[Main Thread] Android Game Freezing or Crashing on Title Screen

ANDROID TabA 2019 ditto

Did we find a fix for this yet?

3 days of reinstalling but still doesn t work it crash when i start playin

Hey there,

I did get an update on this! Our QA team has identified the underlying cause of the error and is working on a patch to fix it. No ETA available currently. As soon as I have more info I’ll post here.

In the meantime, most players are getting around the issue by reinstalling the game using Amazon App Store instead.

Thanks for following up with us on this.

3 Likes

Please update as soon as it is fixed as it is currently not an option for me to download from Amazon due to my available data.

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: [Chromebook] Game Freezing after patch

Some of us cant download the app from Amazon because it’s not compatible with our devices, so please get it fixed for all to play.

7 Likes

From what i understand, they determined the bug and are making a patch to fix it now. It’s saturday, must be unpleasent to work on the weekend.

1 Like

Device make/model: asus ZenPad 8.0
Android OS version: 6.0.1
What was happening on screen when the crash occurred: I have tried everything on the troubleshooting. The game starts and I can play the initial quests as a new user. But when I LOGIN to my battle net account, after the initial load of the game (with the name and the glowing hearthstone) right when I can see the number of friends logged in on the bottom left corner, before the music starts, it always crashes.
I hope you can help me :slight_smile: thanks!

Samsung Galaxy Tab A
Android 8.1.0
Crash occurs on title screen. Tavern doors show up, Hearthstone logo shows up. Right after the bottom buttons show up and the stone at the top glows, that’s when it freezes

Add in the Galaxy 7 on me. Same issue as everyone else. See the friends bar load. Crash. Did no one bother to turn on an android while designing this?

Same Problem here.
Since yesterday i cant get past the loading screen. Cant do my dailies simce yesterday, and i wanted to climb the ladder a bit more :frowning:
I’m playing on a Samsung Galaxy S7. Android Version 8.0.0

Having the same problem on chromebook - which, of course, uses android apps. Can’t get past the loadup screen before it crashes, I’ve tried reinstalling repeatedly. Broken - very frustrating.

Thanks for answering. Yes the error is occurring on every device except my smartphone. (iPhone 5, sony Xperia xa1 ultra, Huawei so and so, fire hd 8 and fire hd 10) only Huawei worked after reinstalling and changing the language to English before logging in. That did only work for one device tho (which I don’t want to use with hearthstone because it’s just very small) I can not try mobile data but I tried with another Wi-Fi connection, which also did not work

Does that mean there are different apk files around atm?

Freezing problems in my Samsung Galaxy tab a
Model nr= SM-T580
Android version= 8.1.0
Hope you can Fix it soon

Same issues Moto g6
Hope they get this fixed soon

When you try to download Amazon app it should give you a message saying your device won’t download from unknown sources, or something like that.

Also a option button should pop up asking to “quit” or "settings "

Go into settings, enable the "allow unknown sources " button. This will allow Amazon app to download.

If button does not pop up automatically. You can manually go to your phone settings app. Go into "security ". The function button should be in there. "unknown sources " just enable that.

Then try the process of downloading Amazon app, along with downloading hearthstone.

Also to note, you WILL need a Amazon account, if not already. If already have one, just use that. If not… You WILL have to create one. At least to be able to go through with as per above.

I hope this helps and leave a message if it works or not.

Also leave a message if you choose not to go through Amazon, just for others/blizzard to know outcome.:+1:

1 Like

Hey nightcrow… thanks for the info, however I already did all that but my tablet says the the hearthstone app thru the Amazon store is not compatible with my tablet, so even though I have the Amazon app store on my tablet, there are some games that are not compatible with my Samsung tab A. I wish it was, I miss the game as I am watching ppl on twitch play it. Hopefully it will be patched for us soon. I am glad for those who can get it thru the Amazon app store though.

Yes the exact same problem, it’s been almost 6 days, started on Wednesday, getting rather pissed off

2 Likes