New Patch notes

Dont understand why paladin needs nerfs when 4 other classes are performing far better than them. Warrior, mage, hunter, even rogue diamond +.

Last nerf put paladin in line hard core.

Far from a meta tyrant. Class is not even seen at legend level of play.

The nerfs and buffs seem inconsequential. Paladin and druid not nerfed, rogue still badā€¦
Unfun and uninteractive cards like sif, reno, theotar are still not touchedā€¦iā€™m not sure what the changes even were for xD

does anyone know how discard rng works? specifically i mean does each instance of a card get considered? or, is it like theotarā€™s discover and copies arenā€™t counted?

I expect nothing from this developer team anymoreā€¦ they are killed this game for goodā€¦ the only thing we can hope in is the card rotation next yearā€¦

source?
20 characteres

Yoda reference that was :smiley:

Well they did say there will be another patch after worlds so i gues if anything becomes too dominant they could adress it i tink this patch was more for worlds they did say its to make worlds exiting.

Maybe in the patch after worlds there might be buffs to other classes too.

Personally, I donā€™t know, but it seems like copies arenā€™t considered (could be my negativity bias tho).

I also donā€™t know if the ā€œdiscard two xā€ cards do it iteratively or simultaneously. But I suppose one can test that one easily enough.

When 8/10 games are paladin (d5-legend), the meta is clearly balanced and nerfing enrage warrior and not paladin was the way to go.

HUH!!?!??!

SINCE PATCH:

Can someone, ANYONE, tell me why so many people (are they Paladin players?) are in complete denial that the class is absolute bonkers good AND controlling the meta? If there has EVER been a meta where ONE CLASS is a TYRANT, itā€™s THIS META. Itā€™s undeniable.

Why are so many players in denial?

Not seen at Legend!?
Other classes are beating it!?

WTF IS GOING ON?

6 Likes

Literally only warrior was for sure true. Mage and shaman were about tied. Definitely not Hunter or rogue.

Over 13% of top 1000 legend. Breathtakingly levels of confident ignorance.

1 Like

Help me man. Help me understand why people donā€™t want to admit or talk about the state of Paladin.

They believe that since order in the court nerf, Paladin just died out or something. If anything, it got better somehow. Itā€™s dominating.

Do we live in some magical fantasy land where everyone is just pretending Paladin is in an ok position and that itā€™s not strong?

All I see on these boards nowadays is how Paladin is perfectly fine, it feels fine to lose against, itā€™s not that strong, etc etc. What in the actual hell is going on? Are these boards just FLOODED with Paladin mains who refuse to admit reality?

4 Likes

So their wincon is boredom? They win because people concede?

Looking at what cards I have and got, paladin is far and away easiest for me to build a competitive deck with. Theyā€™ve got unrivaled class cards by a very large margin. You can basically just slap a decent curve of class cards in a deck and win games at lower ranks right now. Basic knowledge of deck building will give you a reasonable shot at climbing, and I donā€™t think any other class is close to that level of quality.

I hate this card. Only thing worse is the DK one that just goes off until the board is clear or you run out of corpses.

2 Likes

Youā€™re 100% right. No other class has anywhere near as many decks as Paladin has right now that are viable. Not even DK, a class meant to have 4 styles of play at all times. And itā€™s because all of Paladinā€™s cards are so good and overperforming. If you look at the 4 decks Paladin has at Tier 1 and 2, itā€™s a huge variety of Paladin cards. Itā€™s not like itā€™s just 4 aggro decks. They can play their Highlander style, they can play the Deathrattle rez Earthen Paladin deck, they can play their Pure Paladin cards, they can play their Silverhand Recruit swarm deck, they can play their new board clears, their card buffs and auras, everything.

And people on these boards are going to try to act as if Paladin isnā€™t the top class. Itā€™s crazy.

And then you have people who will try to gaslight you and tell you nothing is wrong with the class. ā€œonly bad people lose to Paladin because itā€™s traditional HS style playā€ or ā€œno one at legend plays thisā€ or ā€œit doesnā€™t feel bad to lose to Paladin so itā€™s okā€. Weā€™re in the nutty farm over here on these boards right now.

8 Likes

Iā€™m sure people view it as low skill and dumb and what not, but it wins games at all ranks unless the meta aims right tf at it with specific tech to stop specific parts of the decks.

This does not happen enough at lower ranks but happens enough at higher ranks to keep paladin play rates depressed there in most metas.

If paladin has a high rate of play at top 1k, even if the win rate does not look broken, the deck is flat broken. Top 1k has a history of hating paladin decks, so seeing it there with high frequency is a huge red flag regardless of performance.

2 Likes

The weird thing is they nerfed Enrage Warrior and Rainbow Mage, two decks that were basically trying to keep Paladin in check and didnā€™t touch a single Paladin card.

I imagine over the next week, weā€™ll be seeing more and more of Paladin.

2 Likes

I played some paladin and climbed rapidly to gold with what I described above, a reasonable curve of paladin cards slapped together. There is just such rock solid early game that people canā€™t compete. That boogie card is nuts - put ds taunt minions on the board and avoid the face damage cost.

I am going to craft a couple cards and try this dragon druid thing. I have no interest in the highlander version, but the other one seems interesting.

Play it while you can. The taunt dragon that summons copies of itself is the card likely to get nerfed. Didnā€™t you use to play aggro a lot? Imagine if you are an aggro player and a player fills their board with 3/4 taunts (likely 4/5 taunts) on like turn 5. You just lost as aggro immediately Itā€™s worse than a board clear from Priest. You now have to clear which you probably canā€™t because not even aggro gets a 4/5 full board on 5.

Back in the day, you used to have to play a 10 mana card so you can play your 9 mana clowns to get a board full of 4/4s. Druid is now doing that sort of thing on turn 5.

2 Likes

But this is no issue for aggro paladin, they just use that spell that doesnā€™t even kill the minion you stuck it on that does attack damage to everyone.

Amazing.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been trying to get people to understand how stupidly broken that card is. No one has really even talked about it. Paladin used to have a hard time dealing with full boards and couldnā€™t really clear boards that well aside from a 2 card combo. That 1 spell has changed everything. And now they have Prismatic Beam as well which is like a board clear at the same time they dump a huge board with a Sea Giant swarm.

4 Likes