Remove top 5 cards from your opponents deck

Reno Priest(similar to Reno lock)…custom non-meta deck…with that said i had to abanddon it cause of Blood of Ghun priest…if Blood of Ghun wasn’t a thing then Tickatus lock would be the biggest issue…right now in wild you can play either aggro…blood of ghun priest…or decks that can otk since the faire came out…blood of ghun priest is literaly invincible in a control vs control…only way to actually beat blood of ghun priest in a control vs control is if we had 6 copies of mass polymorph :S…previous big priests version were possible to handle but this version with blood of ghun just outright crush any chance to…shadow essence into blood of ghun = turn 5 blood of ghun + colossus(spawn by blood of ghun)…polymorph 1 still leave the other up and once it die its get mass res to flood the boards of unkillable giants

so right now Tickatus lock goes second…its just awful atm in wild since faire :S…if blood of ghun get delete for say then we would have some Tickatus problems…both cards are hardcore busted…in third place would be Lorthaxion in baku pally which make the hero Power spawn 4/4 worth of stats…the least of the worry among those 3 but still quite busted

Standard case Tickatus would be a more serious threat if it wasn’t flood of aggro DH(less defensive tools in Standard to take on aggro DH) but my guess is that he still fairly bad in standard too…but for Wild its quite broke

Nobody plays Tickatus in wild. He don’t fit in zoo nor cube warlock.

All i gotta say is my favorite techs against big priest was always gravel snout, infectious sporeling + broomstick, and treachery doomsayer. Not sure how what percentage of ladder is Blood of Ghuun preist

Reno lock…Zoo certainly not…cubelock prob not either…the dude that made the Reno lock prob haven’t update the list then if it has not yet been seen…other than that Roffle did play a Tickatus deck but it dont seem refined currently…at least not to its peak

Wild is almost aggro only. Wacha gonna do? Kill some tier 1 Raza priests? Ain’t it good that they get a counter?

1 Like

treachery doomsayer would not harm a big priest much…infectious sporeling + broom is a nice idea but that cant transform both…and if the big priest is smart enough he will self kill his other minion to make sure it goes to his rez pool if he see a infectious mushroom getting drop

Raza priest counter is finley//wizard combo…easy to pull off…witchwood piper help big time to get the second combo piece if hold either finley or the wizard…or brann + piper if haven’t find either

Edit: well if they dont rat or illucia them out

I really dislike to put 2 additional cards into my deck to counter one deck.

1 Like

treachery doomsayer was always my go to. Unfortunately it doesnt do a whole lot against a shadow essence coming down but it is a 5 mana board clear and really hurts their spellstone and mass resurection if they still run either of those.

I ran a control warlock many months back that relied on Treachery, howlfiend and rin. Howlfiend and treachery was really strong against OTK decks, and doomsayer and howlfiends were pretty solid against big priest.

well i was up to legend 103 with my custom priest and was running both those cards…thats b4 faire meta came out and blood of ghun decks started to infest the ladder

1 Like

Is the new list you see on hsreplay? With Archmage?

Collosus respawn a 7/7 so doomsayer dont wreck the entirety of it…Spellstone isn’t run anymore i think…they now use that 9 mana spell that they dont have to upgrade…more stable…so if they got a full board of collosus you just respawn bunch of giants :S…and treachery//doomsayer is warlock only :S

never visited hsreplay but vargoth been in big priest decks since his introduction…he’s rly powerfull as single rez become double rez …he been harsh but never an issue like blood of ghun

EDIT: the list you see is probably what Jrhsk8 has showcase on his video jrhsk8 - YouTube

EDIT 2:Barne was since removed from the list though

went to hs replay but i’am not permited access to ranking without premium…main page only show 1 big priest list but thats not the 1(no catrina in the nasty version…just 2X Collosus…2X Blood and 1X Vargoth as minions…rest is all spells

Whoosh. Have you ever heard of hyperbole?

Not game breaking, just unfun

This has to be a bait, right?
9 mana 8/8, remove 3 cards from your opponent deck if and only if you played a 10 mana cards while this was in your hand?

I find funny that everyone who complains about ticketus claims that they got 15-30 cards burnt from their deck; when I play it, I usually play one or two (so 10 cards removed) and I am already in a winning position when that happens!

One time I had 2 ticketus in hand before playing ysarrj; guess what? I won before dropping the second ticketus, but I played it anyway because it was there and I wanted to burn more cards.
The deck was already empty, ysarjj would have done nothing.

The question is: does anyone have a replay when your opponent was so good to burn 15 cards from you, while not losing nor already winning?

I can burn 15 cards too, but I usually do it to flex and the game was already decided (you can’t really play a 6 mana 9/9 for two turns and expect to be safe, unless the opponent has nothing on board)

This, if you are giving your opponent free reign to play Tickatus you are already losing.

Yes there is … as someone who has played a lot of Tickatus i know the counter is … you play an useless 8/8, i’ll kill you with my full board … works extremelly well if you ask me.

Card is fun and can be efective, specially against heavy Control decks, but against Tempo or Aggro, it get’s tricky, sometimes i just hold the card forever because either it’s not corrupted, or i have to play several other things to survive … so yeah, not broken at all … kind of mediocre if you ask me.

1 Like

someone playing Ticka while you got a full board would have to be hella stupid…do you play brann and fish for big value from the following battlecry if your opponent has a board rdy to kill you ?..thats just a terrible example your giving…you may as well say cards like expired merchant…zola are useless too despite seeing lots of play