[Main Thread] Cannot connect to Hearthstone on Mobile Data

This is still a problem… Really disappointing

Gonna add my name to this as well. T-Mobile, Android, s10. Would just chalk it up to crappy reception when not using wifi. But now that I’m in my house, and waiting on wifi, its apparent that its not due to crappy reception.

Note 20 on AT&T same issue. trying the APN swap

Those having this issue, have you tried changing your DNS in your router / devices to those free DNS available? Google dns, opendns etc? Dont use Cloudflare, its having some issues currently.

Cheers.

T-mobile, GS10.

This is absolutely insane, how can this issue be basically a year old and no fix? T-Mobile is one of the biggest phone carriers. Blizzard will be announcing new mobile games at blizzconline, how can they make new ones when their 5 year old game doesn’t work?? Hello?

Alright folks,
After extensive testing across Samsung Galaxy models on Tmobile, I’ve come to the conclusion the issue is with account authentication on cellular. Once a session is well established (i,e a game in progress) you can connect and play all you’d like, but getting to that point isn’t reliable.

This isn’t a phone model issue. It isn’t a reception issue. Not a DNS issue, or cell configuration issue (which has worked in the past).

My solution is to create a local VPN back home and run the game that way. Many higher end routers support that, and you can add a firewall/vpn for under $100 as well. Should anyone HAVE to do this? No. But i’ve invested too much into this game to let it die.

So I shall retire from this board and hope one day, Blizzard will care enough to fix it.

How is this glitch still not fixed. Will it really make it to it’s first birthday in a few months here? This is absolutely so ridiculous the hoops we have to jump through to play on mobile.

Hey guys new update and guess what blizzard did to address our problem!
nothing

…unreal

Hey guys! I had a Samsung Galaxy S9 when this first happened to me. That was like a year and a half ago. I couldn’t play using my data (T-Mobile/ Sprint). The only guy I was able to fix it is by going to settings>connections>mobile networks>network mode and in this setting switching from automatic to 3G. Now I just got a new phone (Samsung Galaxy A71) and the problem appeared again. I fixed it using the same method. It sucks that I cannot use 5G if I want to play Hearthstone but its what I used to fix it. This is based on posts people made here before so thanks to them. Good luck guys and hopefully we get a fix on this soon!

This is still an issue for me as well. S20+ Rogers 5G network in Canada. Works fine on WiFi

Coincidentally, I have the same issue with MTG Arena on the same device. Makes me believe it’s a Samsung issue, but I’d imagine Blizz would want to fix it pretty quick if they want me to keep spending money on the game…

I posted my working and simple solution here for anyone that is still having trouble. I’ve tested it on multiple devices without any problems.

1 Like

This worked for me, but it seems ridiculous that a large company like Activision cannot make a fix for this, and I’m required to install a VPN if I want to play on data

I understand your frustration, the requirement of using a vpn can be a bit annoying as well. When I have some spare time I will begin looking for solutions that will circumvent the need for downloading a vpn and can be done directly within your phone. I don’t think changing carrier settings for ipv4/ipv6 and switching to 3g is the answer, I do however have some theories on how to get things working again without a vpn. I should be able to test on my devices later this evening.

Another big update – another big no-fix

Look at my posts above for a solution.

Still doesn’t work. Almost been a full year now.

I’m still having this issue changing the IP4 to iP6 didn’t fix it

Happy Birthday! It’s been one full year since we’ve been able to connect on mobile data.

Outstanding.

2 Likes

I just learned that I can get a free TMobile Sim card for my phone through Sprint…
We’ll see if that changes anything for me when it comes in.