Not getting Event Quests - EU

Didn’t get a quest on the 29th, but did get one on the 30th… No clue why

Same thing happened to me as well, even though I rerolled. Friends of mine, however, got the quests on the 29th.

same here, not get it :frowning:

I got the opposite problem: I got the event quest, but didn’t get a normal quest.

This morning (the 30th) I got an event quest, but that’s the only quest I got today.

I think the deal is, we don’t get a second, special quest, the way we did e.g. when Descent launched; instead, our one daily quest pays extra rewards (gold plus dust). So since I didn’t reroll my existing quest yesterday, I didn’t get a Lunar Festival quest until today.

Yesterday I did not receive a Lunar Year quest (only a regular one) and today I didn’t receive a regular quest (only a Lunar Year one). From what I’ve seen, I was supposed to get both on both days, so I guess my game’s also bugged.

I’ve also had issues with quests on my Americas account. I only received the “play 5 1 cost minions” quest on this server today. On EU I have received three Lunar Year quests so far: play 20ish turns, play 25ish spells and play 5 1 cost minions.

Anathemos is correct.

The quests we got at the launch of Descent of Dragons (and previously for other expansions as well) were a chain of special, extra quests that unlocked once per day, or later after completing the prior quest. You could not get them through re-rolling a normal quest, and re-rolling such a special quest (and ignoring the subsequent warning) would result in a normal quest, and breaking the chain and hence missing later special quests too.

The quests we get during the Lunar New Year celebration are (sort of) normal, daily quests. You can reroll them and you will get a new Lunar quest. You can reroll an older normal quest (if you still have one) and you will get a new Lunar quest.
So Lunar New Year replaces the normal daily quest by alternative quests that give higher rewards and that are (generally) easier to complete.

2 Likes

I haven’t received the quest on EU server☹️

I’ll leave it for the record here that I missed out on an event quest yesterday.

And if I read the blog post correctly, there are only eight Lunar New Year quests. So if you reroll a normal quest and get a Lunar quest, that doesn’t mean you get more dust than you would have–it just means you work your way through the eight quests that much faster. (If you reroll a Lunar quest and get a different Lunar quest, that probably means you miss out on some dust, since you threw away one of your eight Lunar quests.)

OutOfCards did some datamining, and it looks like these are the eight quests we’ll get. I don’t know if they come in a specific order, my first quest was A Magical Year but the screenshot in that Reddit thread showed two different quests.

https://outof.cards/hearthstone/728-lunar-new-year-returns-to-hearthstone-datamined-bundle-daily-quests-new-brawl

• Looking Forward - Take 15 turns.
    • Rewards: 60 Gold & 60 Dust
  • Honor One’s Elders - Take 25 turns.
    • Rewards: 100 Gold and 100 Dust
  • First of the Year - Play 5 minions that cost 1.
    • Rewards: 60 Gold and 60 Dust.
  • Good Fortune - Draw 15 cards.
    • Rewards: 60 Gold and 60 Dust
  • New Year’s Blessings - Draw 25 cards.
    • Rewards: 100 Gold and 100 Dust
  • A Magical Year - Play 20 spells.
    • Rewards: 60 Gold and 60 Dust
  • Magical Revelries - Play 35 spells.
    • Rewards: 100 Gold & 100 Dust
  • Dragon-Fireworks! - Play 3 Dragons
    • Rewards: 80 Gold and 80 Dust

These quests are not like the quest chain we are often given at the start of an expansion, and sometimes at other special moments.
The Lunar New Year festival replaces the “normal” daily quests with this list of eight “special” daily quests. Every day you get one of those eight, chosen randomly. And if you reroll, you get another of the remaining seven.

It worked the same during the 2019 Lunar New Year festival, and during the 2018 Taverns of Time festival. See https://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Quest#Lunar_New_Year.

1 Like

Adding my account to the list that did not receive an event quest yesterday (NA).

Did you get a quest today? (Did you have an open slot?)

The situation seems to be, if you logged in Wednesday before the Festival started (10 AM Pacific, I think), you got a standard quest, instead of a Lunar quest. But you’d get a Lunar quest when you logged in today, as long as you had an open quest slot.

Hello, I contacted customer service and they forwarded me to this page, telling me in hindsight they can’t do anything about the issue. I have the same problem as the previous gentlemen on both, EU and NA. Haven’t received an additional Lunar New Year’s quest which is essentially a 80g/80 dust net loss on average (taking into account the cumulated amount of gold divided by 8).

How can this matter be resolved?

It was incredibly stupid of Blizzard to add this quest after a lot of people already completed the first chapter, and not have it work retroactively. It’s easily completed in 1 hour and they should know this. And then they expect us to buy the new pack for 20$?

It wouldn’t suprise me if I get a quest to complete chapter 2 tomorrow, after completing it today. Didn’t realize there would be more quests like this until I read this topic.

1 Like

Please do not bump unrelated threads from 5 months ago. There is a much more popular thread about this exact issue you are experiencing.

Also, Blizz is aware and a fix is on the way:

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/status/1273370942094274561

Edit: there is no quest for chapter 2. The next Legendary quest in the chain will be next week when the challenges for that adventure open.

I can’t do the New Year mission on February 10th.Please, help me.

Please create new threads rather than reactivating ancient threads about a very different issue.
Also, be more specific. Do you have a quest that does not progress? If so, what quest (copy the complete text). Do you not have a quest you expected? If so, please keep in mind that a lot of players already got and completed the New Year quests two weeks ago when they accidentally were released ahead of schedule.

Alguien más tiene el problema con las misiones legendarias que estarían disponibles del 9 al 23 de Febrero, yo juego desde mi móvil y no me han aparecido en todos estos días.
Por favor necesito ayuda