Less trash on Mercenaries Please

About a month after going live they came out with a hotfix that completely changed the leveling potential because people were getting them to 30 and grinding to task 7 quicker than a hiccup. The Mysterious Stranger nodes were altered, lowering the rate at which you could get tasks.

Granted, it made the mode cruise-control, and you could max out quickly, but the end result was a major balance issue for those players vs anyone who was not around for those first couple weeks or so. Within a couple days of release many of us had hit level 30 on all our mercs and had their T7 equipment unlocked. Everyone who has come into the mode since has been on that slowwww grind.

1 Like

not a question of whats being done wrong…just that most heroic fight require a specific team composition and some case its truly up to treasures to make it beatable at all(be my guess and try to prove me wrong by beating all heroics fights with the worse possible treasures ;)…)…ya got youtube at your disposition to upload(dont need to write anything about it)

also good for you if you got a solid memory to remember every name right, maybe you remember 100% of the lore too in its finest details >_>

maybe that could be a solution, if you clear the trash without beating the boss you have the option to go straight to the boss until it’s been beaten.

1 Like

yes 5x ressurect portal before every boss :rofl: :woman_facepalming:

I like this idea.

Someone asked if I meant bounties. In regards to randomness. I meant that the upcoming pack will let you choose who’s quests you’re doing by who’s in your party.

Someone else asked why people still play Mercenaries. I’d suggested HS to my bf, as he was working a job with a lot of down time and was bored. He felt overwhelmed getting into normal HS. There’s a LOT of card terminology to learn now as a new player. He found the rock, paper, scissors strategy easy enough to jump into.

He asked me to play Mercenaries, this brings us back to my og post. Playing through Mercenaries was more fun when my Mercs were weaker/lower level because it played faster.

There’s a reason people make decisions quickly based on doing rock, paper, scissors it’s fast paced.

1 Like

my solution is easy: 3-4 turns to boss is enough

Sassy fox icon person, if you’re actually a community rep, you should care about feedback from people like my bf. He’s one of the new players you need to keep this game alive.

3 Likes

Actually there’s no communication whatsoever in this forum because(??). Mods if any are passive and trolls derail threads all the time without prejudice, though that troll is the one telling us there’s somehow people here representing Blizz for some unknown reason or sick rethoric. The thread initially was pretty vague you had to explain(elaborate) what you meant.

But to the point like mentioned before spending a few coins 4 another retry at the boss(as another mobile games do) may be the desire solution, specially when you are after unlocking heroic equipment.

That could work. They could simply make general currency too. Let people choose who they want to work towards, unlock, and upgrade. Mercs imo has promise, it just needs polish.

1 Like

I believe I’ve already written about such kind of ‘valuable’ contribution to a very specific topic — I suppose I’ll just link it here.

And traditional HS isn’t grindy? This one, at least, has the puzzle-solving element to it, instead of ‘this apple on your head’.

Yeah, forums and internets in general are full of ‘experts’, for whom everything is easy, on nearly every subject in the world. :smirk:

Nope, when released, it also had a lot of charm. Of course, subsequently there was this cycle of hype, hope and dissapointment, as others have noticed as well, bu that’s another story.

Actually, I used to avoid mystery nodes when the heroic Air Elemental was a thing, having eventually started farming tasks and the MS mostly during the Banehollow era. :grinning: Nevertheless, these are bygones.

I find it… interesting how people occasionally drop in with their ‘expert’ reviews (completely off-topic, by the way), based on their experience of playing the game for a couple of hours or days a year ago, and seem to believe this to be the ultimate truth in the universe. I mean, the mode has had problems for some time, these are being discussed by the community, but maybe one should talk about something that they know?

What a surprise! You can’t beat a heroic fight by dropping in random stuff and button-mashing, how unfair and wrong!!!

I’m not aware of a single bounty for which it would be true.

You wouldn’t believe it, but I’ve done it multiple times, sometimes testing this repeatedly (especially for some of the more difficult bosses) and picking the worst treasures or the blue portal on purpose.

Can you give an example of at least one boss that isn’t beatable consistently by a full-cost party without any meaningful treasures? Which one has given you such trouble?

Sure, if you pay me properly for making this content — you didn’t expect people to do work for free just for you, did you? By the way, alternatively, you can find a lot of existing guides there — admittedly, of various quality, but plenty of those you can work with as well.

What’s wrong, don’t like reading? :grinning:

Yes, it is good, unlike the ‘Memory is a stranger, history is for fools’ attitude that some would like to be mainstream. The point, however, is not the variance in personal memory capabilities: these kinds of mistakes are highly unlikey for someone who is very familiar with the mode — which is also fine, however, making bold and supposedly definitive statements about something that you don’t know that well is less fine, so to speak.

I wouldn’t bother right now.

For me, it’s been mostly the Classic nostalgia, for which I returned, having subsequently stayed for Mercenaries.

What you describe about that stage in BRM is probably what many of us felt back then — those trash mobs were getting old, yes.

Indeed. If they actually have people responsible for communication, I wish they were delivering meaningful stuff, as pointed out in the example above, instead of… this (kind of posting).

I beg to differ. From my point of view, it was spot-on from the very beginning.

True. In my opinion as an active player who likes the mode’s concept and enjoys the gameplay, the main problems would be:

• Abundance of bugs (speaking of polish) and problems that have been persistent for a long time, poor documentation and communication — in other words, quality issues
  • Problems with PvE endgame and even those excess coins
  • Problematic packs
  • A bit of excessive grindiness (which this topic is essentially about in the first place)

I rely like how well you’ve identified and formulated so many of these points even as a new player. Lots of ‘hearts’ from me for your posts!

(Updated, added a part, some edits made)

first off i already got all Heroics fights completed so drop your arrogance

second if you view it as a job thats on you…i certainly wont pay for something i could careless about…but since you were so adamant about it i thought you wanted to prove it was possible

as for bosses which i consider real bs(HEROIC ONLY)…Highlord Omok…Popsicooler…Vanndar Stormpike…Dragonbone Golem…Xaril the Poisoned mind…
Queen Azshara OR Siren of the deep(can’t remember which one of the 2 was a piss off)…and lastly Cow King

i’am k reading(i dont do like most ppl on forum that read half a post then drop a non-sense answer) however i stop reading a thread if there a hundred of post to catch on

finaly i have memories issue(treat it as a joke if you want but i wonder if you gonna laugh the day you get alzeihmer)(i dont have it but memory issues is a close thing to that)

An unfounded accusation.

Making content is work, yes, and why would one just do it because a random guy on the forum would like to see it?

So you could or you couldn’t? Why don’t you make up your mind first. :grinning:

Alright.

Trivial from the very beginning with Xyrella, Velen and Anduin (although there are other options with newer mercs). One needs to take the other red guy first, then use slow healing from Velen to ensure Omokk oneshots no-one. Due to spell power from occasional Velen’s Blessings and all that damage accumulation from healing on Atonement, you can even oneshot Omokk, then finish the blue ‘add’. Done that many times… No treasures required.

It’s a tricky one, but there are multiple options… Old Guardian has a few videos about him, you could take those, although I used slightly different approaches when farming that bounty or doing it for some event (there was this task for this bounty with 3 Murlocs, even).

Again, there are multiple options… I’ve been even doing some fun stuff with the old arcane mercs, one could burn him down with Fire (the usual… Balinda, Geddon, Ragnaros, Chi-Ji)… Probably even more options with newer mercs, but I haven’t tested them.

Trivial with Velen-Cornelius-Anduin, for example, before the Creeping Madness rework (one would do it without even losing anyone), somewhat more challenging, but still doable afterwards.

Doable with Fire, for instance (I haven’t tested it much after Ragnaros’s HP were increased, which could change things if one uses Balinda on turn 1, but it’s a minor difference), but there are alternative approaches even with budget teams — again, OG’s guides are adequate, if memory serves, although there were alternative ways to do it even with Protectors only (another event task).

That used to be bugged (don’t know what’s the status now), but doable with the Fire team and Sulfuras on Ragnaros.

Doable in multiple ways… My favourite would be the Beast party, with Rexxar (after his rework), Anacondra and Xuen for the boss — doable without losing a single merc. Other approaches would be Pirates (very strong and consistent, something I would probably recommend previously), Dragons (the budget version, actually, with Yu’lon, Sinestra and Nefarian) and possibly some other ways (I can’t say I’ve tested them all thoroughly).

Doable with the usual teams like Fire, Holy, Nature (the new version with Nemsy is especially reliable), for instance, and probably in other ways, too without much trouble.

Unfortunate, but still: when writing a forum post, nothing precludes using a search engine and so on to brush up if needed — after all, doing something like that makes much more sense than talking about something while being completely clueless, for whatever reason.

So now you write as if that were a settled matter, essentially wishing such a condition on an unknown person in the future. Just how well-adjusted is that? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

only reason i wrote that is because you intially laughed at my memories issues

Which turned out to be the case, as we can see from the patch notes. :grinning: So, was it a lucky guess or something else? :wink:

In case there are actually some ‘community reps’ reading this, let me tell you that: trying to be the ‘white knight’ doesn’t really help. I mean, sure, you’re probably just doing what you’re told, having obtained a cheat sheet with simple instructions and taken a course on being ‘positive’ and ‘constructive’ — but still, this semblance of toxic positivity is not what’s needed. Sure, there are people with negative attitudes, but many — like the author of this topic — are actually giving constructive feedback, some of us are quite passionate about the game, a few on this forum have also done an impressive job testing the game and reporting (documenting) issues — I wish all of that could be said about the developer team… So, when the community gives such good feedback as Darkmoor has, for example — and I think anyone who has played Mercenaries extensively would see the point — it would be best to listen, summarise and deliver it to the developers, not imitate a battle bot going into the defensive mode. After all, sometimes the community is actually doing,as said, the developers’ job, such as testing — how smart is it to not only brush them off in such an insulting manner under the veneer of ‘positivity’, but also squander this resource, let alone the small matter that they are also your customers?

As for testing, as mentioned previously, — sometimes I get the impression that they don’t play-test the product at all. For instance, there was this: Mercenaries: some (heroic) bosses not as talkative anymore . I don’t know if it coincided with C’Thun’s event (just looked it up — it happened during the same patch 24.0) — the one that appeared to be somewhat tested and free from critical bugs for once, — but I wouldn’t be suprised if the developers, who finally play-tested some bosses, got annoyed with their excessive eloquence and disabled it. :grinning:

Who’s laughing and where? Let’s stick to facts and not wild guesses, assumptions or figments of imagination, shall we?

Besides, there’s absolutely no shame in looking things up for anyone. I tend to do this regularly on this forum in order to be precise with certain specific details, for example —

1 Like

Once again you’ve been dogmatic which I told you in our recent exchange(s) on the coin issue when you made a grammar comment on an incorrect assumption and went off topic on a “random character which we all are” (I did not elaborate then, but in the US/Canada the term was used correctly in the uk/aust/europe in general the “s” is the norm both are correct), and btw I’m just really mad abt the double exchange rates, you should know what I meant and last, I also did not understand the term used on main thread and what he meant by it. The rest is feeding the lion that lurks in the comm forum, but I let you decide that… The more we stay on topic the better for all that are interested in constructive criticism on any of hs game/modes, etc…

Mercs should be it’s own game. Stop including it into HS, Garbage game

1 Like