Stopped playing september 2014

Hi. I just came back for the 10th anniversary event and I feel so lost. I lose almost every game.

Do you have any tips on how I can get better? for example which classes & cards are good / bad? Which game mode I should play first to unlock cards & other things?

or do you have a good and up-to-date website, where you can copy the best meta decks? That would help me a lot, thank you very much.

1 Like

Go to Hsreplay and copy your favorite classes deck. Then craft it and use it to do quest and build more decks.

2 Likes

Good decks up to the gold ranks:

https://hsreplay.net/

Decks for the Diamond and Legend ranks:

https://www.hsguru.com/

These are just 2 sites. You find more with a search engine.

I suggest you wait until next week before crafting any decks. There is a new expansion and also a card rotation on Tuesday.

The meta will change alot next week and it is very hard to say which cards and decks will be good right now.

2 Likes

thank you both people. but i have a question. why not just use the decks for diamand and legends also for lower ranks like gold? i mean the decks for diamond and legends are anyway better, no?

Not necessarily. The different ranks are populated with different decks.

Totem Shaman is very good to climb up to Diamond 5 but then the bad matchups increase.

Other decks are not good for climbing the ladder but are very strong once your reach Legend and you get those matchups.

2 Likes

Here is a post I wrote explaining certain keywords in the game:

3 Likes

I play what’s fun/most annoying for my opponent to play against. Like dragon Druid; brann warrior, and plague DK. Not always the top tier decks in legend.

1 Like

Yes, they are.

I recommend either:

hearthstonetopdecks.com

or

hsguru.com

On hsguru you have a tab called “Streamer decks”

That’s where I find decks from my favorite streamers, but you can also filter by other categories. Recommended 10/10

the first one also isn’t bad, since you can filter by anything you want and sort them by recency and just look for the ones with highest upvotes or ones with highest rank achieved

1 Like

The most important advice is, try to focus.
Play one (good) deck, max 2, try to master them and learn the matchups.

From what I read, most ppl have the habbit of changing decks whenever things dont work well enough, this way you never rly stabilize your winrate.

If you stick with one deck the matchup spread is allways the same, when you are good enough with that deck you should automaticly reach a 50%+ winrate and thats all you need to climb.

For example, if you lose 3 games in a row and you change your deck you have the same chance of losing another 3 games in a row, if you stick with the same deck your chance to win increases with every lost game…

There is also a thing called pocket meta, that could render your fav deck useless at a certain rank or day but that is a different story

1 Like

You did good in 2014. Don’t try to get hooked into this game, so just play something fun. Or perhaps stick to Battlegrounds while having to kill some time in an airport/train station or whatever. I’m about to destroy my 100% collection, along with about 300.000 dust just to make sure I never come back to this.

What? Don’t let yourself be put down. You seem to like the game a lot. It would be a shame to destroy everything that has been achieved.

Vicious syncidate also has podcasts and data alanysis of what is currently meta. They compile the data from hsreply and firestone trackers and help a lot to better understand the current state of the game.

Hsreply is good to use, there’ s also https://hearthstone-decks.net/ But the thing you do need to keep in mind though deck perfom differenltly at different levels.