Limiting RnG in Hearthstone

RnG is a hot topic right now, alongside ‘Demon Hunter is ruining the game!’ and ‘down with all Priests aside from Tyrande!’

Many players enjoy Hearthstone due to the crazy randomness, and we shouldn’t take that away. However, when every competitive game becomes pretty much a dice roll, it becomes problematic.

The next expansion will be important in setting a precedent for the direction in which Blizzard takes Hearthstone.

My suggestion is to limit RnG whilst not taking away from it. Cards like Hydrologist and Animal companion are cards that make use of RnG, but can be used tactically. They’re not just ‘cast 10 random spells randomly’ or ‘randomly discover a random spell that might or might not win you the game’ or ‘randomly draw 3 random cards and reduce their cost, then either concede or win’.

You won’t necessarily win a game with a card like Hydrologist, but it’ll help you on your way with a bit of luck, or if not, isn’t game destroying for either player.

Right now we have all sorts of randomness. You can be getting dominated an entire match, then discover a spell lackey, that discovers you a flamestrike that discovers you a win.

I respect Hearthstone for pushing the limits of what we can do in a card game and pioneering technology’s influence in adapting the way we play a children’s card game, but it’s time to reign it in.

I think the best would be custom game modes.

1 Like

???
what ?

rng is fine so far i think maybe mage is the only class needing a new viable deck with less rng for a more reliable win condition

I just got caught up in writing, but basically what I meant is, discovers you a spell that completely turns the tide of the game.

are you trolling? :rofl: :rofl:

Nope. A lot of people enjoy playing dices. It is even bigger market. If you think that competitiveness and random are not compatible - ok, not a problem, kick competitions out of board.

1 Like

yes he is. all he does is take the other side of any issue someone brings up. its why his profile is hidden and you cant see his post history. hes been doing it for a long time now.

Someday I’d like to see every card in Hearthstone rotated out and replaced by a snake card and a ladder card.

Now that’s an expansion I’d whip my wallet out for.

Finally mystic, you are someone I agree with on this forum, we agree that there are certain individuals that are contrarians who just oppose the OP for the sake of opposing the OP, these people are the most toxic peopleon this forum

1 Like