New Patch notes

Lol no.

I figured that they wouldn’t nerf Dragon Druid, even though they should have. I’m actually pleasantly surprised that they hit Enrage Warrior and Rainbow Mage but leaving Reno Shaman and Paladin alone is an oof.

I sense a great disturbance in the Light. It’s as if a million paladin mains have become J Jonah Jameson laughing at Peter Parker.

If only I have privileges to link the vid…

No, it’s paladin fact.

It’s simply a fact that paladins are better than you (by you I mean most other classes)

Because it’s a fact that what paladins focus on (curve out, build board, win tempo, go face) is the most straight forward way to win in HS. It’s the “arena deck” (yes yes I’m sure even arena decks can end up more interesting than paladin, I’m just going with the stereotype here :joy:). It’s basically what you’d have to do if minions do not have text and spells/weapons are limited to very simple effects like “deal X damage (and that’s it)”

Paladin is the “normal” way to play HS. Other classes deviate from the norm. They try to do more with spells. They want to “bank” tempo/value by ramping or using combos or overload. They have outcast. They have rune systems. They cut themselves or discard or kill their own minions for more power. They require specific tribal synergies. They’re a priest. etc

So it isn’t some external privilege that is helping paladins win more. It’s the internal basic facts of life (HS) that help paladins win more.

It’s like if this is a race, paladin is the one who’s going in a straight line, as fast as they can. Other classes try to be fancy, throttling at different speeds, weaving and curving around, running/driving backwards, etc.

Heck, it’s more like if this is a game of staying healthy. Paladin is the one who eats proper meals, liquids, and gets plenty of rest. While the other classes just… like… don’t do that.

The laws of physics/logic aren’t privileges. They’re just facts.

…cue the people who used to say paladins are ones triggered over facts become triggered in 3… 2…

1 Like

Meh, guess I will focus on Bgs more than standard until the next patch. Still waiting for em to do something with rogues new package l, cause it is absolutely horrible.

Rogue is like priest right now in a way, a bunch of old archetypes still playable but that’s about it.

Priest has a lot of good cards, no doubt. What they lack is an endgame (other than fatigue) . That’s the win condition right now and it’s not enough. They need a purified shard type card to be competitive at this point.

They really nerfed Enrage Warrior, one of the only decks that plays favorably against meta tyrant Paladin, without touching Paladin? Lol ok.

Time for a break from this game.

4 Likes
1 Like

It would be nice if the cards priest got weren’t all just removals, sustain, and copy /thief cards.

At this point blizz can’t even give priest a definitive win condition card, because you wouldn’t be able to possibly kill them before it went off.

They can’t quite drag you to fatigue, but they can make games go long.

3 Likes

uh priest isnt doing that well lately next you are going to sa y the same about DH

…and there’s one person who got triggered so much that they can’t have anything but post a meme vid as an insult :joy:

…and he has the gall to call somebody else’s post a manifesto when his own reports on skill (which he has no problem self promoting :joy:) are much longer with much more number crunching :joy:

2 Likes

I prefer the term “connected to reality” but “number crunching” will do just fine.

I mean, just the very fact that you think that your class, which like all their classes is a minority of the players, is the normal, is an expression of the privilege conferred upon you by the developers.

To be fair i against paladin nerfs this time.

As people learn a little more just put a bunch of status on board starts to be trivial.
It’s like they live in an eternal tutorial level without being able to do a nothing than put status on the board regarding standard decks.

It’s kinda funny how miserable they are when they hit their plateau and can’t really procede to higher ranks because they didn’t learn anything and people did stop getting panic attacks against walls of status.

Also people like to play against paladins more than to the rest of the game so i’m happy enough with the order in court nerf alone.

They should have atleast removed scorpion from excavation reward for rogue. more than reward it is a hinderence for rogue after all.

But no they didn’t do anything at all for priest or rogue and they nerfed some warrior deck which I don’t even face on ranked at all.

When I said Paladin privilege, I wasn’t referring to curve playing. I was referring to the fact that Paladin has more deck styles that are viable than anyone else. The privilege is that Paladin has more usable decks that are relevant than any other class ever in HS history.

You can play aggro. You can play highlander. You can play Earthen Paladin. You can play Pure Paladin. They’re all good and they aren’t all curve stone like you say. They’re good because Paladin cards are almost always good and they get more to work with than most any other class.

Paladin is the safest class to play over time. There’s rarely any meta where they aren’t relevant compared to any other class. That’s the privilege. And yes, you are right, that’s the fact.

2 Likes

And sludge warlock.

Sludge warlock is a legitimate deck. You don’t need the excavates at all. I’ve tried sludge with curses, sludge with excavates, sludge with discards, and sludge with imps.

Just run the fatigue imps, crescendo, (which is fel so it gets lifesteal with the sludge legendary), and you can play against most decks. Defile is clutch against paladins and hunters, along with the 3 mana ping storm. Defile into sludge on wheels and forge of wills into waste remover is often game over.

1 Like

Of course you do. Most people who want to write about what they think is true, like to think what they write is true!

::surprised pikachu face:: /s

I think what I wrote is connected to reality too! The difference between you and me is I am more tolerant to yours without resorting to insults. And I’m factually correct on which of our posts describing reality was longer and took more time/work.

It’s not what I think. I’m just, as you might say, sticking to reality.

(and it’s not “my” class but I’ll caulk that up to short hand since I think I used similar language above)

It’s simply reality that if we take away all the fancy mechanics that come from text on cards, the basic - normal - gameplay of HS is about the curve, plain stats, trading, and hitting face.

This has nothing to do with which class you or I play or like to play. It’s just reality.

This on the other hand isn’t connected to reality.

The idea of “privilege” itself is a subjective feeling. Maybe you can say your feeling is real, but what you feel about what is privilege, or fair, or fun, etc is just, like, your opinion man.

In reality, there can only be one set of game rules in (standard) HS. And in reality, there can only be one class that follows the rules the best (that is, if different classes are not carbon copies of each other, one class will inevitably be “better” than another).

Almost 10 years ago (feeling old yet?) they could have swapped all the pally class with another class and renamed/reskinned them. Say instead of recruits it’s a 1/1 beast for hunters, 1/1 elementals for mage, etc. This new hunter/mage/whatever would be the ones dump trucking everyone throughout the metas.

Or they completely take out the paladin class and their cards, but then it just means the next best class becomes the best performing, and you can call them privileged.

…is a result of them adhering to the basic rules of HS.

First, I wasn’t talking about specific decks, but paladin class as a whole and what it’s about.

Second, I said curve out, not curve stone. There’s a difference, at least by my understanding.

Curve stone is playing 1 drop on 1, 2 drop on 2, etc. Curve out means you spend all your mana every turn. Doesn’t have to be one card that expends all your mana (hopefully in a way that maximizes board/tempo/value/etc).

Not all paladin decks curve stone, but most paladin decks curve out. The class don’t ramp or jank as much as other classes (again, overall, there are exceptions of course), so they can’t afford to relax or give up some turns and then hope to explode and catch up later.

Even as Earthen or Highalnder, you want those 1 drops and boogie down on early game if you have them. Even these decks stick to the basic way to win in HS: build a bigger board than the opponent and hit face.

And because all these and most other paladin decks stick to the basics, they perform well.

A privilege that stems from the fundamental rules of HS. That’s why I say it’s just fact.

Nerfs will not change this fact. You’d probably have to change the fundamental rules of standard HS, or somehow “rework” paladins to focus on something else (seeing the job they did with “rework” on priest years back, good luck).

Classic Blizzard.

Very funny balance patch, I actually laughed.

I think sludge warlock could be a legitimate deck if they buffed some of the warlock discard cards. The sludge seems to pair most naturally with the warlock discard package… but the warlock discard package is just awful to the point where I dont think anyone remembers the cards are still in standard.

Mabye the ‘after worlds’ patch with their ‘adventurous’ buffs or whatever.

Also while the while the sludge on wheels needed an attack buff I think it also needed a health buff. I find a lot of sludge warlock fails because its almost too hard to have sludges in the deck a lot of the time which makes that 4 mana 7/7 a ‘destroy 1/10th of your deck and get instantly removed next turn’ which is pretty awful

1 Like

Yeah, I played around with this a lot. It’s not worth giving up defile and crescendo, and it’s my luck even with 3 sludges in hand it always hits the one card you’re not supposed to discard. I suppose they could buff sludges to 1 mana if they wanted to make that archetype work.

Completely out of touch with the game you are.

2 Likes

Sif still not touched. Amazing lack of insight.