Over 40% Priest in Wild - where the nerfs?

I am above diamond 5 (dia 2 atm) with 11 stars bonus (so my mmr is pretty good) and my deck tracker says over 40% of all my enemies are Priest?

Wave of Apathy = op!

Mass Hysteria = op!

Psychic Scream = op!

Palm Reading = op!

Archmage Vargoth = op!

Raise Dead = op!

Spirit Lash = op!

Why are there no nerfs?

9 Likes

See: why I don’t play Wild

1 Like

Just do what i do when matched against priest . Concede against the cancer class and just move on to next game.

No one needs to be playing a game against the same minions over and over for 20 minutes

2 Likes

None needed. 20 characters

1 Like

Palm Reading. That’s the big one, doesn’t need a nerf, it’s Serv/Essence that actually DO something threatening. I mean Palm Reading sets up OTK’s sorta but those OTK’s are susceptible to disruption and aggro so.

Palm Reading, Shadow Essence, Eternal Servitude.
Those are the core critical cards in Big Priest that are the most OP.
Only one’s id nerf would be Essence or Servitude.

“Pay tempo now, to lower the mana cost, of your future mana cheaters and defensive spells”. Like all non aggro decks would use 2x Palm Reading if they could.

A Mage could totally OTK you without the quest or without antonidas just flamewaker apprentice and spells if it had Palm Reading too to set it up.

A Rexxar could like cast cheat mana a turn earlier, like Boomzooka on 6! I know, then the class might have a shot at being playable. Or, set up an OTK, even though we have 0 defensive cards that work or disrupt hands/decks/costs. I mean if we see Mage Secret up we just Flare it and watch the match lose to Counterspell that never will not be ran.

I mean, maybe Scream’s OP, but its also only playable bc spirit lash and earlier heal/aoe is there to keep a priest in the match on 7. Like, if Rexxar had Scream, it would of course help but it wouldnt be that good since we can’t heal or remove things just trade or let your opponent bounce back their own choice. Hysteria i feel is stronger than Scream since it actually if “read” from a “palm” helps vs aggro that isn’t from-hand like mage.

It’s 3 cards:
Palm Reading
20 mile gap
Essence, and Servitude.

Those 3 cards are Big Priest.
Can you see how OP this trio is going forward?
You think it’s powerful now, wait until Big Priest gets disruption via some neutral minion or maybe a class minion that affects your opponent’s actual plan like discard or shuffle or pull or change mana cost or counterspell or something like that.

Basically Big Priest has the spells, it just needs to stare at each expansions neutrals and priest minions to look for OP disruption to add into it, so it doesn’t lose to combo every single time, then it will be the best deck in the game w/o a doubt. See the problem in wild you created devs? Give Big Priest a “when this attacks your opponent shuffles their hand, discards a card, spells cost 1 more, cancels their spell, pulls a minion from their hand” anything like that on a stick is gg for Big Priest forever bc it will get cheated on turn 4/5 all because of Palm Reading.

That’s not clever deckbuilding, it’s literally just paging through the new minions can be done in under 20 min, to see what slots into big priest. And they call this game a deckbuilders game…more like a deckeditor. Youtube’s like “new big priest is OP” and its like, yea we all spotted that in under a half hour lookin over the cards sorry streamer you aren’t showing us anything unexpected regardless of jamming the words “new” and “OP” in your title for income. “this new minion that now disrupts slots into big priest” isnt a hard thing to see should that happen. The game is so dead, i mean the format, not the game.

“Do you like editing old decks a card or two…and that’s it for 4 months? Then Wild’s for u!”

See?

2 Likes

they arent going to nerf a class because of a specific player playrates…

3 Likes

“Specific player” ?

NOBODY ENJOY PLAY AGAINST BP

I’m more concerned about Secret Mage tbh

2 Likes

Blood of Ghun only is problematic…Vargoth semi-problematic as he double cast spells…Blood of Ghun is like Vargoth on steroids…you dont need to cast no spell…blood of ghun give you a freeby overstated minion at the end of turn at no expense on top making it difficult to even poly/hex it(Zephrys dont give Hex for blood of ghun and kazakus morph option is random so if that dont land on the blood then gg your screw hard

thats the 1 card i dont even wanna see…not even as a 1/1

3 Likes

Secret mage is the overkill in Wild… i am at Diamond 2 now and its like a secret mage f fest.

Raza kills big priest. I am playing as kingsbane rogue and kill big priests. Reno mage kills it and shudderwock does… any shaman build with the change to murloc does…

Big priest does good because fekkin secret mage is suppressing control builds except bigp

1 Like

I tried those “op” priests in wild. Lost every single game before I was able to play a single meaningful card. Either you are a very bad player, or you are a victim of very bad “luck”. Because given equal skill, without “lucky” draws and mulligans, priest loses.

2 Likes

Sure, 5 mana worse brawl is OP, sure

3 Likes

They dont really balance cards in wild. Wild was created because they could not balance all cards so they splitt it in wild and standard.

My homebrew highlander paladin does dirty things to secret mage, unless they absolute high roll

Priests are ridiculously OP. At this point it’s pretty much just a sissy cheat to play priest. Yeah yeah priest boys and gals, comment all you will, feeeed me :stuck_out_tongue:

I have the most trouble with rez priest. The moment one of their minions die, it’s endless of them coming up. But I know they lose to APM mage and Mozaki. It’s a bit like scissors paper stone now, with match ups having a strong influence on the outcome of the game.

1 Like

Raza priest enjoy playing against big priest. It’s free win

You lost every match but call somebody else bad? Maybe you’re the bad player here?

Hello, mr. thread necromancer. Learn to read. I lost every game trying to play the supposedly “op” priest. Not every game. Big difference.

1 Like

I mean… big priest loses to most combos. I want to be against rez priest every match!
And idk how you got 40%. Either you played few games where that graphic resulted, or crazy unlucky haha.
Alot of my games are against secret mage.^^ Here is my graphic after 550 matches:
https:// imgur .com/a/rpCfW4q