Need a litle help coming back after a long time

So i didnt play since bloody highschool, that mean jade druid era, i logged in again cause of my gf, i spended 20 min claiming stuff i recived i dunno from where, what is the main class to play? Also how i do unlock that dk class it must be bought or??? I have all the cards till jade including both normals and gold and like 100 packs unnopened so i think i can craft any deck is there, also there is any patch expansion or nerf coming up this days??? cause il wait till they settle up

2 Likes

To unlock the DK class, click on “Modes” and select Solo Adventure, and then complete the MotLK Prologue.

How much gold do you have? I would hold off on opening packs until you first have purchased the MotLK: Return to Naxxramas
mini-set for 2k gold to get the most benefit out of the duplicate protection program. You can hold off on buying the Path of Arthas mini-set until you are ready to make a DK deck.

• Path of Arthas contains 26 exclusive Death Knight cards, which cannot be obtained from opening packs.

• Return to Naxxramas contains 38 cards spread out among all 11 classes, plus some neutrals. Since you can obtain these from buying the set or from opening packs or from chest rewards from Arena and ladder prizes, you may not want to open packs until you have bought the set, if you want to get the most benefit out of the duplicate protection policy.

Due to a recent change, Aggro Frost DK is greatly out performing most decks on the Ladder right now, and a cry to nerf the deck has already begun:

https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-256/

I am not even playing Standard right now, and predicting Frost DK to be the next best Tier 1 deck was easy to do:

Aggro Frost DK is one of the cheapest high tier decks to make on the Ladder right now at about 4K dust.

AAECAfHhBASY1ATipAXLpQXMpQUNlrcE9eMEguQEk+QEh/YEtvcEtIAFk4EFkpMFoJkFopkFrqEFnqoFAA==

3 Likes

I just did this. Havent played since like the first expantion. As i stand right now I feel cheated and like I had my time wasted. The stuff going on in this game is so unfair and off the mark im not sure how so many people are ok with it.

1 Like

Standard is as toxic as I have seen it in quite sometime. Frost DK, Unholy DK, and Evolve Shaman are completely broken.

The stuff, like Thaddius, which can be tricked out in the early turns by Evolve Shaman is just ridiculous.

Even the cost of a lot decks is incredible these days. A budget deck that could take you halfway up the ladder used to cost between 2-3k dust. A lot of decks in the top three tiers cost 8k dust or more. Ironically, two of the three best decks, Frost and Unholy DK, are the cheapest to make right now—sort of, if you consider how you go about obtaining the cards needed from the Path of Arthas mini-set.

Aggro Frost Death Knight costs 4000 dust
Aggro Mage costs 5800 dust
Shadow Priest costs 5960 dust
Unholy Death Knight costs 6400 dust
Blood Death Knight costs 6550 dust
Quest Line Druid costs 8920 dust 7680
Imp Warlock costs 8080 dust
Imp Warlock costs 8080 dust
Mine Warlock costs 8920 dust
Evolve Shaman costs 9320 dust
Thief Rogue costs 9280 dust
Pure Paladin costs 9980 dust
Cheap Ramp Druid costs 10060 dust
Galvangar Warrior costs 10120 dust
Fel Demon Hunter 10920 dust
Hero Power Mage costs 11560 dust
Enrage Warrior costs 10120 dust
Renethal Blood Death Knight costs 12440 dust
Undead Priest costs 14880 dust
Big Spell Mage costs 15444 dust

Because I am interested in trying out Frost DK while it’s still relative to the new meta, but I am still 500 gold away from being able buy the new mini-set, I played some games today with Big Spell Mage to get the 2500 Xp quest done, instead of re-rolling it like I usually do.

I may just use Big Spell Mage for a while to earn gold before making a Frost DK deck.

1 Like

what help do you want? the only help is to tell you that you are back in the most sensational and colossal videogame scam in existence, everything they say is random is manipulated including the classes for example that you choose randomly at the beginning of the duels, an algorithm tracks the ones you choose and if it wants to make you losing starts to give you only the worst, but this is just an example, my advice is to denounce everything that is clearly manipulated as in slot rooms and never spend even a dollar because in return you would get nothing but rather you would get the feeling of being scammed without any independent and external entity checking anything because if I’m blizzard and I want to manipulate everything it’s perfectly legal and you can only suffer like a fool

In my opinion don’t waste your time. The game is the most slot machine who can pull off the most broken combo the soonest or rng game breaking it’s ever been. It’s not about out playing your opponent, because most decks are about doing something like discovering 4 frost wyrms, brann otk combos, rune of the archmage 4 times, druid armor otk. And the can of worms that is frost DK in general.

I feel I have little actual agency in the game. If you’ve never tried MTG I’d get two starter decks with your partner and try that.

2 Likes

Unless you’re eager beaver to get back into the game, I’d hold off. Rotation is in a little over a month and the meta we’re in is absolutely horrid. This way, those packs (if their Standard packs) will grab you cards from the current year instead of digging into the current pool where cards from three exps/minisets will be going away.

It’s up to you, of course, but given the knowledge I have of what the game is like now, I would wait for rotation to garner the most value from your packs and avoid the current state of Standard.