[Main Thread] Cannot connect to Hearthstone on Mobile Data

Exact same issue. Game is fully installed and playable while only on Wifi. When attempting to connect using my mobile carrier, it sticks on the loading screen with the blue pulsing Hearthstone logo indefinitely.

Started: 12 May 20, After patch update
Carrier: T-Mobile
Phone: Galaxy S9, fully up to date
Software: Android 10

Hearthstone build: 17.2.47374, Downloaded from Google App store

Troubleshooting so far:

Cleared Cache/data multiple times
Deleted and reinstalled multiple times (4+)
Downloaded on cellular data
Downloaded on Wifi data

Additional info:
NO data caps for Apps or Mobile data at all
NO VPN apps
NO phone security apps to block download/connection

Hope this information helps. Please fix soon, swing shift is boring. Thanks.

13 Likes

I’m not 100% sure why, but the problem seems to have resolved itself for me as of this morning.
I’m on Sprint (which I think merged with T-Mobile?)
This morning I found that I am once again able to log into Hearthstone on my mobile data. There’s no indication of a downloaded update for anything… must have been something amiss on the ISP’s or server side.

1 Like

Just weighing in that I’m experiencing the exact same thing.

Android, Galaxy s9. T-Mobile.

Plays fine on wifi, immediately bricks on 4G.

Hope Blizz gets on this soon, I mainly play HS away from home (essential worker here).

4 Likes

Same issue. Except I do not have wifi to connect to. I was able to re-download the app. Download all the necessary files, including the ones in the client. And then clicked on “sign in” and it hangs at the tavern doors with the glowing HS logo.

3 Likes

Same i mainly play on mobile as I’m a truck driver and make many stops. It passes the time. I’m on Galaxy Note 9 and after the patch can’t get past the doors. This is getting really frustrating considering every patch this happens. When you spend $1500 to $2500 a year on the game you would think you could actually play after a patch.

4 Likes

Crossposting here for a unified thread. Same issue. Andriod / Moto Z4

4 Likes

OnePlus 7 Pro. I didn’t see this post when I started making mine

1 Like

Please tell me you aren’t serious?? I’ll go switch carriers this instant if that’s the case. Whaaaa

1 Like

I know the feel, but don’t make it personal towards your prior investments. They could remove HS entirely and still keep your money. We customers are right, up until we get emotionally attached to our wallets(imo).

I also can’t log in on lte. It just sits on tavern
doors with no logo. Tmobile and s9 phone. I tried redownloading the game and now it loads logo then when I click log in with account it goes back to tavern doors with no logo.

1 Like

For what its worth. When I disabled LTE and switched to 3g. It worked fine. Thats on CDMA through sprint. But LTE isn’t working. Its the same problem as I had previously with being connected to the Magic Box

3 Likes

Also works fine via VPN. Seems like LTE through sprint/t-mobile is blocking HS login servers

1 Like

Same problem.

If this is a T-Mobile issue only and not a Blizzard/T-Mobile combined issue, I’ll go and switch carriers tomorrow.

Any confirmation this is 100% T-Mobile and not Blizzard?

2 Likes

Hello TMobile users! The work around that I’ve had with T-Mobile network issues was adding a new APN. ‘epc tmobile com’ is the APN. I recommend Googling the steps and required info. Some devices will likely have it as a trusted one already I’d presume, but I had to add it manually and choose it as my current APN.
My Specs:
One Plus7 Pro GM1917
Android 10
T-Mobile

4 Likes

I wonder what changed and why we’d need this but I’ll look into it. Thanks.

After working with a tech, I found the answer. You need to add/edit access point to allow for IPv4/IPv6 APN, not just IPv6. I did that and now I’m back in.

I just saw your post on the TMobile forums.

Can you post details for others?

Go to settings>connections>mobile connections >access point names.

Add a new access point named whatever you want.

Copy all the info from the current access point to use in the new one. The only difference is to change the “APN Protocol” from IPv6 to “IPv4/IPv6.” Save this access point and connect to it instead of the other ( Probably named “T-mobile US LTE.”

Should get you playing again.

NOTE: I am not responsible if you jack your phone up or do this wrong. In such a case, I suggest going back to original access point. I am NOT affiliated with Blizzard, Tmobile or any other anything. I’m just a dude.

9 Likes

Switching APN to epc did help me. IPv4 or 3G didn’t.

resolved below: My T-mobile/Sprint Samsung S10 has the entire APN menu greyed and won’t allow me to make adjustments. I spent a few hours, to no avail, with Tm/Sp tech support, each directed me to Bliz.

Bliz support sent me to this forum to await a fix.
And I still can’t get in with mobile while Wifi works fine.

Did my Wife do this?

UPDATE… Switched to CDMA from Auto and I got in. No APN switching, however, it’s now a 3G connection. Curious…

1 Like