Nothing special for HS at Blizzcon…

I am Uber disappointed. After all four years, they announced nothing but the expansion we all knew before the Blizzcon…

4 Likes

What were you expecting other than that ?
They still announced battlegrounds duo and those 50 cards packs
Big updates for hearthstone always happen with the first expansion of a format rotation anyway so late march/early april

2 Likes

Well, considering you were the one questioning whether HS will be present at Blizzcon at all, it is still good, right?
Hearthstone is not included at Blizzcon 2023?! - Multiplayer Discussion - Hearthstone Forums (blizzard.com)

3 Likes

Battlegrounds Duos IS something special for Hearthstone. Opening post claim is objectively false.

4 Likes

opinions vary.

20char

1 Like

It’s not opinion, it’s fact.

I think that you and Dio both have cases of what I like to call Not-yet-itis. Let me give you an example. I don’t like the state of California. When I find a Californian complaining about pretty much anything online, my usual reply is to advise them to move somewhere that doesn’t suck. I would be very happy if California declared its independence from the US; I’d say good riddance. But whether I like it or not, California is currently one of the 50 states of the United States of America. I might have the opinion that it shouldn’t be, but the fact is that it is.

Battlegrounds IS a part of Hearthstone, no less than Standard or Wild are. Fact. Doesn’t matter how you feel about it.

1 Like

What the op said was that he didn’t hear anything he didn’t already know about.
He expressed disappointment.
You have a different view and are excited for battlegrounds.
Like I said: Opinions vary.
Excitement is a judgement call and purely subjective.
What I find exciting will almost certainly differ from what you do.

Incidentally. I love CA. My favorite Blue State.
(Well, 2nd fave. I live in WA State)

3 Likes

A drop of water is nothing special against the sea that it could have been.

Stop taking everything too literally, I am sure you can understand what he means when he says that there was nothing special.

Something being special to someone is completely subjective.
You can’t just say he is wrong for believing so and he never claimed that he was objectively right either.

Look at this:

Key word: I am

How exactly is he wrong here, it’s his own opinion

3 Likes

Duo BG is something new they never talked about before.

OP said they didn’t announce anything but the new expansion.

It’s fine if he isn’t excited about the news but to claim they didn’t announce anything but the new expansion is simply incorrect.

4 Likes

I stand corrected after re reading the Op.
I’m not excited either.
After ten years I am convinced this game team has no truly new ideas left.

2 Likes

I am also disappointed BUT they specifically talked about the big 10 years anniversary coming up in april.

I have hopes they will announce something great we’ve never seen before. But I suppose i’ll be left disappointed, as always.

3 Likes

Idk, this is news to me, and it does make me hopeful.
10 years is a big threshold.
Maybe us OG players will get a card back marking Our incredible devotion to this disgustingly busted, yet strangely compelling game:)

Started in October 2013, so over 10 years now:)

1 Like

Will now be awaiting Cestea’s response to you

3 Likes

In before “battlegrounds doesn’t count”

1 Like

I’m alot more excited to hear they are gonna’ do something to celebrate ten years.
Here’s hoping they don’t cheap out like usual.

They’re going to announce hearthstone 2 a coin flip simulator.

2 Likes

Which could have been teased at blizzcon. It close enough they have an idea of what’s coming.

If bgs, a sub mode, and stuff for people who aren’t currently playing is the most they could whip up when they had months to prepare…it doesn’t speak well for the future of the game.

At least they could have announced where the two event only titans signatures they still owe everyone are.

bgs. For those wanting something for current hearthsone players, opening post claim is sadly, objectively true.

On today’s episode of “reading internet posts!”

: D

I mean, even californians don’t like california. I think that’s something we could all agree on. Wait a second, did you just bring the entire forums together?!

Are we about to hold hands and sing a happy song?

Oh well…mal, you silly contrarian you.

: P

And coming from the same company that literally let the “BIGGEST PATCH EVAR!” talk for wow go on for ages when it was just twitter and selfies, and completely made a mess of wow’s won ten year event (and to this day never fixed it) they really don’t have alot of trust. Especially with the super nebulous “trust us guise.” Because they could have generated the hype RIGHT THERE. That’s what blizzcon is for.

I mean, wow players got a giant ugly orc statue (boo). For those of us who have been here since the beginning of hearthstone), we should get an equally large garish hearthstone cardback (legend) to place on the shelf.

Also, this.

1 Like

good point. Let me expand that idea for Blizzard.

And what have been all the big announcements wev’e had for the game in the past years ?

• 2019 : new mode : Battlegrounds
  • 2020 : new mode : Duels
  • 2020 : new class : Demon Hunter
  • 2021 : new Hearthstone feature : Core set
  • 2021 : new mode : Mercenaries
  • 2021 : new sub mode : classic
  • 2022 : new class : Death Knight
  • 2023 new sub mode : Twist
  • 2024 new sub mode : Battlegrounds duo

Asking again, what would have people been expecting ?

1 Like

Something that I find confusing is why did they not announce the new expansion at Blizzcon? I would of loved to have even more excitement at the event.

2 Likes