Nerf Scavenging Hyena

I have my money on hunter and zoo/demonlock being strong decks out of the gate next expansion because history has shown that mid range hunter is a good punisher for unrefined decks.

Hyena hasn’t been that strong until now and the culprit is springpaw. Keep in mind that hunter is losing crackling razermaw, dire mole, DK rexxar, candleshot and flanking strike.

Like with most cards.

Thanks for the pro tips.

Compare that to “what is required for razormaw to punish you?”

A beast in play with attacks available.

So, no, not like most cards. Most cards dont require huge set up or match specific board states (hyena/hounds combo relies on wider boards, which you wont see from priest)

Some cards do require setup. Hyena is just one among many. And, as with all others, that means you can dictate how optimal the play is. The more possible knobs, the more ways you can do so.

This is why they moved away from charge damage so much. And why they’ve steadily changed otk from sheer damage to more demanding win cons. Every step added is a point of interaction made possible (though they’ve routinely failed at actually ADDING cards which touch on those).

Or a Lynx in hand and the mana to play it?

When your talking about nerfing a card that doesn’t really need a nerf “no” is usually a satisfactory answer

Mana Wyrm is on line 2, do you want to speak with it? Oh and Firey War Axe is in the lobby on his way up to talk to you.

Yeah, heck you really have such a low bar for employing razormaw.

Rotation claiming that one is going to severely impact a beast hunter. It’s easily the strongest 2 mana card in their arsenal and contributes much more to the deck than hyena.

If I could ban a single card against my opponent it’s the clear winner to me.

Well, masters call would be first honestly. This is a close second. Hounds 3rd. Hyena isnt even on the list.

It depends on how much more support the beast synergy gets. If every card is as good as good as scavenging hyena, yeah blizzard might need to take action. But hyena isn’t op, it’s just good. While scavenging hyena can be annoying, there are many ways to remove it. If your playing against a hunter, just keep your removals. This right guy is acting like it’s a cancer to the game when in reality, the way to beat hyena is just using common sense and game knowledge.

2 mana 8/5 minion on turn 3

This game is a god damned joke, Hunters are the punchline. Thanks Blizzard and every other worthless Huntermain for killing this game.

This is the kind of quality overexaggeration I’ve come to expect and love here on the forums.

The card has five more days left to be in a killer deck which is losing several teeth upon rotation.

Five.

4 Likes

I recently earned my Hunter golden portrait so…you are most welcome!!! :smirk:

2 Likes

I think he needs nerf because Murloc Warleader was like the same thing
Hyena is probably better

Not the same at all. Murloc warleader have an immediate impact. Its almost like applying bloodlust to a bunch of murloc. If you have 6 murloc in play that’s an immediate 12 additional damage.

Hyena is a 2 mana 2/2 with no impact. If you have a board presence, you need trade them away to buff your hyena instead of going face and the hyena can’t attack until next turn. By then you just need to kill it or stall it with taunt.

It’s losing Springpaw?

Springpaw by itself is not enough to carry Hyena and the deck.

Dire Mole
Crackling Razormaw
Flanking Strile
Candleshot
DK Rexxar

All of the above are also huge factors on the deck’s ability to win matches. Hyena can snowball sometimes, yes, but it is not the sole reasom the deck does so well.

So it still has Springpaw, therefore still broken. Gothca.

Then so is Hex, because it can deal with it without spending extra cards.

Better just get rid of everything.

Tunnel-visioning is not the way to discuss card balance.

2 Likes

Hope you never made the mistake of rolling a 1/1 totem if you are playing Shaman. Or ever using Paladin’s hero power EVER AGAIN.

Stop defending this trash card, it’s breaking the entire class.

Breaking it straight into what, Tier 2?

Might as well call Edwin VanCleef broken because it can be an early high-statted card as well. Same with Mountain Giant.

The fact is that none of these cards are carrying their respective deck into a highly dominant position.

1 Like

Does killing the taunt minion protecting Edwin buff his HP in the proccess? Can a rogue jam a million charge/rush minions into your board to give it a million more HP?