because it was becoming an auto-unclude due to having premium stats and draw attached to it.

1 Like

Yeah, no. Agro doesnt need any help.

Then don’t even have a HoF at this point;

Bring back Ragnaros, Sylvanas, Azure Drake and Coldlight Oracle. Ignore HoF altogether.

God forbid that they balance Conjurer’s Calling.

That has nothing to do with what I said.

They hall of famed those cards because they were auto-includes that would NEVER go away.

Mountain Giant is not an auto-include.

I’ll put that salt on my popcorn, thank you.

3 Likes

This is what I want to see, seconded only by adjustments to the win gold rewards to make it less grindy.

6 mana on turn 4 ? how are they doing that ?

Sylvanas was not an auto include; it was “supposedly premptively” HoF’ed because of the DR support in upcoming releases.

It was outclassed by Aya throughout that time.

Again, ignore HoF; it serves no purpose since all classes can enjoy a strong neutral.

I’m done here. We can argue this whole day; keep your 4 Manas 8/8 and let’s wait on more Conjurer’s Calling-like stuff/scenarios or means to abuse an average of “4 Mana cheat play”.

Will do! :grin:

Well, it’s relatively simple.

First, you fill your hand to maximum with a Mana Cyclone turn (and/or Book of Specters/Banana Buffoon/Arcane Intellect). Then, on turn 4, you play Elemental Evocation into Mountain Giant (which means the Giant only costs 1 mana when played). Then, you play Conjurer’s calling on it. And now you have two Mountain Giants on turn 4.

Quote of the day

All good players draw response to Giant the moment he is played.

Now seriously…

The problem its the mana cyclone that fuels the deck and not the giant or Conjurer’s Calling.
Just think about it and you all will see it.

Look Luke. Heres the deal. I doubt Blizzard will ever un retire HoFed cards back into standard (even though I would like to see a rotating basic set with a partially rotating expert set). The way things currently are, Hofing cards from the basic and expert sets is incredibly damaging to the game.

Suppose you are a new player. How are you supposed to get started if all of the good class cards are gone? How are people supposed to heaven forbid, take a break from the game, come back and play if they have no good class or expert cards to fall back on (because all their other cards rotated). These are serious issues.

but at 10 cards hand mountain giant costs 3

you play elemental evocation which makes it cost 2 because gian increased its cost to 4

2 Likes