This -will- be nerfed. (Hollow Hound)

That and being about to cheat it out so many times and with multiples.

Yes.

Apparently to you “board centric” means that we’re not allowed to remove your minions. Heck, it’s removal that cares about which minions are next to which but that’s not “board centric” because all you care about is dropping the opponent’s life total (which is NOT board, btw) to zero.

Garbage take for literally any card.

1 Like

Hey man how about you talk to the hand.

You will defend Blizzard in any scenario blindly.
Your whole personality is arguing on Blizzard’s behalf.

This … is your whole life.

This has nothing to do with them. They’re wrong and you’re wrong too.

I’m wrong how?
Will you explain this time or just never answer like last time?

Hound is an extremely board centric card because it’s a minion and it has cleave. It might unironically be the most board centric card ever.

“Board centric” is not a synonym for “aggro.” It means minions trading with minions and position mattering.

1 Like

Just put them on ignore. I did. The board is much nicer.

It won’t matter what you say or do, their brain won’t allow them to let new information in and they have convinced themselves that they are the supreme expert on everything.

2 Likes

Yes. Live in the dark. Sweep your doubts under the rug.

1 Like

On that same note, Neon, thank you for your insights so far. It’s been very informative.

Except that hound hunter’s worst matchups all aggressively push the board, and don’t really do much winning from hand at all. They just crush the hunter before the hunter can do anything threatening.

It only does Reno-like things if you let them drop one on like, turn 8+ after a hope of Quel’thalas, or a Lor’themar.

By the time hunters get to use it against totem shaman, pure paladin, enrage warrior, unholy DK, sometimes miracle rogue… It’s often not enough to matter.

It also doesn’t do much against “big” decks that cheat out giant minions fast enough like Chad druid did before nerfs.

And, while I can’t see the high rank HSR stats on it, the card is probably one of the lowest win rate cards in the deck like it is in lower ranks.

This is all funny because hound will be nerfed. Listening to everyone here try and downplay it and bootlick the top 1k legend pocket world is hilarious.

1 Like

Well, it’s fairly often the meta I’m playing in, so it’s more my experience that the card isn’t a huge deal and isn’t particularly meta warping, rather than just pointing to data i’m disconnected from.

Hollow hound isn’t closing out games, that’s often companions and Stranglethorn heart creating crazy charge damage.

Hunter doesn’t have an overabundance of control tools like priest does. It’s not impossible to push through them.

It does have one of the best inevitabilities in the game right now though.

Blizz was pushing late game hunter cards for a while without any way to get there. Now they can, and it’s highlighting the cards that are over the top in power once the game runs later.

The cards that give hunter the option to go late aren’t the problem (making those unplayable would just go back to a world where hunter has a bunch of unplayable late game cards). It’s what they do when they get there.

If you broke the companions + Krush combination, it’d heavily weaken it’s matchup spread vs control decks, which would quickly make hunter nowhere near tier 1.

You are not top 1k so stop. If you were you wouldn’t be here in this forum telling people how good you are.

Eh, my highest push was top 100. I usually play tier 3 ish decks (I highly dislike mirrors), so am typically at around 2k legend, which usually has a similar meta breakdown as the top 1k.

I’m pretty far removed from the diamond and low legend metas for the most part. If I don’t get the 11 star bonus in a month, the D5-L push is waaay easier of a stretch than the star bonus MMR based games I had before then.

It’s just a mistake to assume that everyone on here is bad at the game and are talking about metas they have no experience with.

My complaint about you earlier was you don’t care if it isn’t a problem for you, and this right here is a plain admission that you are the only thing that matters to you. It literally proves exactly my assertion - that you haven’t a clue what the meta is like for everyone who isn’t you.

This card should and will be nerfed.

1 Like

I like to be evidence based. The evidence from the previous Data Reaper report could have supported either a nerf or a no-nerf position towards Hound Hunter. The evidence from the current report, #268 — evidence that was being collected while I was actively making claims on this thread — points unambiguously to the overpoweredness of the deck. Looks like I was wrong, ready the nerf nuke silos.

It really bothers me that me and Neon aren’t talking about the same “it,” but yes, it kinda does.

It still drops off a bit, but yeah, it’s a top 3 now that druid got nerfed which gave it a bit of a win rate boost overall up there.

It’ll drop back down if people played more enrage warrior (which is looking like the actual best deck).

That said, if hunter were to take nerfs, hound would still be the wrong target, as hunter did need access to strong cards to actually make use of its new big beast package.

It just has a scam win in there through doubled/quadrupled (or more) Krush that’s weirdly being given a pass because players have gotten used to stupid game ending plays and instead blame the cards that help those cards get played.

So they’d rather make late game hunters borderline unplayable rather than deleting the one late game play that’s carrying the deck to power levels that aren’t ok.

I would like to point out, especially with the hunter reveal today, that “Always A Bigger Jormunger” (Give a Minion +2 Attack and “Excess Damage Dealt By Attacks Hits The Enemy Hero”) would now make this contested card severely over powered because it then punishes FACE on top of its initial cleave.

And the face damage would also heal.

5 Likes

Yeah, that interaction is about to get a ton of hate for sure.

2 Likes

Actually here’s what I’d like to see for Hunter

Spirit Poacher: from Battlecry to Deathrattle. (Nerf tap.)
Wild Spirits: from 3 Cost to 4. (Primary nerf)
Stranglethorn Heart: from 8 Cost to 9. (Just to prevent Hero Power same turn.)

Wildseeds were released deliberately overpowered. I still remember YouTuber Trump’s reaction, I was in agreement then and still am now.