New Technology Idea

I would like to propose a new technology idea to implement to Hearthstone that would save the game. It is called “Custom Ranked” mode, in it you will be able to choose from 10 different Years/Eras of Hearthstone as the game was back then . It is a complex New Technology I know it will be extremely difficult to implement but I believe if they can do it, the game will be saved. Because then basically anyone can play their favorite Year/Era of Hearthstone and it will “matter” because it will be a ranked mode but really it’s just a better way to be able to actually want to play the game the way they want. Instead of the massive Wilderness of Wild or the Buy New Cards of Standard we would get Classic again to all those who want it, Naxx/GvG, a beloved time, BRM/TGT/LoE, WOG/Kara/MSG, and on through the years, all with their own ranked modes that players get to pick. It even solves the issue of players not playing the game because they’ve completed quests or whatnot, because there would ALWAYS be something to do that is DIFFERENT and which “matters” because it has ranked (but of course it’s really just for player-centric fun and enjoyment of the game). If they can find it in them to implement this dangerous and complicated technology one day, I think Hearthstone might be saved.

The technology is extremely simple; it’s only a matter of a good Dev spending an afternoon making a few conditionals; that’s not the problem.

The problem is that you won’t have many gamers in your custom ladder; the current non-Standard seem thin enough; it might be 10% that.

I’d rather they made something better than Arena in place of Arena; make it less random; e.g. start with a 15 synergy-cards collection.

And when 1000% of historical players return to the game to play their favorite era of Hearthstone…what is 10% of 1000%?

Most of the players who liked Hearthstone so much still play, and most of those who left never wanted to continue no matter what.

Hearthstone was a novelty for ~2 years so people who never liked it too much played anyway since it was in the WoW news.

I am literally a player who played daily for 10 years and has recently stopped cold turkey no intention of coming back unless they implement such a thing as I am suggesting. How can I be in both categories which you talk about? And the perfect example as to how you are wrong? It’s kinda incredible and I thank you for proving how great my idea is and I appreciate your support for bringing back the game to its best days for all players at all times. Thank you