Missing Golden Pack

So, a few days ago I logged into Hearthstone and noticed the “free Gold Pack” in the shop. I was pleasantly suprised, collected it and then…it just disappeared. I thought it was likely just a weird bug so I put it out of my mind.

But now I’m seeing more and more discussion about players having the same issue with the pack just not being there. Do we have to register somwhere to let Blizzard know we have this issue or?

They are aware of it. Most just don’t bother to look into the Known Issues thread.

No, I mean for individual players. I know that Blizzard is aware of the issue as a WHOLE, but I imagine with some players experiencing it and others not its tough for them to weed out the problem.

They found the problem.

“The team has identified the issue preventing some players from claiming the free Golden Perils in Paradise Pack from the Shop and is working on a solution. We’ll update you next week with more.”

https://x.com/PlayHearthstone/status/1822061315705184442

1 Like

Weird, I wonder what the reason is behind why some players had an issue getting their golden PIP pack, because last night I finally made the rounds between all my HS collections to claim the golden pack and to dust refunded cards.

Altogether, I opened 18 golden PIP packs, and only one pack had something better than a rare—an epic.

My best guess was “buying” it too early. I got mine about 17 seconds after it was available. It was lost.

1 Like

I had the same issue. I kinda want that gold pack :joy:. I hope they can give me another one

That was indeed a weird bug. Also, a minor detail caught my attention along with the missing-pack bug itself - I could hear twice of the shop purchasing sound effect after I start the game.
There’s another bug. I play the game on iPad, sometimes when I get in the store I can’t get out. The game just froze right there.

No surprise there, I play on an IPhone, and whenever I change servers, I have to close and reopen the app before I can access the store.

And then there are all the other bugs that cause freeze ups. It’s been this way for years, I am convinced that whoever is in charge of the mobile play experience needs to be replaced with someone better.

Heck the moving animations, cover up the past play bar, so that I cannot review my opponent’s plays until they are done making them, and a lot of the time the tool tips cannot be read, because they get positioned offscreen, etc…

Then there are all the other issues, but a lot of these problems are an easy fix—it just takes some who is willing acknowledge them and to fix them.

Before the deal collapsed with NetEase and China, it was clear that Blizzard thought the mobile Chinese market was their best opportunity to increase profits—even though the mobile experience has a lot of problems.

With the coming Chinese & NetEase business relations being reestablished in September, maybe there will be some hope for some mobile & IPad improvements.