Missing cards after update

I have several cards disappeared after updates. I notice them when i tried to create new decks. Blizzard have some great issues for making them dissappear randomly. Why do they decide to remove the cards without giving Arcane dust back.

I had prince keleseth, taldaram and valanar in my collection before disappearing.
Can they give user some notice before any changes or removals? Pls don’t be D!cks.

I don’t want to open more packs to have a chance to get those cards and get remove again. It’s just gold digging abuse sh!t and wasting peoples time and efforts.

2 Likes

If they did that, people would be able to watch more closely to see when they stole from us.

They still haven’t made people whole from the first dust debacle, or any of the other times they’ve stolen cards (rotation, etc), to say nothing of the scams “packs for view bumps” they never delivered on.

WE HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN TEAM 5!

The three cards you list are all from the Knights of the Frozen Throne set. That was briefly and temporarily added to standard at the end of last season, but removed when March of the Lich King launched in December.

So my first guess is if you built standard decks with those cards, they’re no longer available in standard and that’s why they’re ghosted out and missing.

There is also something weird about how the interface tracks standard cards and other versions of the cards separately. Standard versions of the cards are always made available to all players for free, but can disappear when the standard set changes. If you owned the KotFT versions of the cards, they might have been kind of hidden for a while, but you ought to be able to search for and find them now, and also still use them in wild desks. If you never owned the KotFT versions of the cards, they just disappear when they get pulled out of standard.

As for giving notice, all of this was announced in the various seasonal changes notes.

Since standard versions of the cards are given for free, there’s no dust refund when they’re reclaimed. They aren’t deleting any cards that you’ve unlocked from packs.

1 Like

Apart I have completed every collection since Hearthstone first expension was out, and I am still missing the cards that has rotated out, both in Wild and Standard. They somehow manage to lose the information that you had the cards and still remove them.
I am considering launching a class action against Blizzard.

1 Like

I have just checked my entire collection in Wild. A few fun facts:

There is now a bug in the Wild filtering system. Without any selection, my cards are not showing for cost 6 and 7+ (works in standard). You can still see your cards by selecting 6 or 7+, but of course, that doesn’t help with deck building

Most of the missing cards have disappeared - meaning I cannot even craft them back. One can wonder if Blizzard is already aware of the issue, and has done this to limit players to pay for their cards twice. Reckoning (paladin) is one example of a card I cannot see in Wild, in craft mode, uncraftable or owned (and I own that card).

There are three cards (maybe more) that can be crafter. I will double check but I believe this is because they were introduced in a core rotation, and therefore I never owned them before the cards first appear.

I wonder if there is a bug in the auto disenchant function, and that somehow they mess up cards count at rotation time, making you disenchanting those cards without even being aware you are doing so. This would anyhow still a bug on their side.

I connected less than an hour ago and I have already identified 3 bugs or issues. I wonder if Blizzard has outdone themselves on this one.

1 Like

Yes - “Reckoning” has vanished without a word or leaving a trace. It’s still in my Decks, but ghosted in blue. Still visible in my Decks, but nowhere in my collection. And it can’t be crafted. “ERADICATUS!” - whoooooosh…

1 Like

I have the same problem. I lost several non core cards through this problem. It seems that when searching the removed cards and having them on display while removing them from the deck, you don’t lose the cards. But when you simply remove them from the deck they are lost and can only be crafted again. These cards also show the tag “UNKNOWN”, “will be unlocked at level x”.

1 Like

That sounds like the gold Death Knight cards that were accidentally given to everybody when they were supposed to be earned by leveling up. There were patch notes explaining the gold versions would be taken back, to be earned later by leveling, but that the non-gold version would still be available as part of Core.

1 Like