There was an error starting your game. Duels Error

I get the error ‘There was an error starting your game. Please wait a few minutes and try again.’ when I attempt to start a duel game. This is a fresh run, 0-0. No retire button.

Here are a few things I have tried:

1. I have never used the Fireside Gathering function but I went in there just to make sure and nothing there.
  2. Uninstall/reinstall game + deleting folders on disk.
  3. Downloaded mobile and attempted to launch from there. Same error.

Any help? Most of the topics I have seen pointed to #1 but, no go. Also, the majority of these errors are older (2+ months).

6 Likes

I got that. Completely leaving my gathering fixed it.

I don’t have any gatherings, though.

I have verified this behavior on 2 different PCs and mobile now, so it may be something to do with my deck. I am not sure.

2 Likes

Exactly the same thing happening here. No fireside gatherings active or schedule

2 Likes

Hey there Mand,

Thank you for taking the time to report this! Can you temporarily test an alternate network such as a mobile hotspot or VPN? Alternatively, you can use your mobile phone to test – just be sure to disable WiFi so that the phone uses the mobile network. This will help us quickly determine whether the issues are network-related.

If the issue is resolved when using an alternate network, at that point we can be sure that the issue is isolated to the primary network. In these situations, ultimately we can only recommend contacting the Internet Service Provider (ISP) for assistance determining what is causing the issue to occur on that specific network. They might need to adjust network-level security/firewall settings or temporarily replace the network devices in your home to narrow it down further.

I hope this helps isolate the issue! Let us know if you have any questions going forward.

Didn’t work here. Tried VPN and mobile network. Still same error

Hey there Pehzito,

Thanks for that information! Since this doesn’t appear to be connection-related, our best option will be to have you submit a technical support ticket so that we can investigate a potential account-specific issue.

I tried and failed as well. The same error. Will also open a ticket. Thanks!

Exactly the same thing happening here. No fireside gatherings active or schedule

1 Like

It seems to come from using a deck copy code. It brings in cards that shouldn’t be in the run and then won’t let you start the game sadly. Fix this error or reset for people so they can actually play the game jeesh. When not being able to duel 1 week+ its sad. Just let people reset or remove duels that have illegal cards already been long enough!!!

6 Likes

same thing happen for me, i think it is the deck copy code problem, how can i get helped?

Same for me here, I have included some cards from very old expansions which shouldn’t prolly be there and I cannot retire because it’s the first match.

Is there a way to retire the deck? Because I don’t see it fixed anytime soon

2 Likes

Still same issue. Is there anyone who have solution about this?

Same issue with me, if the fireside gathering doesn’t cause it, it’s definitely caused by the copy code. I copied a code with illegal cards and get this error message on all networks/devices.

1 Like

People have been complaining about this since November 2020 they dont care or have a clue. It took them upto just 6-7 days ago to even confirm it was a bug. Won’t get a cent from me for new xpac.

2 Likes

Can we please find a solution here? I have a spider tank in the deck which is I think is causing the problems and I didn’t even have it in my collection. It was from the in-game card suggestion that I picked it. Tried crafting it to maybe solve the problem but it’s still there. Giving you the info so you know how to properly handle it.

^^^^ and that’s why wow died and Overwatch and eventually this will get replaced also

Same issue, copied deck, now duels is stuck on Play screen.

I’m having the same issue. Cant retire because I haven’t started yet and it won’t let me with an error everytime