Rise of Shadows Q&A - April 22, 2019

Any plans to add stats to the collection manager so that players can see how complete their collection is? Also, please share with soon what Blizzard’s plans are for mid and long term rewards. As someone who has been playing since beta, there just isn’t enough to do.

2 Likes

Hello, you guys said you were going to work on more achievements past 500 ranked wins because some veterans had nothing left to achieve.

Are you still planning to add new achievements past the 500 wins golden portraits ?

3 Likes

When is the new adventure coming out?

1 Like

What does E.V.I.L. Stand for?

4 Likes

Blizzard, I feel like Warrior could get a few more keywords and themes dedicated to them like for example Warlock has demon synergy , Rogue has return and combo synergy , Paladin has Silver hand synergy. Warriors may have Rush and mech synergy but other classes actually have it too. Warlock in particular has a lot of keywords like Discard and so on. ( I am aware Warrior have deal 1 damage and shuffle bombs too but it feels like he has less themes than other classes)

Who spearheaded the current direction for Mage’s design theme and how many cheeseburgers do I owe them? Veggie burgers are an option.

Serious question: any considerations toward adding an achievement system yet? I’m sure there are a lot of completionists out there who, whole they enjoy the game, might be compelled to branch out a bit if there were achievement point or cosmetic rewards for doing so. The sky is the limit with how creative acheivements can get.

2 Likes

I think by now (4th rotation iirc) it’s safe to say that some classes, especially priest and paladin, suffer from their really lackluster classic sets. Will you ever consider changing or buffing some of the weaker classic set cards?

2 Likes

What about bomb do you not like?

Achivment system will ever be added to the game?

I know this isn´t for the main purpose of the QnA, but I would love to see your opinion about one simple idea that could help to sort out the collection.
"There would be a switch button in the collection that would show you just golden copies of the cards (if you have them) and if you don´t, it would just show normal copies instead. There would also be another switch button that would do an exact opposite and It would show you just normal copies of the cards and if you just have golden copy of the card, it would show that instead." It would be really good in wild or even in standard because It would make your scrolling through your collection faster in deck building or just finding your cards. And of course in crafting mode it would show you all the copies of the cards you own.

1 Like

Are there any plans to create new in-game rewards for players beyond card packs, and card backs? It seems new hero portraits are saved for pre-orders and promotions which leaves very limited options for rewards in game.

6 Likes

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I think i posted in the wrong thread and it won’t let me post here again. Hope you see it! :slight_smile: Here is the link:

When making the “call-back” card like Forbidden Words and Omega Devastator, was there a reason as to why you chose not to include old keywords from past expansions like Echo and Recruit? A prime example would be Witches Brew which says “repeatable this turn” instead of using the keyword “Echo”

Just FYI, there’s one hacky way to reorder your standard decks. If you convert a standard deck to wild, it’s moved to the bottom of your collection (after all the wild decks). If you convert it back to standard, it’s moved to the bottom of your standard decks. So with a little patience you can reorder your standard decks that way.

Unfortunately it doesn’t work for wild decks because you can’t convert a wild deck to standard without replacing a lot of the cards. For wild decks, the best you can do is copy the deck string, delete the deck, then recreate it from the deck string (which puts it in the last slot). UPDATE: I stand corrected! When you change a wild deck to standard, it keeps all its cards but it’s unplayable until you replace the wild cards. So just convert it to standard, save (without replacing cards), then change it back to wild, and it’ll be at the bottom of the wild list.

I don’t see why they won’t add this functionality. They wouldn’t even need to change the game code if they don’t want to, they could just create a web “collection management” screen (akin to the World of Warcraft armory page).

1 Like

I’d like more info on the release of the adventure “The Great Heist of Dalaran”
When is the release date of the first wing? What will the total cost be in gold to purchase all the non-free content? Can we get a discounted USD price by purchasing some wings with gold and then the rest with USD?

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter because your collection doesn’t really hold any value other than for you – you can’t sell your collection. Also, the fact that you need to buy wild packs with real money makes it so your collection is also less valuable.

Can we please get a definitive answer about a potential Tyrande rerelease during the Year of the Dragon. It’s been more than two years now, I think we deserve a straight-forward, yes or no answer. No more “we’re working on it” posts please Team 5.

1 Like

Can we expect an expansion to the amount of decks we can have at once? 18 just isn’t enough for someone who frequently plays and experiments in both standard and wild.

1 Like

Has the lackeys thing been a success? I am not interested to try it. As for me, the “finish your deck option” gave me garbage decks for Warlock the two times I tried it.

Your game does bring joy, much appreciated, but to think how much money I put into it, I don’t think it was a good deal. I wish you all the best and 200 million users. Happy Easter.

Are there ideas for an additional gamemode (like standart and wild) with a rotating system like the current arena structure?
I’d love to use old cards in a more balanced enviroment