Open All Packs button

Hey Blizzard & Friends, As a big pack buyer, I have only one complaint…opening packs during a new expansion is a TERRIBLE experience, and time drain. Especially for veteran players. Please, please add an “open all packs” button for time-efficiency. There’s no value in doing 100 packs 1 by 1, when you already know the cards pre-expansion. I would buy more, and spend more time playing the actual game this way. - You could still watch them open, but the clicking of all the buttons is very old-school at this point. Please consider this, as it is the number one reason I might quick (too much work at upcoming expansion). Thanks!

EDIT/UPDATE/ALERT! - This download work perfectly (for client version, not mobile). Can’t recommend enough! massive time saver! Search “Mac Auto Key Presser” in google (windows link at bottom of mac page) - I can’t share URL here, but that should get you there.

33 Likes

I wanted a feature like that for a long time.

There are players (my wife, for exemple) who enjoy putting the pack on the slot, watch it open, hover all 5 cards with the mouse to check the color that hides behind, then click the cards one by one (in order of color rarity). I used to do that when i started playing, but it quickly became boring. Now, opening packs became a chore at every expansion.

5 Likes

I would have thought this is part of the gambling psychology.

It fulfils the reward mechanism in the brain and compels you to keep trying.

Not that I am suggesting there is anything inherently shady about it.

Oh look, global governments are looking at regulating loot boxes in games as they consider them the same as gambling, not that that is in any way related to this thread.

3 Likes

This is exactly why I don’t expect it to be changed.

But I still agree with the OP and support their call for an “Open all packs” button. I spent 20 or so minutes yesterday pressing the space bar to open my 131 packs so I could get to actually play the game asap. I also had the volume turned to 0 so the game wouldn’t totally annoy me with “Rare” “Rare” “Golden Common” “Rare” etc.

3 Likes

That would be a legit reason, after all, as any business thier purpose is to make money and i will never blame them for that. It’s very common for big company to hire or at least consult psychologist to find ways to sell more without letting the custommer feel manipulated.

What they could do though is make an option to automatically open all packs that does NOT contain an Epic and/or a Legendary. These packs are borring and often just means more dust to those who buy alot of packs. However, the packs that contain epics/legendaries are the packs that triggers the reward mechanism, and manually opening them one after the other would make me want to buy more without the “Ohh no, not 60+ dust packs to open again…”

Interesting theory, but not sure it’s a worthy reason to scrap the feature. A few reasons:

1. Once the packs are assigned, you have no control on the outcome
  2. How is it any different than opening the packs manually, yourself? It’s all the same sound effects and graphics
  3. The United States has 15 states with legal sports betting and counting…I can’t speak for other country’s cultures, but honestly don’t think anyone will care about this soon…

Not having this button really prevents me from buying more packs, and adds a “dread” feeling to new expansion days, when I should instead be excited to dive in and play with the new cards…

That and also let us buy more than one pack at a time with gold.

1 Like

They could go a similar route with MtG Arena, where when you open in groups (I think it’s 10 at a time) they only show you the higher quality cards you got, not the commons. So perhaps in HS, you open 10 and they just show you any epics/legendaries that you got or something.

If they do that, it might also be interesting if there was a counter on the side somewhere that listed the potential dust gained from any duplicate cards you get.

1 Like

"That and also let us buy more than one pack at a time with gold."

NOTE: You actually already CAN do this ^^^ …but it’s a bit hidden.

When clicking on the “1 Pack - 100 gold” button, double click it, then you can edit the pack number in a new pop up. It took a friend showing me to figure this out as well…HUGE time save, but yes, v hidden.

4 Likes

I really hope they make it easier for new players to know that. Right now, the only way to get that knowledge is to randomly see a post like yours on a forum, or watch a streamer do it.

People ask for QoL changes on a daily basis, yet they do nothing. However, they have this one thing that is would be seen as a major QoL to alot of players, but they hide it behind an unintuitive double-click. Go figure…

2 Likes

Games do nothing because half of any games intention is to get you/keep you addicted. That way you are spending the maximum money you will on THEIR game.

Thank you for the info. I would never discover this on my own.

2 Likes

Blizzard please read this thread! You’ve taken care of 2 of the most arduous parts of Physical CCG’s - the card sorting after opening packs AND being able to use cards in multiple decks at the same time. Please eliminate the last burden of a physical card game & give us a button to open multiple packs at once. Opening 100-200 packs with each expansion takes 30+min to do for NO GOOD REASON.
Now being greedy - love a stats screen that shows the # of legendaries obtained, # of missing cards for each rarity, stuff like that.
Not just when you open cards - something available all the time.
Gotta believe it’d be a helpful driver for completionists. (Oh yeah gold card stats too - even though I dust all I get.)

Blockquote Blizzard please read this thread! You’ve taken care of 2 of the most arduous parts of Physical CCG’s - the card sorting after opening packs AND being able to use cards in multiple decks at the same time. Please eliminate the last burden of a physical card game & give us a button to open multiple packs at once. Opening 100-200 packs with each expansion takes 30+min to do for NO GOOD REASON.
Now being greedy - love a stats screen that shows the # of legendaries obtained, # of missing cards for each rarity, stuff like that.
Not just when you open cards - something available all the time.
Gotta believe it’d be a helpful driver for completionists. (Oh yeah gold card stats too - even though I dust all I get.)

Great points all around here. The stats would also help with sharing/virality, and be in the fun spirit of comparing pack findings with your friends on opening day.

They do tell you about this feature ingame.

But only the first time you enter the shop with a decent amount of gold (I believe the threshold is 1000 gold) and I expect most players just click through the popup without paying much attention.

We are still waiting for AUTO-SQUELCH option … and you are talking about this not so important feature xD

2 Likes

You obviously don’t even begin to understand the basics of addictive behaviour.

Opening 100 packs 100 times is far more exciting to an addict than one big blow out, this is the first thing I pulled up in a search without even trying is a paper on gambling and neurochemicals. Try it, it is really easy.

And your point 3 shows your ignorance on a current subject that GLOBAL governments are concerned about and are looking to legally deem loot boxes as GAMBLING, some people care about under 18s gambling even if you don’t.

So, Halo 572, you can only open like, 225 packs (rough estimate) until you have a complete set in hearthstone. This is not comparable to a FarmVille type game, or slots. There is a cap on how much you can spend before having the cards you need, and it’s not that high (from the bundle pre-purchase number)

You mentioned opening “100 packs 100 times”, that isn’t remotely reasonable within the context of this game.

I want this so bad. It is a total pita and waste of time doing it one by one.

2 Likes

You misunderstood - you open 100 packs, which is 100 hits of serotonin/dopamine.

I didn’t mean 100 x 100.

Which translates into rather a larger buzz than opening 100 packs in one click.

If someone is trying to open packs for legendaries/epics they will carry on until they get them, driven by ‘it will be in this pack this time’.

The mechanic is not aimed at those who find it a chore, it is aimed at those who can’t help themselves to open pack after pack long after they should have stopped.

When the fun stops, stop - as the UK gambling sector likes to pretend to push.