Mobile app doesnt work after new patch

We need a blue post on this and some sort of a update regarding it being unplayable.

3 Likes

They did not say. They referred to it as an older thing.

I can only speak for a Samsung Galaxy Tab A running 7.1.1 which smoothly brings me through the login doors and then shunts me back to my device home screen halfway through that panning motion,

and a LG Rebel 4 running 8.1.0 that seems to lag so fiercely upon successful login (the moment the options gear appears). One in about 20 tries will take me to the playing board and one in about fifty tries actually gets me all the way to the menu where it suffers extreme lag (small particles in motion and changes in shadows/lights indicating whether the game has crashed/frozen) locks the game down entirely.

It’s interesting that the bad device can actually get to main menu before FREEZING but the far superior device simply CRASHES the game entirely and sends you away.

I also lack the skill to fully interpret the post, but someone is at least posting some solid stuff for Blizz to scratch their heads at over here:

My Galaxy Tab A is running Android 9.0, and I freeze on the loading screen.

Hmm. It really seems like resource dumping to me, but I don’t know enough behind the scenes to offer more than an educated guess. I’m sure if these forums are getting reports that Reddit is going absolutely bonkers. Whatever the issue, it should hopefully be fixed soon.

I’ve got a Galaxy Tab S6 that my wife is borrowing for the evening, I’ll update it tomorrow and see if it has issues.

These problems are becoming glaringly frequent, with this happening right on the tail of the last update borking the game for most (or was it all?) iOS users. These feel like things that the most basic QA/QC would at least catch, so either they barely test, or these patches are being rushed out with known bugs that they’re already working on fixes for.

My guess is the former.

Also,

3 Likes

It’s an issue with the Battlenet account logging in. I can start the game over but when I created a new Battlenet tag and it tried to login, it crashed. Blizzard needs to get on this.

2 Likes

Lovely for the iOS users. : /

Edit: for a little self torture, tried to login again a few times. The variety in how far I get is tantalizing.

1. Made it through the doors and it flashed my quests at me. My tap to pass this screen froze the game.
  2. The doors.
  3. Past the doors, halfway through the panning down.
  4. Doors.
  5. Doors.
  6. Doors.
  7. Doors.
  8. Halfway through pan.
    9+. Doors.
3 Likes

Samsung Galaxy S5 Active (fully updated) here. Played everyday for the last month no problem. Played before work, then the update rolled out and the game crashes while loading into the main menu. No error codes or anything, it just closes.

I’ve already tried all of the Bnet troubleshooting techniques and nothing worked. Restarted phone just in case.

Only interesting note I have is that when the update was applied I had force quit the game while a round ended in order to save time and battery life on my phone. Wondering if the update is applied after a force quit if maybe a variable becomes in some sort of messed up state? Still able to login on PC no problem, but I prefer to play on mobile.

1 Like

Samsung Crown… Only made it past doors once in 25 tries since patch… Then locked.

Reinstalled twice… Cmon Blizz

5 Likes

Same issues here on an Android. I even factory reset the phone and did a clean install, no luck.

2 Likes

Not working here either. Already tried a full reinstall with no luck. Moto g6 with android 9.

1 Like

Having same issue on , Android phone, and tablet, have uninstalled, cleared etc

2 Likes

Same for me, it crash every time

2 Likes

I am also having the same problem this morning after the new download / update hearthstone Mobile on Android crashes every time right before opening the main menu

2 Likes

I am on iPhone XS and having the same issue.

Same here, Nexus 6 Android, uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted phone, loads up for about 45s, then dies, and my phone reverts back to my home screen.

Moto e5 plus same problem keeps crashing, sigh so frustrating

1 Like

I’m on iPhone7 and had problems playing and had to delete the game and re-download. After that, it seems ok for me.

Same crash problem with me. Let’s just hope this problem will be solved quickly and not like the last time when it took over a month to fix the issue.

1 Like

iphone 8 with the same issue. Keeps bringing me to the app store. At the very least, I’m happy it’s not just me.

2 Likes

Same issue on my iPhone and Samsung tablet

2 Likes