Standard and Battlegrounds changes coming

Nice targets. Not sure about not hitting DH or sludgelock, but otherwise I’d expect this to open up the format. We will need more buffs down the line, rogue in particular, but these are extremely safe buffs for now.

1 Like

I hate these teasers. Just post the changes.

Anyway, probably too few and/or too weak changes as usual.

1 Like

Nothing for warlocks and OTK shaman is madness.

OTK shaman is being nerfed with Thrall’s Gift. I figure Lightning Bolt is out of the pool.

2 Likes

Thrall’s Gift likely removing Lightning Bolt in exchange for another spell (evolve?)

Still, all in all, I can’t imagine Hunter and Shopper DH not being turbo broken with the only even matchup getting dumpstered this patch. No reason for me to come back imo as the overall uninteractivity of the game will still be in place.

i only recognize the ones in the lower image, cant say ive ever seen any of the ones in the upper image. is the red murloc a retirement or a nerf to it? and whats up with the one at the bottom of the image that has both green and red arrows on it? can someone translate this? I dont see any key to decipher this lol. i think ive seen an image like this once before on the forums and I didnt get it then either i think.

Good set of changes, fewer than I’d like but it’s hard to say due how strong paladin is compared to the rest.
I suspect hunter will emerge as the best deck but who knows. I’d also nerf R.C. Rampage, Forge of Wills and Shield Block at least.

like seriously, give writen text and post on your forums.

Seems good to me. Hopefully this kills paladin off completely .

Nice 3 shaman nerfs. Oh wait no they’re supposed to be warrior / paladin nerfs but thanks to dual class cards shaman is going to get nerfed the most of any class in standard on Thursday.

No more dual class cards ever again please.

I guess better yet just split the cards in 2 and have a shaman version and a warrior/paladin version. Also no nerf to warlock location… good call.

Could someone list all the nerfs and the buffs? Like what cards they are

Oh boy shaman getting indirectly nerfed yet again. Thanks blizzard.

Obviously they’re going to take the lightning bolt out of thrall’s gift. I feel like if they’re going to do that then you need to go look at Garrosh.'s gift and remove shield block

Awakening Tremors (Hunter)
Tigress Plushie (Paladin)
Deputization Aura (Paladin)
Shroomscavate (Paladin/Shaman)
Thrall’s Gift (Shaman)
Aftershocks (Shaman/Warrior)
Odyn (Warrior)
Zilliax Deluxe (neutral)

Overall I agree with nerfing Paladin hard, as well as with nerfing Hunter and Warrior, so decent patch. I don’t agree with nerfing Shaman but honestly Thall’s Gift is weak in that deck anyway, Spell Damage Shaman is still going to be Tier 3 after taking the card out. The one nerf I disagree with they fumbled on lol

2 Likes

No man, Zilliax? Why?
Nerfing your mascot card in the first Patch after release. This is so disappointing.

Thank you much scrottie

Changing the module to say your minions only for the discount is how it should have been to begin with.

1 Like

Either that or having more cost. I think it’s a case of one module being mandatory right now.

1 Like

Zilliax is THE Neutral Legendary of this expansion. Nerfing it now has to be the dumbest decision ever.
It’s like nerfing ETC first Patch after release of FOL or Renathal. Horrible decision.

They’re only going to nerf the OP module, not the entire card.

I think the change won’t be this:

edit: mb didn’t read the text correctly. Why would this be the nerf? Isn’t the problematic build the aggro version?

1 Like