My graphics are broken with this update. Anyone else has this?

Anyone been given anymore information yet? Need to know if they are going to fix it or if I should just give up on Blizzard all together.

1 Like

Same problem. Can you fix it ?

Howdy!

The System Requirements for the game can be found Here. As we review more and more reports about this issue it appears the systems are not supported. In that case, this wouldn’t be a bug but an issue with unsupported hardware attempting to run the game. The latest update did include an engine update that is why the system requirements were also changed. ← Any feedback about this change should be posted on our Community Discussion Forums for the developers to see.

Are any players seeing this issue on a fully supported device that meets all our system requirements? If so please post your Dxdiag up.

Thank you.

Uhmmm, ok. Goodbye Blizz, time to switch my hobby to other games.

4 Likes

This is so disgusting. i really live this game and i invested a lot of time already and now you wanna tell me im only allowed to continue to play this game when im buying new hardware? This is not the way to keep your playerbase alive…
And yee i have the same issue like the other…
fix this pls so everyone can play this without this issue. Its not that hard to decrease the system requirements.

5 Likes

Okay. I posted in the Community Discussion too: DEVS TO SEE: Black cards bug, About the recent system req. change

Ironically, there was a guy who posted about this graphics bug there, but the customer support guys there send him in the technical support. I fell like they are mocking with us.

5 Likes

Nice one Usolando and very true. Looks like I’m going to have to find a new game then.

3 Likes

i play bliz games over 25 years. i am near 50 years old. if i want to play a game, i buy it. now i play hearthstone along time, spend money for the game and i like it. and now i must stop play the game, or i must buy new hardware. i am sure i dont buy new hardware. i think bliz make a big mistake…2 in one week. sorry for my bad english. last i must say, if i dont play hearthstone again with my hardware, i will never play a bliz game. I forgit to say it, so i edit this post: i play starcraft,warcraft,diablo 1,2, world of warcraft, i write a ticket to bliz, that i want play wow again, i need a new pc for that, and i think about it, wow need graphics, but hearthstone not, now i dont play again wow and hearthstone too. i spent alone for hearthstone more then 200 euro, i spent over the years 500-1000 euro for bliz. and now bliz means, they dont need my money any more.ok. i wait now a week, if hearthstone then dont work. i uninstal all, and stop play bliz games, and my 2 boys too

9 Likes

action = reaction bye bye blizzard !!!

4 Likes

I mean, the game seems to run fine but it just seems like textures are missing, the frame rate didn’t appear affected, its just like the textures aren’t there, gold cards work.

I honestly don’t understand why gold cards are fine and optimised but the regular, non-animated ones aren’t.
Great.

4 Likes

Ok Blizzard, I’m going to try and respond to your last post, which I feel completely missed the point.

Changing the system requirements is a sad but necessary process as newer systems come into the market. No one is arguing that point.

The point that you’re missing( as evidenced in your last, very formal post that completely lacked a response to the issue that many are addressing here), is that NO ONE gave a heads up to the many players- some of which spent money on your product, very recently- whose systems would suddenly no longer be supported on your platform.

From what I’ve seen in your response, Blizzard Support, is that the new engine developed recently required you to drop some older systems in order to progress in your game development. We all understand that( at least from what I’ve seen).

What everyone is complaining about( fittingly, I might add), is that none of us were told in advance. Setting proper expectations is part of good customer care, and in this instance you failed utterly.

At the very least you could address the issue head on instead of posting the same nonsense about our systems being outdated. They were NOT outdated last week.

It’s like going to the grocery store for the thousandth time and being told “Oh, we don’t take money anymore. It’s outdated.” The analogy doesn’t fit exactly, but can you see that some outrage would be appropriate in that case?

At the very least, please give everyone a straight answer on these questions:

1. Were our systems outdated last week?
  2. If not, was anyone informed as to an update to the system requirements?
  3. If not, what are you going to do for all the players who spent money recently, expecting that they would be able to play your game?

As a FTP player, I have no dog in this fight. I’m disappointed, but I can’t expect you to cater to me. You have, however, in my opinion, failed to cater to the many people who have supported you over the years, and to whom you DO owe some explanation.

Please respond with something other than “Your system is now outdated. I am a robot.”

Please.

12 Likes

Hey everybody,

While we can understand that it’s not always easy to upgrade a system to play the game, and appreciate the feedback thus far, this is not the appropriate forum for feedback on this issue. All we can really do in tech is troubleshoot problems and give technical details as we are a branch of the Customer Support department. Most of the players having this issue have actually been unsupported for quite some time, but through happy accident have just been having a decent gameplay experience. However, old graphics cards eventually stop getting driver updates and software updates, ultimately leading to us needing to drop support as we code our game to do things in certain ways based on how modern graphics drivers function. If you don’t have the drivers, your GPU can’t draw the game the way it’s supposed to be drawn, ultimately resulting in graphical issues or even game crashes.

If you have any hearthstone feedback, you want to use the Community Discussion forums.

To keep the thread focused on troubleshooting/the possibility that something was missed here I’m going to reiterate what Zuvykree asked a few posts ago.

1 Like

I tried -force-d3d9 and it doesn’t work so this my Msinfo is:

Rapport d’informations système écrit à l’emplacement : 10/12/19 01:33:36
Nom du système : SWEETY-PC
[Résumé système]

Élément	Valeur	
Nom du système d’exploitation	Microsoft Windows 10 Famille	
Version	10.0.18362 Numéro 18362	
Autre description du système d’exploitation	Non disponible	
Fabricant du système d’exploitation	Microsoft Corporation	
Ordinateur	SWEETY-PC	
Fabricant	Acer	
Modèle	Aspire 5738	
Type	PC à base de x64	
Référence (SKU) du système		
Processeur	Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU       T4500  @ 2.30GHz, 2300 MHz, 2 cœur(s), 2 processeur(s) logique(s)	
Version du BIOS/Date	Phoenix Technologies LTD V1.33, 06/05/2010	
Version SMBIOS	2.5	
Version du contrôleur embarqué	255.255	
Mode BIOS	Hérité	
Fabricant de la carte de base	Acer	
Produit de la carte de base	JV50	
Version de la carte de base	Rev	
Rôle de la plateforme	Mobile	
État du démarrage sécurisé	Non pris en charge	
Configuration de PCR 7	Liaison impossible	
Répertoire Windows	C:\WINDOWS	
Répertoire système	C:\WINDOWS\system32	
Périphérique de démarrage	\Device\HarddiskVolume1	
Option régionale	France	
Couche d’abstraction matérielle	Version = "10.0.18362.387"	
Utilisateur	Sweety-PC\Sweety	
Fuseaux horaires	Paris, Madrid (heure d’été)	
Mémoire physique (RAM) installée	4,00 Go	
Mémoire physique totale	3,93 Go	
Mémoire physique disponible	938 Mo	
Mémoire virtuelle totale	7,93 Go	
Mémoire virtuelle disponible	3,93 Go	
Espace pour le fichier d’échange	4,00 Go	
Fichier d’échange	C:\pagefile.sys	
Protection DMA du noyau	Désactivé	
Sécurité basée sur la virtualisation	Désactivé	
Prise en charge du chiffrement d’appareil%s	Motifs de l’échec du chiffrement de l’appareil automatique: TPM inutilisable, Liaison PCR7 non prise en charge, L'interface du test de sécurité du matériel a échoué et l'appareil n'est pas en veille moderne., Détection de bus/d’appareils compatibles DMA non autorisés, Désactivé par la stratégie, TPM inutilisable	
Hyper-V - Extensions du mode de moniteur des ordinateurs virtuels	Non	
Hyper-V - Extensions de la conversion des adresses de second niveau	Non	
Hyper-V - Virtualisation activée dans le microprogramme	Non	
Hyper-V - Protection de l’exécution des données	Oui	
and my dxdiag:

DirectX Database Version: Unknown
DxDiag Version: 10.00.18362.0387 64bit Unicode

DxDiag Notes

Display Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
      Input Tab: No problems found.

DirectX Debug Levels

Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

So it’s final, good bye hearthstone. Now lets see if you’ll give me a refund for if I have to go via my bank to get my money back

6 Likes

Clydic,

That’s missing a lot of the details from the DXDiag. Can you try exporting that again for me? If it’s too big to fit in your post, you can upload it to a site like Pastebin and link us here.

If you have problems with posting it due to a link error, go ahead and copy paste this into your next post, and replace “WinMTR goes here” with your test.

~~~~
Pastebin link goes here
~~~~
1 Like

Blizzard: What you need,to create а new addition?
Creator: Hm,frome start may be 2080rtx…
Users: Он,no no no

Blizzard, I was told to go to this forum. If it’s not the appropriate forum, where is the best place to go?

And like i said previously, even though it was a “happy accident” that our systems were working while they were unsupported, it would have been nice to get a heads up that the game engine was getting an overhaul, so people could have made decisions on whether to invest more money into the game before they were dropped.

I understand that this could been an un-forseen consequence, however from everything we’ve been told so far it seems like you knew that there could be issues with earlier systems, and didn’t tell people.

That’s the problem people have with this issue.

At this point this issue has been discussed to the extent of what we can cover in tech support, and it doesn’t seem that anybody in this thread has any outstanding issues other than being on an unsupported system. Please keep in mind that we’re not developers ourselves, and we simply can’t ever make guarantees that the game will operate on unsupported system configurations. I understand that not everyone can always upgrade whenever they want or need to, but that’s not something we can address here. Our system requirements are the way they are to set proper expectations about the level of support we can really give to help players with our game. To quote the system requirements article directly:

Due to potential programming changes, the minimum system requirements for Hearthstone may change over time.

We never know if an engine update is necessarily going to invalidate previously supported hardware, but it does happen sometimes. That’s the nature of running a persistent game which gets updated from year to year to take advantage of changes in hardware and programming on newer systems.

If you do meet the requirements above and have problems, please do create your own thread, but as we’ve confirmed that this is mostly if not entirely related to unsupported devices, there’s nothing else we can do in this thread. Please bring your feedback up in the Community Discussion forums, or if you do have a supported device and would like help troubleshooting the error, post your DXDiag in your own thread so we can give it a look.