Matches won't start in any game mode

Multi-player matches stay endlessly in the finding opponent screen. Single player game modes load endlessly. I have uninstalled the game and cleared the cache and the problem persists. Has been doing this for the last ~3 days.

3 Likes

Same here its been a few days. It happened for me around the time I bought the hero portrait madam lazul.

I have had this same problem but i notice it only happens when im on cell data. The game works fine when connected to wifi.

I am also having this issue, for the last 5 or 6 days. PC will let me start games if I’m on a cellular connection tho, so it’s something particular to the mobile client.

1 Like

Is this issue been resolved? Im having an issues as well

Hey everyone,

I did some digging into this and wonder if everyone in this thread is using Tmobile or Sprint as their mobile data provider. The symptom may have changed a little, but based on what is said here, I suspect it’s a known issue with Hearthstone and how IPv6 is handled. If this seems to apply to you, this one post explains it as a known bug with some basic info. It also details a few ways to workaround the issue. In the mean time, some patience and understanding is asked for while the developers work on a fix which may take some a while due to the nature of what’s happening to cause this.

Hopefully this helps everyone continue playing on their mobile connection. Cheers friends!

1 Like

I want to add some info to it, i don’t know, might be helpful. Since I got the same problem.

In the past the Tmobile problem had occured and the game wouldn’t allow players to go past the tavern doors. Now the game allowed you to go past this, browse through the collection and different game modes. When starting a game it will look for an opponent…then just endlessly spin as if no opponent is found.

I tried a workaround, When I was home I tried using my Wi-Fi, which allowed me to start a game, I then turned of WI-FI so the game would conntect to mobile date instead. Then the following happens: The game will disconnect, sauing you lost connection. Then tapping on the screen will make the game reconnect again and it does recognise you’re in a match. it will say ‘‘you were disconnected from your last game, reconnecting’’ and it will just endlessly say that until I shut the game down.

Compared to the Tmobile issue we had before, now the game actually seems to connect to Hearthstone, but doesn’t wanna connect to other players?..I should try if single player content works maybe

I’ve been having this same issue for about a month now and still going through it I can only get a game via wifi. What gives?

I can definitely say the ipv6 / ipv4 issue from the past does not seem to be related… but is strangely similar in that instead of getting stuck at the tavern doors. It gets stuck when attempting to actual join into a match on any mode. I don’t understand what could be causing this.

I’d like to add that I added a new apn profile to fix the error from a few months ago when ipv4 was removed from the default apn. In my troubleshooting efforts, I changed back to the old APN expecting the game to have issues getting past tavern doors but instead it loaded as if it was working again … until I tried to find an opponent where it sat indefinitely again. Seems very strange and makes me think tmobile is to blame again …

I would like to add another issue that I am having. Duels will not load at all for me anymore. What can be done to fix this? I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the game and still, when I hit the “Resume” button, nothing happens at all. The game freezes and I am not even able to return to my other parts of the game. We have a challenge that is to play games in Duels to earn the reward, and I cannot do that.