Standard and Battlegrounds changes coming

It’s all but guaranteed that that’s the module they’re going to hit since every ziliaxs build starts with that module. How they go about it could vary greatly I was just making a suggestion that that’s what I thought it should be.

Exactly what I was trying to tell him earlier. It’s not going to be that because it’s a Hunter nerf basically.

1 Like

Hopefully it’s just a mana nerf. I don’t want them to ruin builds with it. I finally found a place for the Golden Zilliax I opened in Mage and don’t want to lose it…

and/or a stat nerf. 5 Health is kinda hard to kill for a minion buffing your whole board. A lower Health for the same cost wouldn’t be a bad change.

1 Like

An increase in in cost as scrotie mentioned would be just as acceptable. The problem is being able to drop that card so early for little or no cost.

Poor shaman just just keeps getting incidentally nerfed.

That would be best-case. I enjoy the Ticking + Perfect Module as an anti-aggro version and that would barely touch that.

Again I just hope other builds aren’t caught in the crossfire. Hopefully scrotie is right.

It’s a neutral card, there’s always going to be a nonzero amount of splash damage. But it’s the Ticking/Pylon combo that’s the core problem. The Ticking module is just generically OP, even a deck with no particular synergy with Ticking, like Paladin, takes it just because it’s too good (and then usually Twin because handbuff). Pylon has synergy with Ticking and is the craziest power outlier.

Honestly I think the coolest nerf to Ticking would be to make it only enemy minions. Get rid of the Ticking/Pylon internal synergy completely. But I doubt that’ll happen.

Then we can also expect Pylon Module to be the nerf target right? Maybe make that +1/+0 or increase its cost.
That would also make it so that other builds aren’t caught in the crossfire.

I mean, Pylon is only really an issue in Hunter. The other problem is that I really want to run Perfect+Twin in Paladin but I don’t because Ticking is just too ticking good. It’s really limiting the design intent of the card when the only correct answer to Zilliax is “Ticking+something else.” Other decks SHOULD be in the crossfire here.

For me this :point_up:
would be perfect. But it’s a new card and a text nerf won’t happen. So that either leaves Ticking or Pylon and I also don’t think a stat nerf would be influential enough to force their hand to nerf Zilliax at all. Mind as well not nerf it in that case.

Which leaves mana nerf the only possible option. I just hope it’s Pylon that’s all. imo nerfing Ticking first patch is a stupid decision. Why destroy the card’s play rate everywhere when you can just nerf it for hunter.

Pylon is decently important to Aggro Priest as well.

:rofl:

That’s a Tier 4 deck.

This seems like another can of worms

You’ve literally asked this exact question before not long ago…

Hey man I’m just letting you know it’s cool to say stuff like “I haven’t faced that deck yet”, instead of spouting off. Aggro Priest is evolving rapidly and the new versions are pretty scary. Maybe instead of going “as;lkdfjasl;kdfujqwe9opfuasdl;kfjasiplf;d OMG I MUST REPLY!!!” you can say “I’ll take a look”. Just a piece of advice.

If you know ahead of time what Zarimi does it’s really difficult to lose if you play correctly. I’ve beaten the deck plenty and lost to it exactly once. Which is going to be the pattern for pretty much everybody btw, you only lose to it the first time.

Edited to add: I am a little surprised there’s nothing in this to deal with the tentacle-Brann warrior combo. I’m seeing it a lot already, and after adjustments I think it’s only going to move up.

It’s a buff and a nerf. Example: it’s moving up a tavern tier, but getting increased stats.

1 Like

Absolutely nothing being done about beasts in bg… Cool.

Most broken tribe, still untouched.

Frost Lich Cross Stitch buff to save Mage lmao, at least Druid get a buff to Aviana so good on them.

Eh. I don’t think they’re the undisputed most powerful tribe.

Here’s a chart I compiled from HSReplay data a few days ago. It shows the probability that a tribe will still be alive after X players have been eliminated.
https://i.imgur.com/wT7RqlY.png
The top two are Beasts and Murlocs. Beasts is better at surviving until 2nd place but Murlocs is the most likely tribe to get first. So whether Beasts is the best tribe or 2nd best depends on how much you value a first place finish.

Naga is a clear 3rd. Below that it becomes a series of tradeoffs. For example Quillboar are better than Mechs at getting 1st or 2nd but Mechs are better at surviving until 3rd place.

I think the most reasonable course of action would have been to nerf Beasts, Murlocs AND Naga, but nerfing Murlocs isn’t bad.

1 Like