They're going to nerf Brann & Saddle Up

1 Day in

Go look at Top1K HSReplay for the day and D0nkey.

We can wait a week or so, we’re only a day in. Let the meta settle.

But damn, so far it looks like I’m right. Again.

Tier 2.

And Brann Warrior is disappearing.

It almost looks as if Brann Warrior was…gasp holding back longer deck strategies.

I told you that you had a bias here because you were playing a deck that farms Brann. If you just took me up on my offer and tried Reno Shaman like I said it would have been clear to you what the issue was.

Eh. Top Legend seems to be playing out as I predicted with Handbuff Pally on top. D4-1 though, yeah, Reno Shaman seems to be doing well. The situation continues to develop.

I don’t think it’s a bias in the deck I play, but there might have been some bias regarding rank. I’ve been pretty emersed in the T1KL meta recently. Oh God I’m turning into Altair help

1 Like

It’s ok, I forgive you because you did so well. Did you get to rank 43 as your best? I know you were in that area.

The highest I remember clearly was 68, I think I might have been higher but if I was I don’t know for sure.

If you clearly remember me higher that’d be awesome :smile:

1 Like

I remember playing BGs and WorriedCheez goes “Look at Scr0tie’s rank” and I saw 60 something. Then you won that game and were at 43 I think. That’s the highest I saw.

1 Like

Alright I’m claiming top 50 Legend

followed by every female in my life starting drama

followed by bombing down to like 500ish on mega tilt

2 Likes

According to HSReplay, Warrior win rate is now 46%, while Paladin’s is 57% and Hunter’s is 53.2%.

I think the mana cost increase on Brann does the job. Brann Warrior popularity will be dropping fast and hard.

However, Saddle Up seems to be not affected much.

HSR data has several issues.

1. It’s tracker side only. So if a player with the tracker wins with Hunter it counts, but if the opponent of a player with the tracker loses with Hunter it doesn’t count.
  2. Unless you pay them (for data that you can get for free from hsguru), their decklist data is limited to Bronze through Gold, with Platinum and up being behind a paywall. And the winrate advantage that the average tracker player has over the average non-tracker player at Bronze through Gold is absolutely massive.
  3. You’re not even looking at decklist data, you’re looking at their crappy front page class winrate chart, which on the bright side includes all ranks, but that does still include Bronze through Gold, but it also includes every Hunter deck that isn’t Token Hunter.

Token Hunter is actually somewhere around 50.4% winrate at Diamond 4-1, after normalizing for the tracker-side advantage (the raw winrate on hsguru is 54.1%, hsguru is also tracker side only, the average winrate of all D4-1 decks is 53.7%, so that’s +0.4%).

Looking at HSReplay data misleads large numbers of Hearthstone players, because HSR commands a trust that isn’t deserved. Please don’t look at their bogus numbers ever again and above all don’t give them a cent. And never look at a class winrate chart regardless of who makes it.

I recommend hsguru (some of the same data issues as HSR but at least no paywalls), and Vicious Syndicate (who is NOT tracker side only, but their good reports are weekly).

Well, I guess I should wait for VS report then. However, I believe the tendency would be somewhat going the same way.

My Reno DH deck has been HUGELY enjoying the lack of Brann warrior and loving the shift toward handbuff pal.

That matchup isn’t nearly as impossible for me to win the way that warrior was. 15 damage charge 1 drops are annoying, but at least there’s no inevitable “lose 18 cards that you would have put in to deal with this”

2 Likes

Here’s the thing: Unlike for example say Shudderblock whereby yeah it triples a battlecry and miniaturizes But it also restricts the targeting of heroes AND it triples the Next card, same with a lot of other, similar legendaries. But contrary to that, Odyn and now Deepcrapper Brann and such make every card like the Boomboss absolutely cancerous . So why not rebalance by making Brann something like: “the next 3 minions have a double battlecry” rather than the entire game, so at least they have to plan it out somewhat rather than it being continuous for the entire game for everything??

1 Like

I am also enjoying this new meta. I modified a DK control deck that just pumps up your life pool while continually applying Foam to face. Turns out 5+ damage constantly a turn is pretty good while manipulating the board and your health total.

1 Like

You guys gotta give me a list. Is it a Control DH build?

I’m loving the heck out of my new Reno Shaman combo deck I have going on (not the wish version but a completely different route that is doing really well)

I’d also like to add that tons of other Highlander decks are emerging now and becoming playable.

Reno Shaman
Reno Priest
Reno Hunter
Reno Paladin (currently one of the best decks at top legend right now if you can believe it)

And Brann Warrior is no longer the oppressive beast to late game decks. Highlander Priest and Highlander Hunter are now FAVORED against it.

The nerf to Brann Warrior literally opened up the meta wide.

1 Like

This is what I’ve been currently working on (mixed success, but it’s playable)

highlander dh

Class: Demon Hunter

Format: Standard

Year of the Pegasus

1x (1) Burning Heart

1x (1) Illidari Studies

1x (1) Sock Puppet Slitherspear

1x (2) Dirty Rat

1x (2) Flint Firearm

1x (2) Gold Panner

1x (2) Immolation Aura

1x (2) Parched Desperado

1x (2) Spirit of the Team

1x (2) Wandmaker

1x (2) Watcher of the Sun

1x (3) Cyclopian Crusher

1x (3) Return Policy

1x (3) Rustrot Viper

1x (4) Ball Hog

1x (4) Ci’Cigi

1x (4) E.T.C., Band Manager

1x (3) Rustrot Viper

1x (4) Ball Hog

1x (8) Illidari Inquisitor

1x (4) Fan the Hammer

1x (4) Fel Fissure

1x (4) Going Down Swinging

1x (4) Ignis, the Eternal Flame

1x (4) Umpire’s Grasp

1x (5) Gunslinger Kurtrus

1x (5) Window Shopper

1x (7) Argus, the Emerald Star

1x (8) Illidari Inquisitor

1x (8) Magtheridon, Unreleased

1x (0) Zilliax Deluxe 3000

1x (3) Virus Module

1x (5) Perfect Module

1x (9) Reno, Lone Ranger

1x (9) Yogg-Saron, Unleashed

AAECAea5Ax6AhQT3wwX9xAWt7QW/7QXh+AXj+AWogAbYgQbcggaKkAaNkAaplQbkmAbOnAbNngbRngbpngbsngbtnwbHpAaBpgavqAa+sAa/sAbJsAbMsQaquAbXuAbv5gYAAAEGgIUE/cQFzZ4G/cQFv7AG/cQF9LMGx6QG97MGx6QG6N4Gx6QGAAA=

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

This deck doesn’t have a “win condition” card or combo that is always there that wins you the game just by the virtue of reaching the late game. You have to use your cards well, plan ahead, and find damage where you can.

It does have some massive burst setups in OTK ranges, but those require notable setup and some luck. Ignis windfury weapons work amazingly with hero attack buffs as well as Illidari inquisitors. If you ever get a 10 cost windfury weapon to stick with an Inquisitor in hand, you are threatening 28 damage minimum the following turn.

Ci’Cigi also can provide the pathway to an OTK if she provides a warglaives due to its interaction with going down swinging. If you have the weapon equipped and use GDS, each weapon charge used on a minion gives your hero one more swing for the turn, allowing you to hit face 5x with whatever attack boosts you had.

Return policy is a new card I’m playing with. Sometimes it is extra healing from ball hogs (the free trigger of the DR does benefit from the lifesteal keyword), sometimes it’s 6 more Ci’Cigi cards. Sometimes it’s drawing the demons if you need them via umpire’s grasp. As a bonus, deathrattle Ignis weapons can be recovered if you want to bait a dirty rat.

Playing for tempo is better than being passive.

It’s a fun deck, but it isn’t tier 1. When piloted well, I can see it at tier 2ish

This is the DK i am playing. The Zilliax change stops fatigue but more importantly it dumps on big minion decks. Not that DK cannot handle those anyway. Health isn’t an issue so the expensive Zilliax went bye bye. Keep the board in check early or take it if they let you. Get a god 9+ corpses built up and drop the weapon. Start doing damage while trading off for more corpses and keeping control until they are finished off. If the game goes long you have infinite Zilliax and infinite undead from the horseman to finish games. You can basically at that point build CNE as big as you want. Most games i can drop the CNE on curve at 10 and finish games because the weapon has hit for so much and fueled the CNE good enough.

Corpse bride isn’t nearly as efficient at spending corpse for damage trade nearly as well as the Foam is. It’s not even a contest which one is better IMO. Banshee is a better choice as you can do much more with it and it’s more healing. I was running two but decided a hound in place of one is better in the current meta.

2x (1) Miracle Salesman
2x (2) Hematurge
1x (2) Instrument Tech
2x (2) Mining Casualties
1x (2) Threads of Despair
2x (3) Acolyte of Death
2x (3) Crop Rotation
2x (3) Rainbow Seamstress
------ 1x (2) Threads of Despair
------ 1x (3) Rustrot Viper
-------1x (5) Foamrender
1x (4) Helya
1x (4) Maw and Paw
1x (4) Quartzite Crusher
2x (4) Sickly Grimewalker
---- 1x (1) Recursive Module
---- 1x (3) Virus Module
2x (5) Army of the Dead
1x (5) Foamrender
1x (5) Screaming Banshee
1x (6) Hollow Hound
1x (6) The Headless Horseman
1x (8) The Primus
1x (10) Climactic Necrotic Explosion
1x (20) Reska, the Pit Boss

AAECAdDJBg7xwgX9xAW4xQWP5AX8+QWT+wXt/wWLkgb/lwbHpAbLsAa7sQa9sQaouAYIkOQEhY4Gl5UGkZcGkqAGubEG1uUG2OUGAAEGzZ4G/cQFu7EG/cQF8LMGx6QG9LMGx6QGqLgG/cQF6t4Gx6QGAAA=

1 Like

I’m playing that same Zilliax in my shaman list.

It’s highly underrated.

Only problem I have is the badlands jailer that pain lock runs.

Yeah, i had that played against me a couple times on curve and it was painful but not a huge deal. That bridged me to 6 fairly easy. By that point i can handle pretty much any board they are building.

I’m guessing highlander shaman so your mulligan against them is zilliax, Hex, Gift and/or finley? I know everyone is dumping on the Hopper but i think it has a place in the meta as a counter to big minions as well. the overload is negligible to clear big minions IMO.

I don’t run an excavate package. My deck is more centered around maximizing shudder. I use ogre gang 3/5 cost minion with pud. The battle cry on that triple is a game changer.

No star wishing or hagatha stuff.

1 Like

I had this played against me once and i was caught off guard the first time. Thankfully i had a clear. It’s a clever use of the Shudder effect for sure. I think the Hagatha setup is bait anyway. It’s too draw dependent early to make any difference.

Would love to see the build you are suing.

1 Like

Here’s my current list. WorriedCheez is having more success with it than I am. He’s on a really hot streak with it. I’m just averaging around 60% win rate in about 20 games.

Summary

Control Shaman?

Class: Shaman

Format: Standard

Year of the Pegasus

1x (1) Armor Vendor

1x (1) Lightning Reflexes

1x (1) Murloc Growfin

1x (1) Pop-Up Book

1x (1) Scarab Keychain

1x (1) Shock Hopper

1x (1) Thrall’s Gift

1x (2) Amphibious Elixir

1x (2) Ancestral Knowledge

1x (2) Dirty Rat

1x (2) Gold Panner

1x (2) Jam Session

1x (2) Needlerock Totem

1x (2) Saloon Brewmaster

1x (2) Watcher of the Sun

1x (3) Ogre-Gang Outlaw

1x (3) Zola the Gorgon

1x (4) Aftershocks

1x (4) Baking Soda Volcano

1x (3) Dehydrate

1x (3) Photographer Fizzle

1x (8) Joymancer Jepetto

1x (4) Ignis, the Eternal Flame

1x (1) Recursive Module

1x (3) Virus Module

1x (5) Doctor Holli’dae

1x (5) Ogre-Gang Ace

1x (5) Taelan Fordring

1x (6) Golganneth, the Thunderer

1x (6) Kingpin Pud

1x (6) Shudderblock

1x (9) Reno, Lone Ranger

1x (9) Yogg-Saron, Unleashed

AAECAfWfAx6oigSW1AT9xAWt7QXN7gX08gWN9QXYgQb5jAaplQbslQatmQavmQazmQbvmwbOnAatnQacngafngbPngbRngbmngbLnwbHpAanpQaopQaopwavqAbrqQbR0AYAAAEGrNEF/cQFr40G/cQF8LMGx6QG9LMGx6QGycEG/cQF6N4Gx6QGAAA=

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

1 Like