OT: Tonights Music - what are you playing?

I missed your question about Cobo Hall.
Yes I have been there 3 times . The last was in December 99 for 89x radio station Christmas bash. The lineup was Bush headlining along with Oasis, Blink 182 and Ben Harper.
I am in Michigan, about 30 miles north of Detroit. The majority of the concerts I attended were from 91-00. Pine Knob Amphitheater yes, maybe 15 times, with the first time Lollapalooza 92. The Palace of Auburn Hills was another venue that all the major artists would play at and probably another dozen shows I saw there. The rest were smaller venues like the State Theater, Fox Theater, St. Andrews Hall.
Cobo Hall has since been renamed and its heyday was mostly during the 70’s.
Whenever I think about that venue I always think about one album that was recorded live there.
I’m sure you’ll recognize the music.

2 Likes

IDK if anyone here ever went to the Syria Mosque Arena.
I believe it is gone now.
This group was one of many that played there.
They broke up not long after this.
I used to sing this to my partner. His name was Jimmy:)

https://youtu.be/gALaxb1ScJ8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB7ONnfIjaI

Toca Toca by Fly Project:

I think it was in this thread that someone posted something by Florence + The Machine, and today, I was reminded that they have one song that I like:

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

Deströyer666. A band that is hated very very deeply by all the PCR people. They have been accused of all sorts of things, and probably true. At some point I would spin this specifc album every single day. It is a landmark in all that could be perceived as wrong. It rocks. It may very well be my favourite album of all time.

How does this relate to HS?

The tyranny of the inevitable stands upon us like the croos on our grave.

I believe that the game currently, evolves quicly into a path that you can never recover, maybe not faster than ever, but more inevitable than ever. You see it coming. You need to pull this card NOW or the game is lost. From the point onwards you need alligning miracles to still progress the game in your favour.

Thats how I feel about it anyway. The inevitable starts at turn 4, and then you just pray.

1 Like

IDK. I think that used to be more true than it is now.
These days I think it’s just whomever draws their end first.

A little change of musical pace from my club days.

1 Like

Really not man. I played 90 games of classic over the past few days. You have some mini-c0mbos, but it is never certain death. You can both run out of resources and then just sit topdecking for a few turns, eventually stabbing eachother with 3/2’s for a few turns … ← thats the old days.

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t see things like that happen these days.
Now it’s just tread water 'til you get your kill play.

I loved the music video you just linked. I have never seen the clip. It’s very interesting, the clothing hints at the late 80’s with pants being slightly puffy around the (upper leg) for no good reason. That was when house music took over, this has always been so very much stronger in EU than US, different worlds really. So I have edited out the most stupid stuff I wrote here intially because this is actually from '92. Anyway, appreciated.

1 Like

I loved Sophie back in the day:)
here’s another from a little bit earlier that I was into as well.

Haha, this song was VERY popular in NL. In opposite to the previous song everyone will know this in NL. It was big. Very. Next to this we had our own bands trying to speak English back in those days. 2Unlimited was huge, massive in the charts. They dominated it. I still like their personalities. Very ncie people.

2 Likes

A great song and I have no idea what it is really about or why?

I don’t know. I think we all just “heck yeah!” and never really know why?

3 Likes

Here’s my tear-jerker submission.

Tim’s vocal delivery in Don’t Take The Girl comes close making the song into a tear jerker. It’s a very sweet song. When I went to add this song to one of my Country playlists, I was surprised to see that My Maria was also already on the list.

Country used to be my least favorite genre out of the big genres of music, but it’s slowly grown on me over the last decade.

If we are going to start posting sweet & sad country songs, I will begin with this one: