The case for new Illucia being the worst card in TCG history

No one but Priest players enjoy this card as it is now. It’s simply OP if used correctly. Just watch GMs. And I’ll rephrase what I said before. I don’t want slow Priest decks to exist. Not the bore-me-to-death type, anyways.

In GMs priests were playing slow decks?

I mean watch how Illucia is used…

like skip opponents turn, i know, but the change i wrote would deny that kind of plays.

You did not play against shadow control priest :slight_smile: it is midrange deck. And nerfing illucia this way wont help the deck to be played more, quite the opposite. Slowest priest decks wont come back until april 2023.

I find that deck acceptable. It isn’t the traditional attrition Priest deck. The highest cost card’s 5-mana. However, this simply needs to be done. The card feels to bad and worse is objectively OP.

Try not to jump the gun and assume the card’s now worthless. Wait and see. We’re truly speculating. I believe it will still have its uses, especially in SP and probably Control SP.

As i said in another thread, Illucia kinda reads now, discovered a card or 2 from your opponent hand, you have to play them this turn.

It feels to me Illucia is a worst Scorpid.

• you lose your hand so you can’t combine your hand with what you “discovered” from your opponent hand
  • you can’t keep what you “discovered”, you have to play this turn
  • Illucia doesn’t have poisonous and is not a beast (which could matter)

I prefer the 3 mana shaman legendary, fireheart, better card for control.

1 Like

The Scorpid analogy is off.

Do you play Shadow Priest? I feel like I know this card will still be viable and everyone is just whining.

1 Like

Please explain what it is you have mana left for that still makes this card playable. I’m not sure you have thought this through.
Remember we play a game that ends on turn 7 at its latest.

1 Like

Yeah for many intents and purposes, the effect might be good or ok at 2 mana, but without keeping the cards it’s tempo loss without the reward without consistency.

If you want a late game play just put a lategame card in your deck. T3 she’s bad and scorp better, t6-7-9 cornelius and mutanus and even 5 card ysera are just better refills unless you steal discounts. Even 2 mana thoughtsteals or thought seize are probably way more valuable than the 1/3.

Typically if you can’t keep cards you want a strong turn. Even naralex is better too. 3 mana 2 cards and 3/3 after 2 turns with a 5 card pool that is more reliable and good yet not even meta.

i’m coming from the perpective of a control or value priest. it feels to me Illucia was intended for that archetype, not an aggro priest.

You have mana left for the discounted cards in your opponent’s hand. At 3-mana it isn’t so bad as a SP. You probably have little value in hand and can turn that around by using Illucia.

What discounted cards are you counting on playing to imrove the value of your highly aggressive gameplan?

If it’s warlock, possibly free removal/healing, Flesh Giants if you’re lucky, draw, etc. It isn’t the most aggressive play but, it’s still a worthwhile play for 3-mana when your hand is less than useful.

Doubtful you’ll be seeing nearly as much of that with the nerfs hitting. Also, Warlock plays almost exclusively big stuff. A few discounted removal pieces won’t kill anything but your own minions. You aren’t getting burn damage out of it.

You’re far better off trying to push your own gameplan than hoping you happen to run into a deck that happens to have a bunch of cheap cards in their hand that happen to be helpful if you’re at 5+ mana and need those cards to win the match.

That’s a lot of things to line up that will be lining up far less often post-patch.

2 Likes

You consistently post negativity. And if you actually read, I know this is difficult, I did admit I am probably wrong. Cheers, pal.

Or just “swap hands/decks” but have the effect expire at the end of the turn.

Stuff like that is simply not why the card was seeing play in SP, though.

I’m not sure what else can be said other than that I’ll let the post-patch meta prove my point for me.

Why not just run a buffing card of your own then. I’d probably still run it (except I will probably dust it), but that’s cause I like wacky high risk high reward plays. But that’s probably going to get ground out in favor of efficiency in the actual meta decks.

1 Like

If a least they increased the stats for 3 manas 3/4 maybe you can play vs a druid or rogue in turn 3 and get something else to play free with Prep or similar.

1/3 for 3 manas is just retarded.

They killed the card so badly, erradicated the primordial reason for craft this should be the first card in HS history to get doubled dust refund.

1 Like

Exactly.

Illucia was ran almost entirely because of the face damage she provided. She’ll be dropped for whatever is determined to generate the next best amount of face damage for the deck.