Open All Packs button

You obviously don’t even begin to understand the basics of addictive behaviour.

Opening 100 packs 100 times is far more exciting to an addict than one big blow out, this is the first thing I pulled up in a search without even trying is a paper on gambling and neurochemicals. Try it, it is really easy.

And your point 3 shows your ignorance on a current subject that GLOBAL governments are concerned about and are looking to legally deem loot boxes as GAMBLING, some people care about under 18s gambling even if you don’t.

So, Halo 572, you can only open like, 225 packs (rough estimate) until you have a complete set in hearthstone. This is not comparable to a FarmVille type game, or slots. There is a cap on how much you can spend before having the cards you need, and it’s not that high (from the bundle pre-purchase number)

You mentioned opening “100 packs 100 times”, that isn’t remotely reasonable within the context of this game.

I want this so bad. It is a total pita and waste of time doing it one by one.

2 Likes

You misunderstood - you open 100 packs, which is 100 hits of serotonin/dopamine.

I didn’t mean 100 x 100.

Which translates into rather a larger buzz than opening 100 packs in one click.

If someone is trying to open packs for legendaries/epics they will carry on until they get them, driven by ‘it will be in this pack this time’.

The mechanic is not aimed at those who find it a chore, it is aimed at those who can’t help themselves to open pack after pack long after they should have stopped.

When the fun stops, stop - as the UK gambling sector likes to pretend to push.

I get no joy from opening packs one by one. A simple “open all packs” button would be a godsend and a much needed break for my spacebar. Just give me a digest of what I got, and tell me how many packs it was since my last legendary. That’s all the information I need.

2 Likes

One follow-up idea to this (as I open the Holiday bundle): If I’m going to be forced to open the packs one-by-one, could we allow the card-backs to be random, so I can at least enjoy seeing some variety during the chore?

Edit for clarity: Random as in, each pack has a different card back, when you have random selected as your option. Currently the first pack is assigned a random card back, then every pack has that same card back

Interesting read while I open 100 packs of the latest expansion. I think I have RSI coming on. Thanks for the tip on buying in bulk with gold though… I have 50k that I just could not face buying one at a time.

1 Like

I was so annoyed that i even developed a small app which dies constantly press space for me…

Oooo. Mind sharing!!??

Nvm - EDIT/UPDATE/ALERT! - I found one also! - This download work perfectly (for client version, not mobile). Can’t recommend enough! massive time saver! Search “Mac Auto Key Presser” in google (windows link at bottom of mac page) - I can’t share URL here, but that should get you there.

Macro recorders are much easier to use and have been around for decades. There are many, but here is one. All you do is hit record and do the task you want. It remembers the task, and you let it repeat. Just go to macrorecorder followed by the most common website extension.

Do you have a degree in psychology? Just asking because you seem quite confident and correcting someone else’s opinion by calling it misunderstanding. Not fully agreeing with you doesn’t mean that they are misunderstanding you. The addiction principle only applies when a person is seeking a specific stimulus. Forcing people through an unwanted stimulus does not activate dopamine receptors or cause someone to develop addiction to the specific stimulus. In other words, yes, the way packs unfold “can be” reinforcing for some people, but it will not do the same for others, which makes the other user’s point quite valid.

I do have a Msc. In Psychology, more specifically in work & organizational psychology. And the addictive part is very real and true. Simple 101 skinner, operative conditioning. And please add an unpack all please. I really do not have the time to unpack. Or I would enjoy the game more without unpacking. Thank you.

200+ packs to go, sigh

Every expansion i buy packs with all my gold. Then after i open all of those i keep buying with reward gold untill i get a Legendary again. Then i stop and start collect for the next expansion/miniset.

You usualy get most of the stuff you want except for some legendaries. (This opening was 100+ packs and the worst legendaries in the entire set)

Every time I open a bulk of packs i look up this topic to see where we stand. Luckily i have a keyboard i can program macros with so i made one that presses the space bar once a second. As others have mentioned though… it still takes forever. I just bought two bundles totaling 130 packs. With my macro running Ive gone to the bathroom (#2), researched this on my phone (because my computer is tied up pressing the space bar), and have now written this post (on my small iPhone keyboard)…. and i still have 30 packs to go. Absurd.

WE DID IT!!! REJOICE

“Bug Fixes and Game Improvements
You can now hold down the Spacebar to continuously open packs.”

Unfortunately this isn’t going to be working in time for Nathria, as there was a bug with it mentioned on the 24.0 Known Issues post. But it should be fixed well before the expansion after Nathria.

I can’t find that bug anywhere:

¿?

SPACEBAR works wonders

1 Like

LFG!!! We did it!!! :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: