The New Reward System SUCKS

yep hating it over here also. around before the expansion dropped i was playing more and more arena (cause i found it fun more than battlegrounds and rated), and now, i dont want to have to jump through three hoops which are on fire, preform a triple summersault, and some other stuff in order to play one arena run.

4 Likes

Yup. Duel achievements and achievement regarding the upcoming set.

So start loving to play duel and invest in the new set if you want to progress.

This also means that people will start to progress faster along the xp track once the new set is playable.

I’ve been wondering this as it seems there’s a fair bit of xp just ‘waiting’ to be collected if you play various modes/themes/cards/decks/heroes.

It appears a double-edged sword as wanting your players to try different things is good but forcing them (or missing out on rewards) is bad.

I’ve said this in a few threads now but they should think of more organic ways to nudge people to try different modes (xp bonus for mode for example) then they can play what they want whilst still trying the mode.

I think there’s a healthy 12,500 XP locked behind increasingly demanding duels achievements.

A ‘pro tip’ by Iksar.

12,500 xp is not a small amount. I believe they should have equivalent opportunities in other game modes because not everyone cares for duels.

I suppose it’s their way of keeping it ‘spicy’…

But the whole point of this obtuse system is to force people to play how Blizzard wants them to play.

4 Likes

Blizzard issues a public statement in response to player feedback.

I agree completely. Blizzard really dropped the ball here. in my opinion there were people in Blizzard that knew how this would affect the play and they didn’t care. This is all about earning more money from players.

This will turn hearthstone into pay to win game more so then it ever has been before…

1 Like

More evidence that Team 5 intends to keep lying and has no intention of rectifying their flawed greedy system that kicks F2P where it hurts.

2 Likes

It’s their way of keeping it stingy.
You either play what they want or you get nothing.

1 Like

Spent an hour playing, in that time i played 4 tavern brawls and 3 matches in casual, also completed 2x 1000XP daily quests. Didnt get a level lol. and im not even far on the track (level 19). Things will only get worse. Great new rewards system we got there.

2 Likes

Team 5 sucked all of the fun and satisfaction out of the game. We are now working towards nothing and We collect nothing.
The rewards track is so slow and cheap that there is no real incentive to play. Play all day and you get nothing, so why bother?

2 Likes

So far I have been on Level 19 for 2 days. I generally log in the evenings and knock out the daily and play a few games. Last night I played for a couple of hours because I was testing out new decks and stuff. Aside from the XP from the daily quest my XP hardly budged.

So far it looks like Team5’s claim that you’ll get “experience for just playing” is a laughable exaggeration. Whatever XP they are giving out for playing games is only a tiny, almost imperceptible pittance.

4 Likes

My problem is Blizz wants to tell people how to play. They want to force people to play the way they want. Not only in Hearthstone, but also in WOW.
I like to create new decks based on different card types or other things, and play in casual for fun, not for ranking. In the old system, it is OK. But now, there is no any experience when you are playing casual games. (Yes, you can play casual to finish daily and weekly tasks, but playing casual games not provide any exp compared with ranking games. It forces me to play ranking or duels due to experience which is everything now. I hate that.
I am playing games for fun and relax, I don’t think I can play this for much longer. The reason I play hearthstone is I have been a big fan of WOW from very beginning. I don’t have time for WOW, and now I am just a casual player of hearthstone. Sad…

1 Like

Ranked 400 xp/hour is pretty much the same as the old 10 gold/3 wins. You just don’t see the gold move as often as you get the gold in bigger chunks.

Other modes should be giving ~300 xp/h, but I think some of the modes are currently bugged (e.g., I don’t think duels gives any xp at all).

it’s not the same at all. I have had countless days when I was able to make my 60 gold quest plus three wins) in 30 min or less.
The new track forces players to play more for equivalence, it is therefore a price hike, any way you slice it.

And when you lose 3 30 min games, you just say that doesn’t count eh? Now you get 500 xp, before you would get big fat 0 for that. The only difference now is that you get the xp more evenly and you don’t even need to try to win as winning gives very little more.

I have played more than I ever have before in six years since the new system was released. F2P should be renamed: “Slog for Less”

1 Like

I find it amazing how they implemented something which is simultaneously bugged, not fun and less rewarding.

And worse of all they don’t seem to be willing to fix it.

I don’t know what else to say.

6 Likes

There isn’t anything to say. if this is the best that the current Blizzard can do then it’s fair to assume they don’t care about their reputation or their players anymore.

4 Likes

I understand they’re weekly quests and should be grinded out in a week, but I dont want to play your awful battlegrounds mode, I don’t want to play your awful duel mode and given how bad standard has been for the past 3 years I dont want to slog through 7 ranked games either. Just let me go back to playing 3 casual games a day.