This anomaly crap has no place in standard

The effects are fine but what they do to the balance of the game is the issue. One class can benefit hugely from the power granted to ‘both of you’

You can’t play around that, if someone says ‘oh you can play those cards for less’ and you say ‘I don’t use those cards’ you effectively get nothing. If someone else’s deck is built around those cards….turns out they gain a huge amount of value for something you gain nothing from.

Also it’s Standard……the mode where you know what to expect, learn to counter or adjust the way you play the deck to deal with poor matchups.

If you go against a poor matchup + they get rewarded by the anomaly stuff….you are straight up losing that game. It might be fun but losing your rank up game for it isn’t fun and nobody wants this crap for a week.

You realize the way responded is focusing so much on what an anomaly is going to do to lose you the game rather than the the times where it doesn’t matter or might give you an edge against a deck that would normally counter you.

like I said, the main problem is the overall balance the game has now where too many decks seem reliant on a huge payoff card/set of cards.

most people are going to straight up ignore how an anomaly got them through a match and likely chalk it up to being their skill but focus on those times when they lost and come to complain.

Its only the second day.

1 Like

I love them. I welcome more RNG and less solitare decks. Predictability and knowing before turn 4 if you lost is so stupid.

The game needed something new to shake things up without people begging for nerfs to change the stale meta. The timing could have been better though.

You would kind of have to be if you have over 12k posts on a forum.

1 Like

I remember the days when the most insane thing that could happen is pyroblasting your own face by playing yogg. Even that was stupid, but at least it was a 1:1000 event.

2 Likes

I think it’s also a matter of people just wanting the normal Hearthstone experience, which they won’t be able to have until the next expansion rolls out. If they relegated this new mechanic to the Twist format nobody would be complaining right now, but instead, they made it a forced opt-in for all modes, which means if you hate the new anomalies or how they affect the game, you’re straight out of luck. I also believe that you’re right in that a lot of people are just straight-up tired of how unbalanced and RNG-dependent the game has become, making the inclusion of even more ridiculous RNG feel like a collective slap in the face to the community.

3 Likes

Who is “we”? Account sharing again?

This.

Just like the company is going to adapt to even more lost revenue.

Naturally.

This many issues second day in says a lot.

And all the people posting this say way more about the current state of the game, the devs, and this company then they realize.

At least people could opt out, and not everyone was running it.

RNGstone is only going to get worse.

1 Like

I concur, but it’s not a “serious” competitive game anymore, just a slot machine. At least Blizzard is (somewhat unknowingly) acknowledging that, instead of pretending to be fair and balanced.

I think most of us are just waiting for this week to pass so this kinda goes away. However,some people are still going to play with the 6/7 life steal card and we will with great regret, countinue in the agony of hoping the chosen anomaly doesn’t be one that you want to “rage quit”(Has anyone else done that?) It’s the play a card and put it back in the deck for me.All after returning to hearthstone after more than a year hiatus.

Won’t be gone until next xpac, see the patch notes.

1 Like

Even when the anomalies go away the crappy game underneath will still remain.

1 Like

And where rng and variance have aslo just been increasing more and more

And druid who has a hero power focsused deck.

2 Likes

Say that again, except this time to a mirror.

No anomaly has yet cost me a game. You’re HEAVILY exaggerating.

Cora … is that you? 20 chars

1 Like

If I repeat it three times will kotick appear?

The one thing you will see in common in every defense of a company post: ME, I, how much fun INDIVIDUALLY they are having without regard for how others are feeling, a lot of how it impacts them, etc. No consideration of others or the playerbase as a whole.

lol

Except you’re doing the same thing. It’s about how much fun YOU aren’t having. You don’t speak for everyone. I told you to look into a mirror, and you still made the same mistake again.

Anomalies are generally not powerful enough to swing a game. Some might be, if your deck has a particular weakness to that anomaly, like the switching hero power one. But there are 20 anomalies, so you’ve got a 5% chance. Your odds of going against a deck that completely counters you are higher than that.

Next time, focus less on your own experience and fun and try not to overreact to small, temporary changes.

1 Like

It isn’t the same because it was a change to status quo.

There was an implied understanding of how the game was to work in ranked ladders that blizzard unilaterally changed for everyone, which is their perogative, but we also have the right to vocally let them know of our collective displeasure with their changes.

These anomalies don’t belong in standard at all. There’s no defense of them in standard ladder. It’s literally a different game with them in standard, which is why there is so much push back.

3 Likes

Lucky you, meanwhile my mulligan gave me my end curve making me unable to prevent selfmilling with save mana = draw card, so that did cost me the game.

Plenty of druids rage wuits after i keep pushing primordial waves and storms into my deck.

Anomalys ruins many games, you have been lucky

4 Likes