Nerf Scavenging Hyena

They destroyed Flametongue Totem which struggled to find any play (alongside Shaman anyway) even after and during Midrange Shaman era;

Destroy that giggling piece of s*** along with the Hunter’s basics and classics once and for all too, why don’t ya.

1 Like

A 2-mana spell is a consistent win condition in priest decks (Mind Blast), and doesn’t interact with the board, cannot be blocked or negated.

Seems fair and balanced. See where this is going?

I think we should wait until after rotation before needing anything. We haven’t seen the full reveals and we have no idea what is in store for the next metagame. (I have a couple guesses but I’ve also been Salty Sally lately so…)

I think Hyena is fine because it isn’t a guaranteed opening. I’m not promised to have the perfect opener every time I play Hunter that is how it SHOULD be for all the classes.

Blaming the synergy based around Hunter is essentially saying that you want to gut hunter of their beast synergy. What is a Hunter without beasts? Nothing.

Technically, every beast synergistic card contributes to Hyena and visa versa. This is how synergy works.

What deck lists are you running when you face these Hunters? If you post a replay, we would be happy to help you.

2 Likes

who the hell said anything about mind blast being balanced again

Scavenging Hyena probably needs the health increase portion of the buff removed like undertaker, but I think its a tad on the fair side because it costs two mana to play.

1 Like

You remove the HP portion and there’s no reason to play it. At all. Razormaw does the same job, a little less consistently, without sacrificing minions.

Hyena has no immediate impact on the board on its own.

1 Like

Hyena is a strong card but no where near as deserving a nerf. It’s the early game synergy hunter has that makes it strong.

When playing against hunter I am more concerned with Deathstalker Rexaar. Zombie beasts can be random. Against Hyena at least I can play around it by not spreading too much on the board.

Agree.

I think this brawl showcased just how silly people are regarding hyena. My deck was springpaw, timber wolf, hyena, razormaw. They always banned hyena but razormaw was infinitely more devastating.

Hyena requires so much to go right. Razormaw requires one single body alive. And it will absolutely brutalize you.

If it weren’t for scavenging hyena I wouldn’t have beat the lich king with a 42 attack hyena.

1 Like

I agree with you. I think that mind blast should be at least moved to the hall of fame.

Um… “So much”?

1. A beast has to die.
2 Likes

Yeh but they either need a few springpaws or a lnleash the Hounds to really be devastating… Just play around it.

There are occasions when it spirals out of control… That’s the way the cookie crumbles but it definitely isn’t overpowered

If only one beast dies, all you have to deal with is a 4/3. That’s not particularly difficult to beat.

3 Likes

But brah! My greedy deck doesn’t play cards until turn 5!

How am I supposed to be expected to deal with this snowballing little critter!

Oh you played minions I can trade with Springpaws and Hounds? Lolgg gitgud lmao

Its quite the opposite though, the card won’t snowball unless his other minions have something to trade into. This card can on the other hand prevent players from playing anything till turn 5 when they can remove it.

Early snowball cards also increases the early importance of mulligan and draw RNG. By turn 3-5 well balanced decks have at least had a chance to play draw cards or naturally finding their answers. So Im against 1-2 mana snowball minions, they should be reserved for 3 mana and more.

I SAID CARDS, NOT MINIONS.

People, learn to read. Seriously.

1 Like

Cards refer to both spells and minions. And how does that change what I said?

Less @you, more @SgtSoda.

A beast has to die.
This has to be in play.
Enough beasts have to die to bring its up high enough that 2 mana spells wont answer it.
You have to have something to trade into
That something has to also die or it enables trade removal on the hyena
The opponent cannot have hard removal
You have to have lined the entire thing up despite everyone realizing WHY you didnt play out your early game already.

But feel free to pretend that’s all just nothing. Razormaw > hyena.