Theotar nerf leak

Coilfang let’s you discover cards in your opponent’s hand…AND let’s you disrupt it. You can play this on 4 and then Theo next. It’s a great combo if you get Coilfang, which DK Rexxar seems to love getting.

Murloc Holmes is a soft guess at what’s in your opponent’s hand. You’ll know if you guess wrong or right.

And before you start with some “But that’s not a copy like Identity Theft!” note that your original argument was that not all classes can SEE what’s in the opponent’s hand like Identify theft as a way to know when to use Theotar…but they most certainly can.

1 Like

Ok, now that we have discovered the cards, show me what decks they actually go in that are not T3 or lower. You see the problem is that those cards blow for the most part and there is a reason they are not in any decks.

This text of this card is too good at any price.
Just me thinks.

jailer is not nearly as bad as sire. i dont think jailer even needs a nerf as he still loses to tempo and non stat related board clears. jailer into sire is what makes it so stupidly strong

Moving goal posts now, are we? Your argument was “Not all classes can cast identity theft tho right” as an argument against not being able to see in the opponent’s hand to maximize Theotar.

Now that you’re proven wrong, you want to move goal posts and claim “but it’s not good!”.

Being “good” was never part of your original argument. The fact is it exists when you thought it didn’t.

2 Likes

The goal post was this card sucks donkey. It is a terrible card and should not have been printed. You countered with Identity Theft for all class. I then proved that the counters sucks, and no one uses them, bringing us right back to the fact that the card sucks donkey and should never have been printed.

The goal post was always the same, I just wanted to see what lame excuse you could make for the card being fair. What I got was a list of cards no one ever uses and for good reason.

No, the goal post YOU set was there was no player agency with this card. Boreas showed you where you were wrong, you chimed back “Yeah but not everyone can do that” and I proved you wrong. Now your goal post is “but THAT option isn’t good enough”

So your original arguments of “no player agency” and “not everyone can do that” is wrong. Now you want to move the goal posts for another claim.

Why is it so hard to admit you’re wrong on these forums?

1 Like

I hate playing Devil’s Advocate here as the guy annoys me, but to me, the options you name aren’t nearly as good as Theo, and I don’t believe see anywhere near as much play.

The argument I made was never that the options were as good as Identity Theft (we’re not talking about Theo) and the argument he made was never “show me an option that’s as good as Identity Theft”.

1 Like

I figured I was missing something:)

1 Like

they are nerfing ice revenant too because dark knight is getting many cheap frost spells and dont want it ending games way too soon

he nerf to Ice Revenant might appear out of place, but it feels like a necessary one in a world where Death Knight has access to multiple cheap Frost spells (Horn of Winter in particular). In testing we were frequently seeing Ice Revenant’s game-ending size on turn 4, and the card was simply overshadowing many of the new and exciting things going on in the set.

A 5 mana 3/3 would blow too if you built your decks around more than a handful of cards.

This you?

Neither Murloc Holmes or Coilfang Constrictor are anything like Identity Theft. You are making an argument that those 2 cards are similar to identity theft. The only similarity is that one has a choose 3 from hand while the other could be anything. That is like saying, “An Apple is like an Orange, cause they are both fruit.”

Also, to say I am moving the goal post, this is your first response to my problem with the card. The goal post was set at my first post, you have since spent the time trying to defend the card going down a rabbit hole in a vain effort of justification for the card.

He’s not even playable at 5 Mana in most decks.

He’s one of the least offensive massively run cards that has ever existed as far as his actual performance is concerned.

People run him because of how infuriating it is to lose to the deck blizzard allows to exist, not because he’s actually a strong card that is greatly helping your win rate.

You are by far the most dishonest poster I’ve ever seen. Boreas made a statement and you countered the statement with a single argument. Not only did I refute the argument and educate you, but I was deliberate in stating that “all classes can do SOMETHING LIKE IDENTITY THEFT” and that something in particular was the argument YOU made - look at opponent’s hand.

At no point in time, ever, did I say that the options were GOOD META CARDS. I only stated a single argument in rejection of your assertion. You were the one who had a hidden goal post that the cards “must be good meta cards so that everyone is using it”.

It’s nothing like “An Apple is like an Orange, cause they are both fruit.” It’s more like “An Apple has seeds like an Orange” when you make a claim analogous to “other fruits don’t get to have seeds like apples”. You made a mistake, refuse to admit your mistake, even when asking to be educated on said mistake, and now in order to save face you move goal posts analogous to “well yeah, but apples taste like apples and not oranges and most people eat apples instead”.

You’re dishonest. You know it. I know it. And anyone following the conversation can see it too.

Just man up and admit you were wrong. Identity Theft giving information so you can see Theotar well Boreas’s argument. Your argument against that SPECIFIC INTERACTION was about how other classes can’t do that. I argued against that specific interaction and you moved the goal posts to something else completely off topic to that specific interaction.

There’s no harm in admitting you’re wrong. But moving goal posts to save face is such a lame move.

Which is untrue.

Then why even suggest is as an option?

They are completely different interactions just like apples are complete different fruit. The comparison I made is adequate and appropriate.

You are hyperbolic at best in your responses of what is comparable. That is being disingenuous which can be construed as being dishonest. Anyone can see it, just admit you are reaching in trying to make a point.

Which still remains, they can not do what identity theft can do. They can do something slightly similar. Again, apples to oranges.

Below is my first response to boreas. Second was asking when you can see it. You gave me 2 options, both of them suck and never get played. Give me a viable option and I will admit I am wrong. Because as of right now, my first response to Boreas stands.

Introspection is the first part of realization.

depends on your deck. If they stole sire then its probably all over unless you can steal it back. if your playing something like curse lock is probably just a meh.

I don’t understand why they haven’t thought of reworking the effect to discard a card from both players’ hands instead of exchanging them. It would solve the main gripe people have with the card while also maintaining its properties of hand disruption.

1 Like

That’s what I’m saying. If it “depends” on x, y, or z, it’s not a game ender

Theo is only game ending if you’re either a guff druid with a big böner for big sire D, or if you’re a Quest Priest. Maybe ping mage as well. The end.

All other decks - yeah it feelsbad, but definitely not game over.