Overwatch 2 not starting but battle.net says the game launch

i have to close battle net launcher, then the OW task appears, so i can close it and retry it for the 500th time…

i got in game 2 times, both times crashing in queue and since the last try, didnt get back into game…

didnt help me unfortunately :frowning:

I think this is showing up here because that Overwatch 2 Doesn’t Launch article is linking the Hearthstone Technical Support.

If you have tried these steps and still require assistance, please visit our [Technical Support Forum] https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/hearthstone/c/technical-support

yeah , probabily they copy pasted the article and forget to update the link to the correct forum

Just wanted to say that it worked for me when I closed Asus Sonic Suite. In another reddit thread people were saying that the Sonos application was bugging them. Try to close your background app for sounds or any other app. All of these basic steps didn’t work for me. Best of luck to you all!

I thought I deleted all of my past Razer files however, I had one lingering out there that was making my game crash.

Try this:

If it doesn’t work this will tell you what is causing the crashes. Type “system information” in your search bar then File>export, save it anywhere. Open the file and scroll about 80% of the way until you see a series of dates each followed by application error, go to the time where you opened Overwatch 2, you should see “Faulting application name: Overwatch.exe” . Then keep going to the right till you see “Faulting module name:” . at least now you know what’s causing the game to crash.

So I somehow got my game to launch once lastnight and my noir widowmaker skin is gone :frowning:

Hey all,

If you haven’t already make sure you’ve tried each of the steps on the Overwatch 2 Doesn’t Launch article.

Afterwards if you’re still having trouble launching the game please join us over on the Overwatch Technical Support Forums. We’ve seen several reports of other software conflicting with the Overwatch 2 client preventing it from launching, and many users have confirmed work arounds in this thread.

Thanks for pointing that out and apologies for the mix-up! We’ve corrected the link on the article.