[Main Thread] - IOS Crashing on Devices with 2GB/3GB RAM

IPhone 6 Plus
Ios 12.4.6

It became worst after latest patch. Before this patch it was crushing when you kept playing for 2-3 long games in a row.

Now it crushes everygame. It seems like graphics pushing the device really hard and crushes because of the heat. Also the crush time doesn’t matter anymore even you’re in an early game or a late one.

Edit: I found that if you Disable Download from options after install it doesn’t crush anymore. So it’s about assets i guess.

1 Like

So now it is crashing upon trying to load the game. All day. This morning I could try to start a match now it doesn’t get past hearthstone sign with glowing center. Still have iPhone 7 latest IOS software. I have deleted and re installed several times today with no luck. Fix fast, this has been an issue and I was losing matches from having to try and resume. I guess on the bright side today I can’t lose rank anymore. Please fix, love the game but not like this.

For what it’s worth I had this problem for almost a week out of the blue. Then I tried just restarting my Ipad and… problem solved. Not a single crash or freeze since.

Could some of the crashes be due to a memory leak or something?

1 Like

Hi, this is getting worse after the latest patch I have tried restarting my iPhone too. Game doesn’t not get past turn 7 regardless of decks used. App auto crash and have to restart which means most of the time I looses!

As a paying customer this is not acceptable!

Bare minimum can blizzard specific min requirements and device that can play a mobile game? Ppl can then stay away ? It’s a digital card game after all , not a real-time strategy game… zzz

Model : Iphone6
iOS: 12.4.6

2 Likes

iPhone 6S
crashes when launching app, can’t join any games or even check collection
+1 for the no animations mode please

1 Like

How’s that fix for iOS coming? Update still breaking the game? Great, lets circle back next week for more silence.

2 Likes

Pretty frustrated here… was playing League of Explorers, specifically the Mage Hero challenge, and I cast Ethereal Conjurer not knowing that it’s still bugged even after the 17.2.1 update. So it crashed promptly after that, and when I close the game and reopen, it attempts to reconnect me to the solo game, which then crashes and so on. I then deleted the game and reinstalled it, but still the game attempts to put me back in the solo battle. So after multiple attempts I deleted it again and reinstalled, and NOW it says “failed to get update. Check your internet connection” ffs Blizz fix this please.

1 Like

iPad Mini, 4th Gen
(Model# MD5311/A)
iOS 9.3.5

Crash happens when I start the game. It gets stuck on the tavern doors and then it just goes back to the Home screen. I know it’s an older iPad but, technically it should still work on this.

same phone same problem,phone becomes painfully hot and crashes the game,if for some reason stays cool it crashes in less than 5minutes ingame

1 Like

K, I stayed quiet for a week. How about an update?

1 Like

Ive got the cant log in issue. Reloaded game and now after hitting signin crashes after a few seconds on the tavern doors. On an iphone 6 but was fine until 2 days ago… is this likely to be resolved?

Can barely start the game now on my iPad. Once crashed as the Innkeeper welcomed me, but usuallly crashes some time after I press a button and we are talking the first buttons available to push, ie the main menu. Ios 10, Ipad air. Used to be able to at least look at very small part of my collection earlier, but now nope.
iPhone SE also iOs 10 works with few problems.

1 Like

any idea if patch 17.4 will address the ipad crashing issues?

This is still an active issue that we’re tracking on our end. Our team have confirmed the iOS crashing issues with low RAM persists on the update for 17.4.

Any idea how soon will it be fixed?

I think the issue might not only be an IOS problem as Android with 2-3 Gigs of RAM keep crashing as well, in my case Android 7.0
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (3 Gig initial RAM, 2 Gigs usually in use)
Crashes in game after graphic glitches and spell effects, keeps crashing on trying to reconnect.

1 Like

I think the iOS version has something to do with it.

My ipad4 is on iOS 10.3.3, but my iphone6 is on iOS 12. They have the same amount of RAM (1GB).

My ipad cant even connect to a game without crashing and missing the mulligan and turn 1.
My iphone can limp through games for a while, sometimes with lag, sometimes not. If a game starts to go for more than 20 turns, or a bunch of cards are being generated, the iphone will crash

1 Like

No, it has nothing or little to do with the iOs version. I play on iPhone, game crashes on iPad, same iOs. So what is the difference, well probaly the pictures and animations are larger on a iPad and take more memory…

1 Like

well, that shoots down that theory.
At least random users like you and me are trying to contribute data to the solution. In the meantime, the HS team is “looking into it”

1 Like

This is honestly hilarious in my opinion. This isnt the first time hearthstone has been so garbage that it crashes constantly. Yet you guys make snarky remarks like “don’t you guys have PhOnEs???” when announcing diablo immortal, when you cant even get your crap together with hearthstone. I finally updated my game on my phone and after an hour of reinstalling, restarting, etc I finally looked up whats going on and this has been going on for 4 god damn months according to the thread. And I had this crap happening to me on my older phone MONTHS BEFORE THIS CRAP and it took me having to download the game through some other app store to even get it to load, but even that was far fetched as it still freaking crashed or lagged so badly i couldn’t keep up during battlegrounds. You guys arent doing anything, you dont give a crap. Just wanted to stick your grubby fingers into the honey pot of mobile gaming then scoff at us when we told you “please dont”. What a effing joke.

3 Likes