The New Reward System SUCKS

Sure it seems great at first but the scaling isn’t linear like the old system and as it ‘progresses’ on the reward track it gets worse.

I also don’t like the fact that Blizzard decides what rewards we get for our time investment and not us.

It removes player agency and that was one of the things I liked about the old system. I don’t care about a free RANDOM pack here or an epic there.

Just give me the gold and let me decide what I get to spend it on.

At higher levels, it just seems like way more grinding and work for less and less reward.

That sucks.

I’ve spent a considerable amount of money on this game but I won’t be spending any more.

Especially with an increase of expansion sets…players need gold more than ever and Blizzard just royally screwed player’s ability to earn and save it at a consistent rate.

Yeah I know, ‘cry moar’ but some folks enjoyed being able to buy in-game things without having to open their wallet EVERY time.

Edits: Here are some numbers for those who need to see them. Also where Iksar himself claims that ‘immediate gold’ would be roughly the same in the new system as the old system 2 months before release.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/jti146/new_rewards_track_is_a_huge_disappointment/

Blizzard issues a public statement in response to player feedback. The first version was confirmed to be intentional.

61 Likes

My only issue with new system is I can’t get rid of the 5 gold…

Very annoying to see.

Outside of that, it looks very nice in my opinion.

6 Likes

Arena still rewards gold, pretty sure.

5 Likes

Yea it’s not looking to good.

5 Likes

The worst part of the system is really that it forces players to do things they don’t want to do.

-It asks players to play duels. I think duels sucks and isn’t fun at all, don’t ask me to play things I don’t like.

-It asks people to play in ranked. While I have no issues with that, I don’t think forcing players to play in ranked is a good idea.

The quests are far more demanding and force you to jump through hoops.

46 Likes

Yes this too, again Blizzard deciding for us and removing player agency.

4 Likes

I know I’ll be using the reroll button more than ever before.

18 Likes

Yeah, the new reward system looks pretty crappy so far if you look past the good beginning. Thousands of XP to level up when dailies give only 1000 and you get extremely little XP for time spent (less than 50 XP per game when you need thousands, my god…). I really don’t feel like even bothering with it.

16 Likes

From what I’ve gathered you can’t even earn 4500 gold in 3 months by completing ALL quests, dailies and weeklies. The XP thresholds are absurd.

You can’t even get to level 50 in 3 months like that.

As f2p you have to grind for 4500 gold and 5 random packs the devs decided for you.

12 Likes

I see… I pretty much never play arena, guess I have to play it till I get 100gold

1 Like

Yep, again just incentivizing people to pay money because they won’t be reasonably prepared despite the grinding in the new system.

This whole thing is just worse overall… and then there is quests that force you to play modes you don’t even care about.

4 Likes

I’ve always just burned my free tickets to make zero-win runs and hope for that dumb 5 gold to appear. Finally worked back in August.

If you don’t finish an Arena run whenever Arena rotates, they auto-finish it for you and give you a free ticket. If you use your free ticket to start a run, then never go past 2 losses, that ticket will get you another free ticket next time the Arena expansion lineup changes.

Free packs/dust/gold on a self-perpetuating cycle, and free chances to rid yourself of that blasted 5 gold.

I personally can’t stand Arena.

11 Likes

I really wanted to give this thing the benefit of the doubt because they swore up and down that the rewards would be better in terms of gold earnings but it flat out does not look like there’s enough XP available in this system to ever equal out even just the bare minimum of complete your quests and maybe win a few games along the way.

12 Likes

Yep, I didn’t even comment on it when it was first announced because I figured it would be better to see how it was firsthand.

Now having analyzed and seen it for myself…I hate it.

2 Likes

I would like to see an official statement that explains the xp gains and what they expect from players to gain on average …

6 Likes

It is ‘understandably’ the Dev chose to started with a more modest structure to test the water.
There may still be chance where the Dev will make adjustments with more ‘feedbacks’.

It doesn’t help that they use Reddit, which is nothing more than a stupid meme site, as a way to communicate with players instead of their own forum.

I am not going to search on that mess of a site where developers wrote something.

3 Likes

This system is a blatant rip-off compared to the previous one, honestly.

They’d have to revamp the whole dust/craft system as well, which is also draconian as hell, to justify this.

Previously I could afford to do dailies and win 15 games a day to get around 8k-9k gold per an expansion cycle.

Now I can’t even get 4500 gold by completing ALL quests in 3 months? Are 5 outdated packs worth thousands of gold? How much do I even need to grind? The whole day?

This is filthy.

And to think there are 150 levels, as if they are achievable for normal but dedicated players. When you can barely get to 70 in 3 months. What are they encouraging exactly? Straight up botting?

13 Likes

yeah this annoyed me. i could not re roll this either so I’m hoping tomorrow I can.

Some (sad) calculations:

You get roughly 11650xp per week from quests.
x 12 weeks = 139800 xp

That is level 42-43, which isn’t even 4k gold.

If playing for an hour (IN COMPETITIVE) = roughly 400 xp and you play an hour every day, you earn 33600 xp on top of quests in 3 months. Previously you could’ve won 3 games in an hour, netting you 900 extra gold in 3 months for sure.

Doing all quests and playing an hour daily for 3 months is 173400 xp in total.

Which is level 47. Which is again not even 4500 gold.

Congratulations. Pay up for the battle pass or you won’t even reach the basic 4k gold level 50 playing every freaking day.

10 Likes