[Main Thread] iOS Device Crashes after Latest Patch

Greetings everyone,
coming from EU to report same problem: iPad Air2, latest iOS, wifi. Issues started after latest update.
I’m experiencing random crashes at the beginning of every game and sometimes also browsing cards collection. Re-installing the game didn’t help.
Thanks for your time and best wishes for XMas

3 Likes

Hi!
Eu server player here, same problems from iPad.
Solve this please.
Thanks

3 Likes

Same issue. Ipad mini 5 ios 13.3

3 Likes

Same issue here. A real bummer, I just bought the holiday bundle and now I can’t even play a game.

iPad Pro 10.5”

3 Likes

Just want to chime in here, i can confirm constant crashes since last Hearthstone update (16.0.38203), Running iOS 13.3 on iPad 7th gen 10.2“.
I want to play the Uldum adventure, and between the Bosses while selecting the treasure/cards bundle the game always crashes. Fortunately i can resume the game from there, but it is absolutely more than annoying. Please fix this asap.

4 Likes

Adding in, iPad Pro crashes on log in, when trying to start game. Unplayable with it now. On a constant loop crashing whenever app is open.

4 Likes

Same issue here. iPad, 6th gen, 13.3

1 Like

Same issue also. iPad Pro

1 Like

Same thing is happening, will not reconnect unless i wait for a lose.

I have lost three winning streaks because of this bug.
I have SIX ipads that I use and 4 of them exclusively to just Hearthstone

Like others reported it happens as soon as you start a match. When you reload the game it does not know you have a game then it crashes again.
I tested this by immediately logging in via PC to save my one game. It will force crash over and over if you try to reload via another iPad or the same iPad until the game is lost.

To add insult to injury, it won’t even give you the message you lost the ranked game after you re-load. Youll just notice the stars down a notch. ( Check my game logs tonight you can see for yourselves)

It also happened in a matchup where I was using backstab against a warrior’s 3/2 ooze as a rogue.

Once you can get into a game, it will work fine for about two-three matches then will force close again, causing another loss unless you can get on a PC to salvage your game.

I had 9 hard crashes tonight alone. Yesterday it worked fine, so the latest patch is causing this, its the one after the Shaman nerf - it appears to either be whenever the ad loaded for the bundle pack, or if there is hidden content because the icon is very small in the bottom right corner for “downloading” upon first use.

I work in IT. I Beta test for a living.
Below are all the iPads I have and the iOS versions they are on so you can see that it is not exclusive to iOS 12/13

The only thing I have left to do is jailbreak one of my 12.1’s and run a program that detects force closures and displays the logs to find out the actual cause, but im almost positive its a memory overflow error.

All of my iPads below sans my first one are 16gb models and only have hearthstone installed on them. I have not tested it on android because i hate having to click my cards to see them and offer no option to make it look like iOS even though my phone has a higher resolution than these iPads.

iPad Air 2- 128gb 12.1.1 Beta
iPad Air 2- 13.2.3 -
iPad Mini 4- 13.2.3
iPad Mini 3 - 9.6 - Will not even load hearthstone (instant force close)
iPad Air - 12.1.1
iPad Air- 12.4.4

2 Likes

Same here. iPad pro 9.7, iOS 13.3, last Hearthstone.
Crashes after clicking on play and cant reconnect, leading to star loss.
Crashes when trying to chat with a friend.
Crashes when adding a friend.
Very frustrating bugs, especially when you spent money on the game. Would prefer no new content but a game without crash. This is not blizzard standards !

Same issue for me on an iPad Pro after the latest patch. Everytime i start a game it crashes and if i reopen the App it crashes again until i lost. At least i dont have to deal with the iOS chat that is broken for months if i can‘t play on my iPad anymore i guess :slight_smile:

New iPad, same issue as of last patch.

Any news about a patch? 3 days to correct this kind of issue are too much

2 Likes

Same issue here, game is unplayable on my Ipad Pro… Lost 5 matches because it could not reconnect…

I’m using an iPad Air with iOS 12.4.4. I’ve been having similar crash issues since the latest update and data download.

Same here. Crashes after trying to play the first card of the game. Can’t always get back in either, losing ranks, and game is now almost unplayable. Super disappointed.

Thanks for your reports, everyone! We’re aware of the crashing issues with iPad/iOS devices. I wanted to break this down a bit more on what we know is happening with iPad devices.

There are two separate issues causing the iPad device issues.

1. Devices with less than 2GB of RAM may experience frequent crashes. This will impact iPad Mini/iPad Airs mostly. There’s also been reports of this with iPhone 6 devices.
    Note: This may potentially be impacting iPad 6th & 7th Gen with 2GB or more memory.
  2. iPad Pros are crashing when matching into a ranked game.

Our team is aware of both issues, and hopefully working on a quick resolution. We’ll provide updates and information as more becomes available.

7 Likes

Thank you so much for working on this issue! I am experiencing the same crashing on my iPad 5th generation, it’s not an iPad Pro but still crashing. Anyways thanks!

1 Like

I have the same issue on iPad Pro, but in Arena. Game starts, disconnect, crashes when you get back in, lose game, basically just lost an entire run to the bug.